Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

Which one is world 4 btw? The skeleton one? i wasn't sure if we were supposed to do the bottom for before moving up.

I kept going up the archstones left side to the top. So I'm in the prison world with my save point post the first boss.

So there is no real order really. The way the game is structured is that each world’s first part is at the same low difficulty, and it ramps up as you progress in each level. Yep Level 4 is the one with skeletons.

I made the mistake of getting to level 1-4 and that boss was just kicking my ass, until I realised that you need to leave him until the end as that’s the final boss. Go figure.

Just completed the 4th level and I can't even imagine going back to games without tessellated walls and corridors and pretty much everything. This game is so gorgeous that I still stop and look at how on earth they crammed in so much detail in every frame.
Quoting myself again.

Finished the game - wow, very anticlimactic final boss - and I dived straight into Ghost of Tsushima (it's discounted again!). And I must say, GOT now looks positively last gen: blurry textures everywhere, flat polygons everywhere, simplistic lighting, now that I experienced Demon's Souls completely dynamic lighting and super detailed surfaces.

What a difference! It's still a very pretty game but the 'generational leap' we keep talking about could not be more evident. At least it's buttery smooth at 60fps, and very fun so far..

Quoting myself again.

Finished the game - wow, very anticlimactic final boss - and I dived straight into Ghost of Tsushima (it's discounted again!). And I must say, GOT now looks positively last gen: blurry textures everywhere, flat polygons everywhere, simplistic lighting, now that I experienced Demon's Souls completely dynamic lighting and super detailed surfaces.

What a difference! It's still a very pretty game but the 'generational leap' we keep talking about could not be more evident. At least it's buttery smooth at 60fps, and very fun so far..

Better assets(geometry and textures), fully unified lighting and shadowing system and better particles will be a must. Because they use a character creator, other games will be able like Spiderman Miles Morales to have better character model and hair. But the generation leap is here and some games will look better than this.

Quoting myself again.

Well according to games reviewers about 2-12 months ago, I was under the impression that we would not see a generational leap with this new generation compared to last gen. Glad you are pointing them out wrong.

EntawJOXIAEEZ7Q

EntavZNXMAE-cfx

^ ^ And then get Soul Ray, which goes through enemies (so you can hit/kill 2 or 3 enemies if they're in front of each other). Level up your weapons, dodge dodge dodge, and you should be ok, mostly. Level up magic and have a magic based weapon (through moonstone upgrades) so you do lots of damage even on your weapon.

I did get very impatient with King Allant so I summoned someone to help me out - only for that I promise! - but the rest is quite doable. Weirdly, the bosses in this game are actually quite easy compared to those huge pain in the butt in BB/DS1-2-3.

The difference is that getting to them is a pain at times, as there are no real 'shortcuts' like we're used to in later soulsborne games, where you get to the boss and by that point you'll have opened/unlocked a door or something that takes you pretty much straight to a checkpoint.

I’m struggling with this game - it looks stunning but why am I so shyte? It’s not fair :(

Here's something that a lot of new players do that you should try not to do. Heck, even experienced players can get caught in it.

Don't get greedy. Think about survival first, damage secondary.

A lot of people die because they get greedy and think they can get "one more hit" in. Instead, play it safe and dodge or block.

To get myself out of the habit of being greedy and going for that "one more hit" in Dark Souls 2, I would do entire runs where I would do 1 hit then dodge. 1 hit then dodge. As I got better I'd start going for 2 hits, but even then sometimes you can only get 1 hit in before dodging. After a few (or many) times doing this, I got to where I would just instinctively not go for hits that were probably too risky and I could then freely combo hit chains while still knowing when to dodge.

Do this enough and you'll start to know the timing on not only the enemy attacks, but your own attacks as well as (even more importantly) your dodge or block window. That's key to being able to start really mastering the combat in Souls like games.

Regards,
SB

Finished it tonight. And I’m finally got to play the game that I visualized in my head years ago as a kid.

I really enjoyed this game, but unfortunately for me, I never played the original so I’m unfairly comparing it to the other Souls games as if it were the latest sequel and not the original. And I think this game only comes up short in terms of simple bosses and length. I wish each archsrone had at least one more area.

Overall, I’d say it’s a 4/5 score (Bloodborne and DS1 would be a 5/5 for me in comparison).

I wish Bluepoint would remake Dark Souls 1 and help out From on their next game to nail the technical side right from the start.

Finished it tonight. And I’m finally got to play the game that I visualized in my head years ago as a kid.

I really enjoyed this game, but unfortunately for me, I never played the original so I’m unfairly comparing it to the other Souls games as if it were the latest sequel and not the original. And I think this game only comes up short in terms of simple bosses and length. I wish each archsrone had at least one more area.

Overall, I’d say it’s a 4/5 score (Bloodborne and DS1 would be a 5/5 for me in comparison).

I wish Bluepoint would remake Dark Souls 1 and help out From on their next game to nail the technical side right from the start.

Or it needs to have the 6th archstone.

Back