Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

I tried all 5 profiles and I can’t really tell the difference *shrug*
Oh! You are one of those people Cerny said might not fit the profiles.

I think I will be too. I have tinnitus and my hearing is weird because my one ear I hear certain frequencies and my other I hear other frequencies. They amalgamate though.

Oh! You are one of those people Cerny said might not fit the profiles.

I think I will be too. I have tinnitus and my hearing is weird because my one ear I hear certain frequencies and my other I hear other frequencies. They amalgamate though.
We're mutants.

Jokes aside, I tried the top one and this might completely be a placebo effect but it does sound kinda better? The difference is so subtle, it's probably all in my head together with all my other personalities, so we'll never know.

Maybe Demon's Souls just has bad 3D positional audio? Not the quality of the audio, but the positioning of the audio sources. It could be that they spent so much time on the graphics but didn't spend much time on the audio.

Regards,
SB

I’m actually using my big Beats headphones as I wanted to see what the fuss what all about with the 3D sound and... two points:

- the game (and everything else on PS5 really) sounds incredible. It’s rich, huge dynamic range and well, pretty awesome.

- is it really “3D Sound”?? No. As very much expected, you can’t really hear things above you or even behind you half the time, for example, as we were lead to believe.

So I will still lobby for full Atmos support and ain’t nobody arguing with me.

To be honest I’ ok with using headphones also cause my amp sucks some serious juice.
https://www.ecgprod.com/just-beat-it-truth-about-beats-headphones-by-dr-dre/

https://bgr.com/2015/07/13/beats-headphones-teardown/

Demons-Souls_20201120024543.png

Has anyone here's ps5 had any crashes playing any games?
Not on AC Valhalla (20+ hours), Astrobot or Sackboy or Dirt 5. Miles Morales, COD and Demon Souls all have reported crashing bugs.

It's a mad world indeed when the the Ubisoft open world game is one of the more stable. :yep2:

Not on AC Valhalla (20+ hours), Astrobot or Sackboy or Dirt 5. Miles Morales, COD and Demon Souls all have reported crashing bugs.

It's a mad world indeed when the the Ubisoft open world game is one of the more stable. :yep2:

All those other games with crashes must be janky as all get out then...

It's gorgeous, but so hard for me :(
I just want to enjoy the graphics and the lore but I so dislike the fights.
I managed to cheese the Armor Spider by staying close to the walls and launch spells.
I lost already a few times against the Flame Lurker, feel like a running headless chicken. And it's so annoying to die and respawn at the other side of the map that you have to run through trying again.
At least give me an option to try again instantly, and actually learn the patterns without the chore of clearing half a map to get to it again.
I had the same reaction about Bloodborne, everybody likes it, it feels like work for me, but I really like everything else.
If anything, I hope From Software somehow drop their clunky engine and switch to this one.

It's gorgeous, but so hard for me :(
I just want to enjoy the graphics and the lore but I so dislike the fights.
I managed to cheese the Armor Spider by staying close to the walls and launch spells.
I lost already a few times against the Flame Lurker, feel like a running headless chicken. And it's so annoying to die and respawn at the other side of the map that you have to run through trying again.
At least give me an option to try again instantly, and actually learn the patterns without the chore of clearing half a map to get to it again.
I had the same reaction about Bloodborne, everybody likes it, it feels like work for me, but I really like everything else.
If anything, I hope From Software somehow drop their clunky engine and switch to this one.
Well at least in subsequent games, usually you get a shortcut relatively close to the boss, so you can just run and try again whenever you die. It's not the case in Demon Souls - the worst for me was level 4-2, where you have to go through the worst and most tedious level - but at least the boss there can be easily cheesed with the Thief ring (didn't know that the first couple of times). But getting there is just the worst.

Well at least in subsequent games, usually you get a shortcut relatively close to the boss, so you can just run and try again whenever you die. It's not the case in Demon Souls - the worst for me was level 4-2, where you have to go through the worst and most tedious level - but at least the boss there can be easily cheesed with the Thief ring (didn't know that the first couple of times). But getting there is just the worst.
1-4 or 5 whatever it is, is also sort of annoying with the dragons.

The game being so beautiful almost makes up for it though. At least there’s eye candy to look at while I throw my controller at the TV!
Which one is world 4 btw? The skeleton one? i wasn't sure if we were supposed to do the bottom for before moving up.

I kept going up the archstones left side to the top. So I'm in the prison world with my save point post the first boss.

Back