The Witcher 1 Remake in UE5 [XB, PS, PC]

My bet it they're doing this as a learning experience and trial run in UE5 before transferring that knowledge, and likely much of the engine work into the new, higher profile Witcher 4.

Do you guys think they'll make it a free roam open world like 3? I think so.

This is a good game to be remade, it's really showing its age and was problematic even on launch. I'm very much interested to see how will they remake it for modern age.

Awesome news! But I wonder what's the point of announcing it so early?
Recruitment probably. The game is primarily made by Fool’s Theory, a team made by ex Witcher devs.

We are getting three high profile RPG remakes from janky 3D early-2000s, it will be interesting to see how all of them end up being [Gothic, KOTOR, and now Witcher]. Witcher will most likely get the largest budget of them all.

New engine + not tested studio = GTA trilogy
It's math.
gta trilogy was mobile port as far as I know (and looks like it so can belive its true), here I hope its proper remake with not only new enigne but assets, animations, models and maybe even modernized fight mechanic as w1 is propably archaic for modern standard

We are getting three high profile RPG remakes from janky 3D early-2000s, it will be interesting to see how all of them end up being [Gothic, KOTOR, and now Witcher]. Witcher will most likely get the largest budget of them all.

Well, considering that the Gothic demo was so bad it got people in an uproar and the devs to change dev direction and Kotor threw its initial dev out and got another (smells more like a canned project), we don't really need to wonder how they'll turn up. :)

Back