Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

It seems to be a 512MB chip, the other 512 will be in the southbridge, for a 1GB total, like in the PS4 PRO.
Really!

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2174153/

H5AN4G8NBJR
The H5AN4G4NBJR-xxC, H5AN4G8NBJR-xxC, H5AN4G6NBJR-xxC, H5AN4G8NBJR-xxI, H5AN4G6NBJR-xxI are a 4Gb CMOS Double Data Rate IV (DDR4) Synchronous DRAM, ideally suited for the main memory applications which requires large memory density and high bandwidth. SK hynix 4Gb DDR4 SDRAMs offer fully synchronous operations referenced to both rising and falling edges of the clock. While all addresses and control inputs are latched on the rising edges of the CK (falling edges of the CK), Data, Data strobes and Write data masks inputs are sampled on both rising and falling edges of it. The data paths are internally
pipelined and 8-bit prefetched to achieve very high bandwidth.

https://www.skhynix.com/products.view.do?vseq=2311&cseq=73

https://www.skhynix.com/product/filedata/fileDownload.do?seq=8670

Just picked up my PS5. This is a big boy lol.
Man the size cannot be over stated lol.
Box was pretty beat up inside and out, so that's not a great start, not sure why they can't package things without bending cardboard or tearing the box, but whatever.

Funny story, EB games asking me to buy additional warranty insurance with them so that I don't have to deal with Sony. She tells me that there are tons of reports of overheating and break downs for this launch, I really recommend getting it for $80 . And the controller stick drift hasn't been solved from PS4, so $10 to replace my controller no questions asked.
You think you can out concern troll me? Da fuck? Do you know who I am?

Anyway, it's pain in the ass time to get this wired up, I hate going behind my TV stand, fucking spiders everywhere.

And I'm out again.

Just picked up my PS5. This is a big boy lol.
Man the size cannot be over stated lol.
Box was pretty beat up inside and out, so that's not a great start, not sure why they can't package things without bending cardboard or tearing the box, but whatever.

Funny story, EB games asking me to buy additional warranty insurance with them so that I don't have to deal with Sony. She tells me that there are tons of reports of overheating and break downs for this launch, I really recommend getting it for $80 . And the controller stick drift hasn't been solved from PS4, so $10 to replace my controller no questions asked.
You think you can out concern troll me? Da fuck? Do you know who I am?

Anyway, it's pain in the ass time to get this wired up, I hate going behind my TV stand, fucking spiders everywhere.

And I'm out again.

:D Maybe she's seen the video of the XSX with a cloud of smoke coming out of the top of it after it was switched on!!

Good. Now break that thing apart and measure the SoC with calipers. For science.

Come on, now. You know I'd do the same if the roles were inverted and mine was coming today instead of next week.
lol no.. 800 dollars down, I should have paid for that $80 warranty if I was going to do that.
Setup is pretty nice, it's installing the game from disc while updating the console.

My controller impressions: great build quality.
on haptics and rumble... perhaps a little over sold. Definitely an improvement over what we have, but I'd take the hype down several notches from calling it revolutionary gameplay/design. It provides some additional immersion, but you may be interested in eventually shutting these things off when you tire of it.

I haven't seen a single good piece of pre-release coverage of Bugsnax and had mentally catalogued as the Knack of this generation but I'm now hearing really interesting stuff about it. I'm still not sure it's for me.

I haven't seen a single good piece of pre-release coverage of Bugsnax and had mentally catalogued as the Knack of this generation but I'm now hearing really interesting stuff about it. I'm still not sure it's for me.

Well it's free, so why not try it out?

Well I added it to my library so that when I go visit my brother in the future, I can play with my niece.

I also bought Sackboy Deluxe Edition today on the PS4 to tie me over till next month when I get my PS5, then I can upgrade it to the PS5 for free. :D

I will give my brother my PS4, and my niece can then play Sackboy too. :)

Back