Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Ken Kutaragi's masterplan!
Sony wants you to earn that PlayStation 3!

This business plan never really went well..
Lol. Yea. If you look at PS exclusives so many are targeted at the 20s+ age group. People with high disposable income. Gone are the days of Sing Star.

I guess if they know you have money and are willing to pay for those types of blockbuster titles then they intend to charge for admission.

I hope it works out for them. At the very least they support backwards compatibility, a step up from Mattricks keep your 360

Lol. Yea. If you look at PS exclusives so many are targeted at the 20s+ age group. People with high disposable income. Gone are the days of Sing Star.

I guess if they know you have money and are willing to pay for those types of blockbuster titles then they intend to charge for admission.

I hope it works out for them. At the very least they support backwards compatibility, a step up from Mattricks keep your 360

PS4 planned to be around for 4 more years could fix that. Drop the price to 1??$ and bring in family/kid friendly content.

I guess I was trying to point out that it's not just PC settings coming over to Series X, but effort is being expended to improve the Series X with features beyond, and then the effort to spread that back to the PC version. I guess the idea is that there is effort being expended, though no world building/art is really being changed, except perhaps some rebaking of sorts.

it is what it is. There's no porsche that sells with an engine that runs on diesel. I'll just leave it at that. You don't buy a lambo and fill it with regular. That's what I think Sony is aiming for. You're going to get the experiences you want, all the remasters will be better than any BC upgrade, but you've just got to be willing to pay. There's no right or wrong on it. It's not anti-consumer to do what Sony is doing. But lower income families can't afford a porsche. And that's what it may very well come down to and Sony may not be interested in that part of the market anymore.

They just have to come with more then remasters.

I don't see the problem to be honest. So much fake concern for PlayStation consumers being screwed over yet it seems a lot don't think they are. One of the new PS orientated YouTubers had a poll and from 1.3k votes, 42% said they were fine with it while 25% said indifferent. 31% said they were not ok.

There is a lot of new stuff in the PS5 Spider-man as Chris1515 mentioned.

From Insomniac.
Many art assets have been updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. Better-looking characters w/ improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation Ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching into distance

Optional performance mode for a targeted 60fps frame rate. Near-instant loading, 3D audio, DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Three suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies

You are paying $20 for the upgrade($6 in my case), I would say it is worth it. My PS4 will go to my brother and his kids when I get my PS5, so they will enjoy the original Spider-man there.

It's not ideal, but if it's as good an update as it sounds, for £15 in the UK it's not a complete fuck up. Still a bit behind the curve, Sony!

However it remain to be seen how good the update actually is, since we've seen nothing so far.

My main issue with it is that I'm not sure I'll want to play Spidey all over again, I already got the platinum and I really don't feel like diving back in ever again, if I'm honest. So I'll probably just get Miles without the remaster.

There's no porsche that sells with an engine that runs on diesel. I'll just leave it at that. You don't buy a lambo and fill it with regular.
Your analogy is all wrong.

It's buying a 2020 Porsche last year then this year there's the 2021 model with a more powerful engine, wider wheels, better handling etc. and you believe you should get the 2021 model for free. It ain't going to happen. Although in this case Sony say you can get the new version for $20 I don't think Porsche will say you can trade in your old car and upgrade to the new one for say $100k. You will have to buy the new one at the new price.

My main issue with it is that I'm not sure I'll want to play Spidey all over again, I already got the platinum and I really don't feel like diving back in ever again, if I'm honest. So I'll probably just get Miles without the remaster.
I got the platinum too however I was intending to play the game again on the PS5. Now with the new upgrades as per Insomniac, I will happily play the new version and get a Platinum for the PS5.

I haven't played the game since I finished it so I will likely play it again before I play Miles Morales. If I get bored, I can always play Miles Morales.

My only PS3/PS4 platinum was Lego Marvel Superheros(I platinumed the PS3 version while overseas visiting my sister and her family for a month about 6 years ago). I platinumed it again on my PS4.

It's not ideal, but if it's as good an update as it sounds, for £15 in the UK it's not a complete fuck up. Still a bit behind the curve, Sony!

However it remain to be seen how good the update actually is, since we've seen nothing so far.

Having slept and thought about it. I think that is the main intention here. The idea that many will replay all those games because they are remastered is not necessarily very high. As you and others would be more dedicated to spending your time on newer experiences. The goal is to actually hit people like me with the toll gate.

The remasters are there to suck people into the ecosystem, but they don’t want to give it away to new customers. So if the content is good enough I will have to pay; as opposed to getting all those upgrades free and games for cheap by borrowing them. at least that’s how I think they are seeing it. They may have overlooked the outrage from their existing customer base not realizing that they would want to replay their remastered titles.

If I'm being kind, this is a very inelegant solution. If I'm being honest, this is just rubbish Sony. I don't expect something for nothing.

However this will be an interesting performance test bed for comparing PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs PS5 B/C (both modes) vs PS5 Remaster. DigitalFoundry can make an hour long video of this. Are Sony doing this to help out Digital Foundry?

No.. it's just Sony being rubbish.

However this will be an interesting performance test bed for comparing PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs PS5 B/C (both modes) vs PS5 Remaster

Did Sony indicate there was some user option to select between normal PS4 and 4Pro modes when playing older games on PS5?

Did Sony indicate there was some user option to select between normal PS4 and 4Pro modes when playing older games on PS5?
Actually good point, it's a unified binary isn't it? I had a notion of downloading SM on PS4 and not allowing it to update for PS Pro but that ain't gonna fly. :nope:

From a curiosity standpoint I think that would be a nice setting to have. For the sanity of everyone else, I'm glad if it wont exist.

So many interesting comparisons in general to be done, 3 on PS side and 4 on Xbox side, then throw in PCs and its :runaway:

If I'm being kind, this is a very inelegant solution. If I'm being honest, this is just rubbish Sony. I don't expect something for nothing.

However this will be an interesting performance test bed for comparing PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs PS5 B/C (both modes) vs PS5 Remaster. DigitalFoundry can make an hour long video of this. Are Sony doing this to help out Digital Foundry?

No.. it's just Sony being rubbish.

That’s exactly the word. Inelegant. And a bit rubbish. The same inelegant Sony that never got round to creating anything even resembling a standard labelling for features supported by games - 4K? HDR? Nothing. We have to search forums and geeky websites to see what is supported and what isn’t, because everything is still labelled as “supports 480p, 720p and 1080p” like in 2013. But we’re in 2020.

The same Sony who never got round to update some of their own very successful games to Pro, and now will seemingly continue this inelegance for the PS5, if Spidey is anything to go by. Rubbish.

Last edited:
It is what it is. Take-Two made billions off of GTA 5 before 2014 and still sold it for $60 for re-release on the One and PS4. At least you get a remastered original and a new DLC.

It is what it is. Take-Two made billions off of GTA 5 before 2014 and still sold it for $60 for re-release on the One and PS4. At least you get a remastered original and a new DLC.

I didn't mind re-buying GTA V for PS4, the first person mode meant they almost had to redesign pretty much the whole game. All of the movement and driving controls are completely different to third person, but they feel the same. That kind of effort, along with the bazillion vehicle interiors and better textures, made that a very easy pill to swallow (pay). :yes: And if they bring GTA V to PS5 with PSVR support, I'll buy it again! :runaway:

This could probably be spun off into another thread as we’ve veered off from Miles and into “wtf sony and your remasters” but there is a bit of a difference between a super old game getting remastered, and a 2 year old game getting an update which is sold for £25. Again, not the end of the world, but when so many other competitors are doing free upgrades, then the question is, WTF SONY??

This could probably be spun off into another thread as we’ve veered off from Miles and into “wtf sony and your remasters” but there is a bit of a difference between a super old game getting remastered, and a 2 year old game getting an update which is sold for £25. Again, not the end of the world, but when so many other competitors are doing free upgrades, then the question is, WTF SONY??
It isn't sold seperately. It will also have upgraded graphics, RT, faster loading, haptics etc. built into it so it is likely way different to the PS4 version so why shouldn't Sony charge $20 for it? People with the PS4 version don't need to buy it again because there is already a PS4 version. If they want the PS5 version, then they need to play up. I don't see what's the issue.

I mean it's a person's choice. If you don't want it like you don't, then you don't buy it. If you want to play it again for whatever reason, you can play your PS4 version on the PS5 I am sure. If you want to play the PS5 version with updated graphics etc. then pay $20 for the new content that Sony's has provided for the newer version.

I can see maybe why people are upset that you can't carry over your current save but again it seems that the newer content is different enough that people will need to play it again(which I don't mind personally).

Sony(Insomniac in this case) isn't always obliged to offer free content for everything as they have seemingly put a lot of work into this new content. Did you not have to pay for the DLC's? Again, you are basically getting a brand new game for only $20. It's a great price if you haven't played the game ever. It's a great price even if you have.

Last edited:
Back