AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on which is the perf/W starting point. Was it the 5700XT? Was it the 5700? Or the 5600XT? Or the 5600M with HBM made for Apple (2060 Mobile level in 50W)? Too many variables to have a definitive picture. Someone is saying AMD is targetting a 275W cards, now it must be seen, if it's true or not.

384-bit for 80cu? RX 5600XT is doing ok with 192-bit and 14gbps, but its mainstream and 32cu...also, not sure if navi10 is bandwith limited at highest res, but HBM2 offers plenty and cost is not as high as in 2015 fury x days.

Hm... I don't know. Do we have any estimates for how much HBM2 runs for nowadays?

dunno, i can see them going HBM for the highend, and don´t forget they used HBM for Apples Navi 12 very recently too, even if the rest of navi 1x are GDDR6. Navi 12 indeed has impressive p/w. 24GB GDDR6X are very expensive too...not sure about the cost comparison with 16GB HBM2, and 16GB are more than enough for many years in any game, any quality and any resolution imo.

I am still surprised that AMD haven't spun other SKUs (mobile or otherwise) based on the Apple Navi 12+HBM config. That thing is perf/watt beast.

512b with slow GDDR6 ftw. R600 and Hawaii are both legends.

I owned both R600 (2900 XT) and Hawaii (290X). Those things have a hot warm place in my heart.

It's odd that no one's leaking AMD's nextgen mobile plans.
275W for just above 3070 performance sounds bad even for N22, though
Yeah.
Because it's not real.
There's a reason for no non-reference N21s anywhere close to launch.
Hopefully, he's conflating N21's TBP and N22's performance, lol.
No shit.
Anyone with half a brain still functional looked at XSX power rails, the usual MS OP ratios for PSUs, RNR SoC power at ~3.6GHz and thought really hard.

Last edited:
Dual stack HBM2E for 800-900GB/s from AMD's long time partner-in-HBM SK Hynix seems like a very strong possibility for Navi 21 at the moment.
I don't think anyone can ship 3.2Gbps HBM yet because otherwise we'd see it on A100 and MI100.
We're also starting to see anti-HBM FUD around (it's too expensive for a $600 card because of stuff!),
Yeah and backdrill PCBs with infernal custom memory aren't.
:^)
Some people have the weirdest double standards.

I am still surprised that AMD haven't spun other SKUs (mobile or otherwise) based on the Apple Navi 12+HBM config. That thing is perf/watt beast.
Maybe this is why NVidia is "scared"?

NVidia has had plenty of time to peek into every corner of its performance profile.
Dual stack HBM2E for 800-900GB/s from AMD's long time partner-in-HBM SK Hynix seems like a very strong possibility for Navi 21 at the moment.
We're also starting to see anti-HBM FUD around (it's too expensive for a $600 card because of stuff!), which further reinforces that possibility IMO.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's $1000. Maybe $1200.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-big-navi-graphics-card-teased-in-fortnite/

The first person to spot this easter egg was an AMD-sponsored streamer on Facebook who goes by GinaDarling. This was most definitely a marketing stunt as Gina was not only playing the game on a custom map made for AMD but also knew to enter the 6000 code. It is definitely an interesting way to tease its next-generation RDNA 2 products. The 6000 code definitely points to the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series branding for the next-generation parts and it looks like we will be getting the launch soon since AMD's competitor, NVIDIA, has already displayed its next-generation gaming products.

and the teaser is a big nothing

Something Big is Coming To The AMD Battle Arena!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back