EA Play 2019

I think these are all in Pacific timezone (add 3 hours for the East Coast), taken from https://www.ea.com/eaplay2019

• 9:15 am: Countdown to EA PLAY
  • 9:30am: Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order™
    • Hosted by online personality Greg Miller
  • 10:00am: Apex Legends
    • Hosted by commentator Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez
  • 10:30am: Battlefield V
    • Hosted by online personality Julia Hardy and EA’s Adam Freeman
  • 11:00am: EA SPORTS FIFA
    • Hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez
  • 11:30am: EA SPORTS Madden NFL
    • Hosted by NFL Network’s Adam Rank
  • 12:00pm: The Sims 4
    • Hosted by Greg Miller

Fallen is some good stuff. 45% Tomb Raider, 45% Uncharted and...10% Dark souls ?

Yep, @Xbat, hopefully the game is not too easy because the character is kind of overpowered as a Jedi...

Last edited:
To this day I am still playing Battlefront II (by the way, that game constantly getting new content). I doubt that this title can come close (even in sale figures). The showed game mechanics didn't make me want to play it right away. Maybe I will buy it sometime and then it will be played for 20 hours and after that not again. Hopefully my impressions will change.

Last edited:
Just looking at the Star Wars stuff so far, it really is sad that Disney now owns the franchise. It's so unnerving to see the light saber slice completely through someone's torso killing them, but the torso is still completely intact. Like what? That drew me right out of the footage. Shame. But you gotta save the kids, right?

Regards,
SB

It looked somewhat ok if not a bit flat. Was expecting some nice setpieces and epic star wars score but what was shown kinda bored me. I do like the usage of the Force tho, wonder how far they can take it up to.

It looks miles better than the GameSpot video that was uploaded whilst the main stream finished, I had to stop watching as it looked like the 720p Quantum Break reconstruction the compression artifacts were so bad.

I watched GameSpot live feed afterwards.
Maybe I'll watch this trailer.
Truth is I found the whole thing a bit of a drag. Didnt even end up watching all of it.

So far been underwhelmed with Google and EA. This almost put a dampener on excitement for rest of E3.

Viewing it in 4K looks nice.
OK, yea looks a lot better.
Still didn't like show though :LOL:

It seems to me like a typical game from ten years ago. One tube section after the other is completed. The staging could also be better. The player moves and it makes the impression as if he triggers the prefabricated sequences. On the other hand, in Red Dead Redemption 2 everything looks alive and not as if it's all caused by the player. If he is going somewhere in Red Dead Redemption 2 the event is starting right in the middle of it. This would seem much more natural.

Last edited:
Why stop there, why not compare it to other vaporware bullshot cinematic trailers? I don't get the obsession to comparing something real with something imaginary.
You're confusing vaporware with a cancelled game (thank you Disney). Other titles have reached that level of quality (and better) already (i.e. ND games).

It's not that SW1313 looked too god, it's that FO looks too bland. Maybe EA is just pinching pennies with this one.

There's no way 1313 was anywhere near being a game that was even remotely playable, hence it's more vaporware than game.

There's no way 1313 was anywhere near being a game that was even remotely playable, hence it's more vaporware than game.
Star Wars 1313 was a fully pre-rendered short done on a heavily modified build of UE at LucasFilm/Arts/ILM. Once Lucas Arts folded some of the team went to Epic & Kim Liberi became CTO of Epic..
It was 110% vaporware.

Last edited:
Star Wars 1313 was a fully pre-rendered short done on a heavily modified build of UE at LucasFilm/Arts/ILM. Once Lucas Arts folded some of the team went to Epic & Kim Liberi became CTO of Epic..
It was 110% vaporware.
A source on it being prerendered would be nice.

Back