Best feature of the Xbox One - Co-Pilot

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
I've been meaning to make this thread for a while now so finally here we go.

As a dad to a 3yr old who is obsessed with cars, I enjoy some weekend time on Forza Horizon 3 with him. For a while, he would love the idea of it because he got to see cars and diff cars and more cars and keep hearing cars cars cars! on repeat but you get the point.

So while he would start out excited, it'd quickly turn to frustration as he wasn't able to control the vehicles and would have to constantly hand the controller to me.

Then we started using the co-pilot feature which allows us both to simultaneously play the game and share the controls. For us, the fun factor went up exponentially and now we're playing Trials on top of Forza. The feature works flawlessly on any game including the 360 BC games which was surprising to me. He's now able to do donuts on his own and is able to pass the early trials levels.

The co-pilot is likely one of the most unique features I've seen in gaming for some time and I think it's actually a way of spending some quality time with your family or SO as you're both interacting with the game rather than just being a passive party.

For those with kids or SO's that get frustrated because the control are too hard and such, give this a shot.

*Mods: can you please move to normal console wasteland?*

I've been meaning to make this thread for a while now so finally here we go.

As a dad to a 3yr old who is obsessed with cars, I enjoy some weekend time on Forza Horizon 3 with him. For a while, he would love the idea of it because he got to see cars and diff cars and more cars and keep hearing cars cars cars! on repeat but you get the point.

So while he would start out excited, it'd quickly turn to frustration as he wasn't able to control the vehicles and would have to constantly hand the controller to me.

Then we started using the co-pilot feature which allows us both to simultaneously play the game and share the controls. For us, the fun factor went up exponentially and now we're playing Trials on top of Forza. The feature works flawlessly on any game including the 360 BC games which was surprising to me. He's now able to do donuts on his own and is able to pass the early trials levels.

The co-pilot is likely one of the most unique features I've seen in gaming for some time and I think it's actually a way of spending some quality time with your family or SO as you're both interacting with the game rather than just being a passive party.

For those with kids or SO's that get frustrated because the control are too hard and such, give this a shot.

*Mods: can you please move to normal console wasteland?*
pretty neat, I'll keep this in mind as my girls grow up. Right now the oldest at 4yrs has no interests in video games, but I guess it's because I don't have the right games for her to play.

So it’s just like plugging two mice into windows. :p. /troll
This is still one of my most favourite things to do. I love that Windows just doesn't care if two mice are connected at the time time.:LOL:

My kids are too old for this now, but giving them the controller to succeed or fail on their own is also a feasible method to learn ;) My 11 year old son can out PvP me in Destiny.

It feel great to Co-pilot, using 2 controller just like a single gamepad. However, note that the person turning on the Co-pilot function is the one who will be credited with the scores and achievements in the game.
Further, the pilot can turn off the Co-pilot at any time! It is quite and exciting experience when you can do more in the game together.

Back