XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

is there a bug with the emulator? My console is fully updated. I downloaded Dirt 3 the other day and worked fine the first race, but the second one was a slideshow, in the same track and same conditions, it went from stable 30 fps like the original, to something like 10 or less fps. :neutral:

Same happened with Forza Horizon today, which is free. The experience was totally perfect. 10 minutes later the framerate went choppy for no apparent reason. It only happened to me with those two racing games. I decided to bear with Forza Horizon and see what happened. It got to a point several minutes later after it began to go choppy that the framerate was so slow the game just did freeze and that was it, the virtual X360 just restarted...

It's a bug that the BC team are working on.

is there a bug with the emulator? My console is fully updated. I downloaded Dirt 3 the other day and worked fine the first race, but the second one was a slideshow, in the same track and same conditions, it went from stable 30 fps like the original, to something like 10 or less fps. :neutral:

Same happened with Forza Horizon today, which is free. The experience was totally perfect. 10 minutes later the framerate went choppy for no apparent reason. It only happened to me with those two racing games. I decided to bear with Forza Horizon and see what happened. It got to a point several minutes later after it began to go choppy that the framerate was so slow the game just did freeze and that was it, the virtual X360 just restarted...
It's a known bug and they are working on it.
To resolve this bug until it is fixed, you must restart your xbox. Played a few hours forza horizon and than the bug occurred. Restarting the game didn't help, but restarting the xbox helped right away. it's annoying, but at least they are working on it.

edit:
ah, sry, didn't see your post because it was on the next page (that I didn't see ^^)

New games added to the compatibility list. Bayonetta, de Blob2, Arkanow Live!

Cr1-nkpWEAIYIDH.jpg

Cr1-ntjW8AAJhtf.jpg
Cr1-n2mXYAAlBIK.jpg

Also, QIX++ and Of Orcs and Men (not all regions) are coming to Xbox One Back Compat today

Cr1-oJFXEAAUwxQ.jpg
Cr1-oTtXEAAOA0E.jpg

I need to pop in some Bayonetta---it's been a while.
Now, I just need Ninja Gaiden II.

If we ever get Ninja Gaiden Black from the original Xbox, the dream will be complete! So very doubtful though.

Some of the games that get backwards compatibility just make me wish the PS4 had it too. Virtua Fighter Final Showdown is one of the games I wish I could play on my PS4 without having to turn my PS3 on. The PS4 controller is also perfect for precision in fighting games since I find the D-Pad immensely better than the PS3's or XBOX One's

This is what backwards compatibility does to games. Lost Odyssey is bc now.
I suppose in real terms that could have been 2 copies a month up to 14 copies a month. Without any calibration of the Amazon Movers and Shakers scale, we've no real idea of what the actual sales are like and if they're meaningful.

I'm actually getting more frame-drops than the test for Lost Odyssey, but it is probably due to the preview OS. It's still fairly rare though.

I'm fairly sure it's the OS because I also get it in other games that I wasn't getting it in before like Rocket League and Halo 5.

I suppose in real terms that could have been 2 copies a month up to 14 copies a month. Without any calibration of the Amazon Movers and Shakers scale, we've no real idea of what the actual sales are like and if they're meaningful.
Are you suggesting that RDR was selling 1 copy a week and went up an incredible 6000% to sell 60 copias a week, and something similar happened to Lost Odyssey? We don't know the actual amount of sold copies prior to that, but I am guessing it was more than that because it was a game that many people enjoyed and word of mouth does wonders in that case.

Are you suggesting that RDR was selling 1 copy a week and went up an incredible 6000% to sell 60 copias a week, and something similar happened to Lost Odyssey?
No, I'm saying we have no idea how many sales we've got. It looks like BC is highly valued with people rushing out to buy old games, but there's plenty of possibility that the number of old game sales are completely insignificant. A spike of a few thousand could catapult a game up the movers-and-shakers charts, but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It'd be nice to think that such increased movement is evidence that consoles should have BC, and Sony should take notice, but reality is probably not and Sony are better off with their own data.

Are you suggesting that RDR was selling 1 copy a week and went up an incredible 6000% to sell 60 copias a week, and something similar happened to Lost Odyssey? We don't know the actual amount of sold copies prior to that, but I am guessing it was more than that because it was a game that many people enjoyed and word of mouth does wonders in that case.

There's no digital version of LO. So it's really going to be hard to tell as they are at the moment only used and recycled copies for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back