The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Anyone mentioned Mr Robot yet?
Season 2 Episode 7 so far - it really is slowly beginning to play with my head.
Without the introduction of some new major story arc I can't really see it lasting beyond season 3 however I am sure the writer(s) has/have figured that out. Rami Malek plays his part rather brilliantly and Christian Slater is Christian Slater.
Quite a lot of geekdom in the show, loads of Linux commands and hacking going on that touches on what is happening in contemporary technology, e.g. BitCoin, Anonymous, state sponsored hacking, the power of multi-national companies, Tor and encryption.
Pretty cool ... I think most members of Beyond3D would enjoy it.

Season 2 of Mr Robot sucks hard in comparison to Season 1. Its like a bad SNL Skit, where the "twists" have been obvious from the beginning if you paid attention and gone on for far too long.

A little off-topic, but interesting that after the success of Orange is the New Black, the use of private correctional facilities is now planned to be phased out completely. It may be coincidence of course ... ;)

A bit more on-topic, I watched another season and a half of Justified (the on-demand channel lost access to season 4 halfway, so I decided to just skip to season 5), and still like the series a fair bit. Although I don't like all of the writing, the actors do a great job bringing the characters to life.

Been watching Vikings and enjoying it but Travis Fimmel doesn't seem to have any look other than mildly bemused.

I tried to watch it but it didnt make it past 1.5 episodes before I cancelled the OnePass.

Tivo recording setup.

I couldn't get into the show. Seemed to dry and not engaging enough.

From LB's link
What is it about? An asteroid lands in Russia and it’s full of ants. They take over the brains of members of Congress and lead to a complete government shutdown in Washington.

So it's a documentary then ?

From LB's link
What is it about? An asteroid lands in Russia and it’s full of ants. They take over the brains of members of Congress and lead to a complete government shutdown in Washington.

So it's a documentary then ?

Actually wouldn't Ants be extremely cooperative and highly efficient?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finished Fringe after being recommended it in this thread. I liked it but wasn't super impressed by the pilot episode. It wasn't bad at all, just seemed a bit predictable and cheesy, so it took a couple of weeks before I decided to have another bash at it with ep 2. After a few more episodes I pretty much went hell for leather until all 5 seasons were done.

The first season takes a while to get going but once it did I loved every minute. The directions they took it in throughout the series really surprised me and kept it fresh. I was expecting a sort of X-Files thing where they hint at a lot but show you too little (FWIW I have not seen all of the X-Files, that's just what I took from what I saw). No worry about that with this series though.

If I had any sort of complaint it would be that it seemed to spend too long being on the depiction of suffering and dead bodies. I'm not squeamish or offended by it - just quite a few of the lingering gore shots seemed unnecessary and a bit boring. Some gruesome stuff was definitely required so you got a sense of what they were up against. I think they might've shortened those shots a bit as the series went on or I just stopped noticing so much. Either way it hardly detracted from a very enjoyable show.

Now back to wondering what to watch next.

The Getdown was very good, shame it only lasted so few episodes, but definitely recommended. The Pirate series (Black Sails) is also much better than I expected. Into Season 2 right now, pretty good stuff. Occasionally watch some Orange is the New Black - it doesn't hold my attention like it used to, but it's still quite good. A new series about a hero in the DareDevil/Jessica Jones universe is starting this weekend, so I'm sure I'll be watching some of that too.

I also liked Peaky Blinders by the way. Cilian remains a good actor ...

I thought Daredevil so2 was incredibly boring, and so was Jessica Jones. The superhero stuff has gotten tired all across the board, at least for me. X-Men Apocalypse was simply the latest sleeping pill in a line of duds.

I really enjoy Gotham, but that's probably because it's a buddy cop show at its core. One with an extra large serving of cheese.

I also picked up Hemlock Grove again. Not sure whether I'd call it proper good, but at the very least it's one hell of a twisty and creative ride.

Oh, and Narcos SO2 was great.

Last edited:
I have two more episodes of Narcos to go. It's so good.

After that, I'll likely give Stranger Things a watch. I heard it's good.

Back