New PS4 Smell

Yeah, but from the first days i got the impression that the PS4 wouldn't update a game if it hadn't been run at least once, which i thought was stupid.
I've not heard this before, where did you read about it?

I've had games install and get patched before me playing them: Assassin's Creed 4, Tomb Raider, Outcast, probably others but I recall these three specifically.

BTW, I just realised I cannot see my screens and video captures if I am not connected to the interwebs :( ! WTF. THe fact is these captures show up under the Profile section and profile is accessible only when one is online ! Does that mean I cannot see my videos and screens if I am not online even though the data is stored in my HDD ?!!?!?!? WTH kindof warped shit is that ? :???:

They are also available in the storage management.

Yeah, but from the first days i got the impression that the PS4 wouldn't update a game if it hadn't been run at least once, which i thought was stupid. And now TR did update before i got a chance to play it, maybe they changed something.

My experience had been that it starts downloading updates as soon as the disc is inserted and if the game is digital then the update starts downloading along with the game.

I want to avoid the Peeling off issue as I am using the controller a bit too much, using it on my ps3, ps4 and plan to use it on PC too as I find every other controller really bad after using the DS4.

What I want to ask is should I get the Kontrolfreeks? I am guessing they will have the best quality covers for the sticks. They have the Kontrolfreeks Ultra which add hieght too, and Kontrolfreeks CQC, which are just covers. Has anyone used it ? Are they fine or are they a hindrance instead?

There's a friend of mine in Dubai and he keeps convincing me to get Kfreeks , he seems to love them on his DS4.

I wonder if the 1.61 update is related to the dumped firmware with unencrypted parts?

Also, had my first crash in a game, tomb Raider did a quit to "desktop" with a error :)

I wonder if the 1.61 update is related to the dumped firmware with unencrypted parts? Also, had my first crash in a game, tomb Raider did a quit to "desktop" with a error :)

I've had Assassin Creed and Lego Marvel Super Heroes crash but on older versions of the game. I've been impressed with the robustness of the launch titles on the whole.

I just noticed that the 'suspend game' feature appears to be working. I was playing Warframe and dropped out to the home screen to start watching a Blu-Ray and Warframe was suspended allowing me to jump straight back in!

I just noticed that the 'suspend game' feature appears to be working. I was playing Warframe and dropped out to the home screen to start watching a Blu-Ray and Warframe was suspended allowing me to jump straight back in!

That's always worked. It's suspend and resume after the ps4 has been put into standby mode that has yet to be implemented.

Well there you go! I never noticed it before. :rolleyes:

He he ! I too was floored when it happened for the first time to me. Guess what, it keeps ur game running even if u switch users. I went out of KZ, logged out, logged in as a different user, went to the ps Store, started a download, logged out, logged back in to my main account , pressed X on KZ to lpay it and there it was : right where I had left it :D ! I was in awe, considering MS makes it a point to advertise this so much n it is supposed to be Xbone's killer feature while PS just has it in there.

I think its superflous , though, and rhese resources should be freed up to get more in actual games.

BTW, has the latest software update screwed up anyone else's downloads? Cos it has completely screwed up mine. Every download stops adter a few mins or an hour ! Everytime I come back expecting all downloads to be finished n installed like before, i find them all suspended with errors :mad: ! I switched different DNSs to see if ti makes a difference , but nothing :( ! I am really pissed as this means I cannot try out the FFXIV beta at all !!!

BTW, has the latest software update screwed up anyone else's downloads? Cos it has completely screwed up mine. Every download stops adter a few mins or an hour ! Everytime I come back expecting all downloads to be finished n installed like before, i find them all suspended with errors :mad: ! I switched different DNSs to see if ti makes a difference , but nothing :( ! I am really pissed as this means I cannot try out the FFXIV beta at all !!!

So far so good after 1.6 and 1.61.

I need to test and see if previewing Share screenshots will consistently do a soft crash to desktop anymore.

BTW, has the latest software update screwed up anyone else's downloads?

Not that I have noticed though the account handling seems to be getting worse. It is easy to end up with multiple accounts logged in with the active profile showing as one user but the running applications belonging to another and no clear path to fix that situation. This apparently can lead to problems with storing game saves in the cloud because the system gets confused over who owns what. It also exascerbates stability issues with the system level apps.

Last night after playing a multiplayer game session followed by some Playroom stream gawking, attempting to put the PS4 into standby mode caused it to lockup trying to shut down (presumably waiting for a process to quit that refused to). Had to force a shutdown after about 10 minutes of waiting.

Cheers

I am still stuck with the network errors. Can't download a damn thing, not even the Strider demo which is just 3 gb. I get the error code NW-31205-1 within minutes. :mad:
What can I try? Is there any solution out there? I did a quick google from my phone and no one seemed to have a solution :(.

My network is fine, I just downloaded 12 gb of Dragon's Dogma and 5 gbs of Dark SOuls 2 on my ps3.

EDIT: http://psdevwiki.com/ps4/NW
The wiki just gives the description as network unreachable. But i am able to play online etc. :???:

I am still stuck with the network errors. Can't download a damn thing, not even the Strider demo which is just 3 gb. I get the error code NW-31205-1 within minutes. :mad:
What can I try? Is there any solution out there? I did a quick google from my phone and no one seemed to have a solution :(.

My network is fine, I just downloaded 12 gb of Dragon's Dogma and 5 gbs of Dark SOuls 2 on my ps3.

EDIT: http://psdevwiki.com/ps4/NW
The wiki just gives the description as network unreachable. But i am able to play online etc. :???:

Perhaps you are having DNS issues? Do you know what the settings are on your router? You could try changing those to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 - 208.67.220.220) or Google (8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4) and see what happens?

Perhaps you are having DNS issues? Do you know what the settings are on your router? You could try changing those to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 - 208.67.220.220) or Google (8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4) and see what happens?

I had google Dns earlier but was getting a few kbps on my ps4 when I brought it home. i mentioned it here. Then switched to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 (level3 DNS) and my speed came back to normal. But now I just keep getting that error code. Couldn't download FFXIV beta, then Blacklight update and now Strider too .
I tried going back to google DNS , but nothing. Same error.

This is happening after the latest system update. Will try the open DNS too.

I had google Dns earlier but was getting a few kbps on my ps4 when I brought it home. i mentioned it here. Then switched to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 (level3 DNS) and my speed came back to normal. But now I just keep getting that error code. Couldn't download FFXIV beta, then Blacklight update and now Strider too .
I tried going back to google DNS , but nothing. Same error.

This is happening after the latest system update. Will try the open DNS too.

I would suggest trying your ISP's DNS servers.

I would suggest trying your ISP's DNS servers.
I'll second this. The IP addresses provided by DNS servers can (and do) vary depending on your location and/or the location of the DNS servers - often the latter.

If I resolve www.google.com from London, I'll get a different IP address from a local DNS server than I would from a US DNS server because the DNS tables are localised not only by region but also change depending my load and fault tolerances. And I have no doubt that Sony do the exact same localisation for their servers. If you are deliberately using a non-local DNS server then it could be routing you to something local (relatively in global terms) to it, but not you.

I'd be interested to see a traceroute report from your IP to Sony's servers. It may be quite telling!

Back