Xbox One (XBO) Day One Buyers: Are You an Xbox Live! (Live) Subscriber?

Are you a day 1 XBO buyer and a Live subscriber?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gradthrawn

Veteran
Xbox One (XBO) Day One Buyers: Are You an Xbox Live! Gold (Live) Subscriber?

A poll of pure curiosity. Its sister poll about the PS4 and PS+ is here. I'm curious to know how many people on B3D that plan on buying a XBO on day 1 are also Xbox Live Gold subscribers and how many are not. The focus of the poll is day 1 buyers, as such the options are not exhaustive and do not include choices for those that plan on waiting. Just those who fully intend to buy on day 1.

Fully Intend to Buy on Day 1:
If you fully intend to buy one on day 1 but are not sure you'll be able to find one at that point, please consider yourself a part of the "fully intend to buy one" group. If you're not sure if you'll buy day 1, even if you're considering it, please consider yourself a part of the "do not intend to buy" group.

Active Subscriber:
The "active Live subscriber" criteria should be viewed as a someone who, at the time of taking the poll, is an active Xbox Live! Gold subscriber and not someone who simply intends to subscribe at a later date or is a Silver member.

Feel free to qualify your choice in a reply to this post or to just simply vote. Please refrain from any banter or underhanded comments about competing systems and services, including subtle ones. Thank you for your participation.

PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Plus Poll

EDIT

It just occurred to me that I failed to make a distinction between Live! Silver and Live! Gold. The intent of this poll is focused squarely on Live Gold members as far as being an active subscriber. I apologize for the blunder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do people get this stuff from? Why wouldn't there be silver accounts anymore?
The Xbox Live Account system stays the same with Xbox one. You're a silver member now, you will be one on X1. You're a gold member you'll be one on X1 too.

Where do people get this stuff from? Why wouldn't there be silver accounts anymore?
The Xbox Live Account system stays the same with Xbox one. You're a silver member now, you will be one on X1. You're a gold member you'll be one on X1 too.

Gotta link to the XB1 silver account membership?

Is this poll only for people who are interested in getting a xbone at all?

Is this poll only for people who are interested in getting a xbone at all?

Hmmm, pretty much. I suppose if you're not interested at all option 4, "I do not intend to buy an XBO on day 1 and I am not an active Live subscriber", would be the closet choice. I'm not terribly interested in the number of people who are not all interested. I'm far more interested in those that will in all likelihood buy one on Day 1 (whenever Day 1 is for their region) and if they're a Live Gold subscriber or not.

Gotta link to the XB1 silver account membership?
Basically follow this official link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live#features
That there is a distinction being made between "gold" and "no gold" implies that there will be some kind of silver membership for X1. There is no mention of a silver membership there, but where have you heard otherwise? If there would only be Gold on X1 the internet would've been all over it. It just seems ludicrous to expect that they would drop the silver membership...

I completely blundered and did not distinguish between Live Gold and Silver in the poll. For clarification, the poll's focus is on Gold Subscribers in regards to being active or not. A Silver Member would be in the non-active group as far as the poll is concerned. I get the impression most of you understood my intent, however. My apologies for the screw up.

I have a gold sub, it was a £25 12-month code that got me a bunch of free games. I don't play online much though. XBone is preordered.

I'll be looking for another cheap XBL Gold card when this runs out.

Sure, why not?

Trolling forums as much as I do I run across gold for $35 or whatnot deals from time to time, and jumped on one of those a couple months ago. So that'll obviously be active through X1 launch.

Sure, why not?

Trolling forums as much as I do I run across gold for $35 or whatnot deals from time to time, and jumped on one of those a couple months ago. So that'll obviously be active through X1 launch.

I still have my $30 codes active until late 2015.

i'm a live subscriber and wont be buying a one at launch

I was kinda thinking you might change your mind.... Did the GF actually cancel or do you still have it pre-ordered? Personally I think XB1 has better launch line up but I am struggling with the idea of paying for 2 subscriptions - I've owned all 3 consoles the last 2 generations and I am inclined to think I will probably end up with all 3 again. DR3 really looks like a good game, hope I don't regret my decision...

I am an active Live Gold subscriber (have been since the Beta days) and do not intend to buy an X1 at launch. It is probably the first time at a launch of a new gen that I won't be there on day one. Too many priorities between now and Sep 2014 which is when I'm anticipating upgrading.

I also don't intend to pick a PS4 on day one. When I do jump into next gen, it will probably be X1 and then PS4 for me.

I was kinda thinking you might change your mind.... Did the GF actually cancel or do you still have it pre-ordered? Personally I think XB1 has better launch line up but I am struggling with the idea of paying for 2 subscriptions - I've owned all 3 consoles the last 2 generations and I am inclined to think I will probably end up with all 3 again. DR3 really looks like a good game, hope I don't regret my decision...

I moved everything off and put it towards an engagement ring .

I might still end up with one , if someone buys it for me. But I think i'm just going to beef up my pc

I moved everything off and put it towards an engagement ring .

I might still end up with one , if someone buys it for me. But I think i'm just going to beef up my pc

Congrats! Marriage and the ring are far better investments in the long run, only beware of the red face of anger; its far more serious and sinister than any RROD or YLOD and can prove to be more costly. The Steambox is something to look at over the next year or so, I really like some of what they are talking about.

Based on your experience with the XB1 what are your thoughts about the new UI? Do you like being able to use gestures and voice commands to change channels and volume? How do you see Kinect impacting first party IP over the next 18 months?

Thank you , I plan on proposing in may for her birthday so dropping a grand on video games was a stupid idea.

Steambox is a non starter for me , I have a lot invested in my pc and I can already play on my 42 inch tv (hopefully 50 inch tv during black Friday) and my 3 monitor eyefinity set. The controller might make its way to my pc if it works fine in normal steam.

The xb1 ui is really nice but of course I like windows 8 too lol. Its fast and fluid and to casuals they will love it. My gf finds it easier to use than the xbox 360's new dash or really any dash on the 360.

Kinect is interesting , I think there are a few cute features in the early games like the dead rising stuff but Ms seems to be holding a lot of Kinect stuff for holiday 2014. I think they want to get their footing with the core gamers before the titles start flowing.

I would expect a price drop and big Kinect push in the fall of next year.

I'm going to try and win a xbox one through the doritos give away , so if anyone has un needed codes ill gladly take them ! :)

Back