Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

Design by committee never really works, especially in artistic stuff. Most of these mods just mess up the original look, which wasn't that good indeed, but at least it was consistent.

But this has become too much of an argument about one's taste or the lack of it, so it's better to just stop here.

No company will be able to create assets that can compare to the millions of hours spent by the tens of thousands of contributors of Skyrim. Not so soon at least.
Regardless of one's tastes about videos from a single user.

I disagree completely. While a single skilled artist won't be able to create the sheer breadth of content a large community can churn out, that single piece he'll eventually come up with is still gonna crap all over the tens of thousands of items a bunch of, judging by the female player skins, horny teenagers threw together in their basements.

My Skyrim is heavily modded too, by the way. Still, none of the mods have adressed my biggest issues with Skyrim's visuals yet: The animations are still laughably poor (Shadow of the Colossus figured out the necessary inverse kinematics for having a horse run up or downhill in a convincing matter a decade ago), the lod system remains awful, heavy armors still deform like rubber unitards, not like the individual pieces they're supposed to be made of, and the world is still incredibly static and lifeless. The game makes for some great looking screen shots (screenshots at the Playboy mansion even), but in motion it just looks poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Design by committee never really works, especially in artistic stuff. Most of these mods just mess up the original look, which wasn't that good indeed, but at least it was consistent.

Yeah, plus personally I like to play games as the original developers intended so I never install such mods. I realize in some cases modders have perhaps improved the visuals in some respects, but to me playing these games is also about playing them as artistically intended by the creators and not someone else's vision of it. That's just me though...hence why I finished games like Skyrim all stock.

anyone still interested in this ? I think this might be my rpg for the winter

Definitely interested but I need to look closer at the gameplay mechanics. Generally I'm not a huge fan of turn based combat although XCOM has definitely kept me entertained.

anyone still interested in this ?

I think this might be my rpg for the winter
When it comes out maybe it will be time to sign up for EA Access.

I am looking really forward to this. Looks great and seems to be the right game to spend cold winter days with :)
That's actually nice, as I hate the summer. This summer was bearable though, very cool and rainy but the summer can get sometimes too hot between late July and early August, and I hate extremes.

When it comes out maybe it will be time to sign up for EA Access. That's actually nice, as I hate the summer. This summer was bearable though, very cool and rainy but the summer can get sometimes too hot between late July and early August, and I hate extremes.

Yeah, I don't like it when the weather is too hot!
So we have both something to look forward to, the next couple of weeks and month :)

Definitely interested but I need to look closer at the gameplay mechanics. Generally I'm not a huge fan of turn based combat although XCOM has definitely kept me entertained.
Dragon Age games aren't turn based though you can pause the combat to give orders to your party. I assume pausing will be left out of co-op mode.

Dragon Age games aren't turn based though you can pause the combat to give orders to your party. I assume pausing will be left out of co-op mode.

Ah, I see! Ok, I will pay more attention to this then.

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/b/573285688

They did a stream on twitch earlier and I caught a bit of it. Visually I was really impressed. The environments look 8th gen all the way and the character models they showed looked really good, much better than the usual Bioware weirdo faces. Gameplay looked really fun too. I was kind of on the fence about this one but after watching the gameplay in the dungeon I am 100% going to pick this up.

Dragon Age ‏@dragonage
22 seconds ago

Confirmed: #DAI resolution is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on Xbox One. We maximized the current potential of each platform.

Sounds like a shot at UBISOFT... j/k :p

Sounds like a shot at UBISOFT... j/k :p

Lol I'm sure it's not. They just wanted to cover their bases and stop further discussion on the subject. The website that tossed out that rumor got sent around multiple times until it took off on biowares own forums.

Or they want more 'parity money' from MS :D

Some of the gifs/memes are quite funny over at GAF dealing with that. :LOL:

However, I'm more inclined to believe that certain developers want parity for sales reasons (especially AAA titles)… not so much hardware reasons.

I have no interest whatsoever with this game but seeing the righteousness of their business practice I will happily Day One a copy:), besides I could use a fantasy game in 1080p for variety sake.

Back