Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

This may be old, but here is the FAQ for the current gen to next gen upgrade offer for BF4. I thought these 2 particular tidbits might be interesting for those weighing whether to buy the current gen version as a physical or digital copy:

Q: If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?

A: You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4.

Q: If I already pre-ordered BF4 digitally on the PlayStation store how do I upgrade it to next-gen?

A:If you pre-ordered BF4 on the Playstation Store you’re already qualified for the offer on PS4 for PS3 then simply complete your purchase, and you will be automatically qualified for the offer on PS4. Simply log in to your account on the PS4 and you’ll be able to take advantage of the offer.

Requiring the PS3 disc in the drive for the PS4 digital version is strange (but done for obvious 2nd hand sales deterring reasons). I also wasn't sure if digital versions qualify, but it looks like they do.

Just saw this. Kind of disappointed but launch games woes.

iwcKRwu.png

This may be old, but here is the FAQ for the current gen to next gen upgrade offer for BF4. I thought these 2 particular tidbits might be interesting for those weighing whether to buy the current gen version as a physical or digital copy:

Requiring the PS3 disc in the drive for the PS4 digital version is strange (but done for obvious 2nd hand sales deterring reasons). I also wasn't sure if digital versions qualify, but it looks like they do.

It all seems too.................................................easy. Why aren't all PS3 games coming out doing the same?

Wow another one. Whats going on?
Btw I would also like to add that in case nobody mentioned it the twitter post is old? :LOL:

Take it however you want, but repi linking to the updated tweet when asked if it will run at 720p seems to suggest that it will be >720p. Doesn't even rule out 1080p.

If he didn't mention aiming for 1080p then it's pretty certain it wont be. I'd say 1280x1080 or 1600 x 900 most likely.

Knowing that some 3rd party multiplatform developers will choose parity, rather than exploit the individual systems strengths... I would think BF4 would be closely matched on both systems.

If he didn't mention aiming for 1080p then it's pretty certain it wont be. I'd say 1280x1080 or 1600 x 900 most likely.

Which is ok imo.

I just prefer to focus on the big upgrade over current gen resolution, not the shortfall versus 1080P. Some sub 720 games this gen were pushing around ~600k-700k pixels, and now we'll be getting ~1.5m?

Of course 1080P would be better though.

Back