News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even though I dont like motion control games much I am not sure if this is a good move :|
I fear many possibilities will not see the light of day because the camera wont be fully potentialised whereas MS has the thing packed in with every console and making it a primary feature.
There will be a time when nice features will find their way on the XBone but the PS4 wont be able to compete because of a fragmented userbase. And that would be bad in the long term for Sony

It was just a to low hanging fruit for Sony, and they even sweeten the deal with "free games" hard to call them free when you pay for PS+

For me right now, not an issue, but for those that doesn't play alot it just means that Online gaming is dead. Currently i only play GT5 online, and i would be super annoyed if the seasonal updates required PS+.

IMO, free online was Sony's biggest advantage over Microsoft. That PS4 won't have free online is a deal-breaker for me

Region free too!

UbISAIy.png

IMO, free online was Sony's biggest advantage over Microsoft. That PS4 won't have free online is a deal-breaker for me

I find that perfectly understandable, i think it will be a deal break for many people. If Netflix and other services would have been behind the paywall i think even more would have been gone. I know a few that never play online with their PS3 and sure as hell wouldn't pay for it. But still use Netflix..

rechargeable controllers
Surely xbone controllers also recharge if you plug 'em in with a USB cord...? After all, 360 controllers do, since 8 years ago, I really can't believe anything else since having to fiddle with separate batteries and rechargers simply is too much of a bother (looking at you here, wiimote!)

NO power brick
I'm actually not 100% convinced that's the case. The 2-pin power plug on the rear looks oversized compared to similar plugs on other hardware such as PS3 Slim and hifi gear for example. Of course, it could be a custom mains voltage 2-pin plug, but I prefer concrete confirmation there's actually a PSU in there.

Scott Rohde (VP of WWS) on used games and pricing:

Rohde says that Sony had set this price in stone well before the event, and had nothing to do with the Xbox One pricing. "When [the Xbox One pricing] was verified this morning, we've just been walking around with smiles all day," he said.

And Rohde also says that Sony's used games policy was not a reaction to the Xbox One's restrictions. "That was always our plan," he noted. "It's something that we believe in. We know gamers come first; we know what they want."

He continued, "I was personally overwhelmed with the massive explosion on Twitter, with everyone essentially begging, 'Please don't do this Sony, please don't do this PlayStation!' It was so hard not to say, right away, 'Well, we never were going to do that, but now let's have a little fun and announce it in a fun way at the PlayStation press conference.'"

However, this appears to conflict with the thoughts of Adam Boyes, who heads up its publisher and developer relations teams. Boyes tweeted thanks to the individual who organized the #PS4NoDRM campaign, and when asked whether there was ever talk in the Sony camp about utilizing DRM, he answered, "There was a ton of conversation absolutely."

both can be true.

1st, sony have a ton of DRM conversation. Then they decided that they wont block used games before E3 2013.

Short Andrew House interview with BBC. He seems much more bullish on The PS "ecosystem" becoming "much healthier, much sooner" than with the PS3. I get the impression the hardware itself is still a loss leader, however.

Well that would be extremely obvious, considering how easy it is to port to from PC (if you can even call it porting), how much more of a known factor the hardware in comparison to say Cell,and how much more mature devtools seem to be this time. I think 140 titles should be available in the first year? I get the impression that there are more F2P MMOs available at launch for PS4 than the total of launch titles for PS3 combined.

both can be true.

1st, sony have a ton of DRM conversation. Then they decided that they wont block used games before E3 2013.

Sony has pretty advanced and varied DRM stuff in place already (which few people discussing this even seem to be aware of apparently), and has been experimenting with all sorts of stuff, so yeah, that seems to most likely. I look forward to hearing what they have to say about HDD installs and needing the disc in the drive for that.

Power brick not packed in. $60 Confirmed.

Since it's not bundled in the base SKU, I question the future of power brick. DOA?
Lol! You win. :LOL: Thou hath convinceth me. By the way, I'm happy, I hate external power bricks. They're the scourge of the earth I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back