Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

some guy say and show a photo where his xbox one download destiny due to the pre-load leak. its stuck at 8% but he say the download size about 20 GB.

nice to see not all games take 50GB :D

I can trade Titanfall (which I dont really play and got free) in for at least $20 at Best Buy. Which could then go towards this game BUT

I kinda want it on digital. For this type of game, having it ready to go without any disc, or with another games disc in the tray etc since i think I will come back to this a lot, would be really nice. But that will mean automatic 100% full price...

No winning decision :cry:

Come to think of it, I guess this is why people were happy when Amazon started selling digital game codes...could solve this type of problem if I had Amazon credit.

Doh! You're right. Best Buy has the dollar cards anyway. Dont know why that never crossed my mind. I guess it's still a choice I'll have to think about as disc does have advantages.

Got 31.50 for Titanfall, nice! $21 plus this week they're running a 50% extra trade in promotion.

yikes, rangers. you have raised a concern for me using physical disc...
i was thinking i will be able to play it on/off with other games easily from everywhere using remote play.

agh.. i dont know why i was thingking the disc will work like pc game.
brain, you failed me.

Hmm . . . I should trade in BF4. Haven't played that POS in quite a while.

Same here but all my games are digital at the moment, so can't really sell anything. I did have a good time with BF4 but its just occupying space on my hdd now. I think Watch Dogs si what will get deleted soon. It was fun for just a little time. My HDD is down to only 100 gb free already and next gen has just started !

@rangers you sold titanfall second hand for 31.5 dollar? thats a very good deal.

its like the same price as when i buy titanfall

Yeah, that's a great price for second-hand sales. That's about the price I picked TF up for digital download on XB1.

I wonder what prices Destiny will see on second-hand trade-ins for physical media.

The mood on GAF towards Destiny in some threads seems to have turned negative. I have to admit the criticisms do ring true to me to some extent.

"It's just a linear FPS, the actual missions are just going down tunnels with walls on each side"

"There's no proximity chat or way to communicate. Playing with other players in the world has no meaning, except fireteams meaning only two others"

"It was sold as some genre changing epic open ended experience, and instead this is what we got"

"There's no overworld or sense of exploration"

All that said, if I can rebut, I'd say:

Yes it's basically just a linear shooter, and I do worry it'll get old, BUT I think a deep, pretty linear shooter with loot and stat leveling systems...is that so bad?

2nd, although you cant talk with other people in the world, they're still there and most importantly they're not AI, which means a lot, even if you cant communicate with them.

The mood on GAF towards Destiny in some threads seems to have turned negative. I have to admit the criticisms do ring true to me to some extent.

"It's just a linear FPS, the actual missions are just going down tunnels with walls on each side"

"There's no proximity chat or way to communicate. Playing with other players in the world has no meaning, except fireteams meaning only two others"

"It was sold as some genre changing epic open ended experience, and instead this is what we got"

"There's no overworld or sense of exploration"

All that said, if I can rebut, I'd say:

Yes it's basically just a linear shooter, and I do worry it'll get old, BUT I think a deep, pretty linear shooter with loot and stat leveling systems...is that so bad?

2nd, although you cant talk with other people in the world, they're still there and most importantly they're not AI, which means a lot, even if you cant communicate with them.

After the tunnel stuff, there was free roaming pick up missions on a map stuff.

And you can easily pickup groups and voice chat with them I know I did.

I hope there is more than what the beta showed us, a 12 hour fps game would be disappointing..

Back