Uncharted 3

That's mostly overkill; an expensive effect with little practical value, and the aesthetic can be achieved with far cheaper 2D methods. This is the right compromise IMO. Only where you have a full volumetric lighting engine, like LBP, does invluding volumetric light-rays make sense.
I understand...was just joking :p

I like look of the Chateau map though I think the SP version has brighter lighting in comparison. The airfield map is too boxy for my liking it's as if nothing stands out from the design. I'm more interested in the village locale since the buildings look more unique.

Not sure what to think of those slots and medal kickbacks 80% sounds so gamebreaking. like the one where you spawn with the power weapon that just killed you. Kinda fucks up the purpose of power weapons where you have to fight for.

Good thing i play these games for the singleplayer.

I like look of the Chateau map though I think the SP version has brighter lighting in comparison. The airfield map is too boxy for my liking it's as if nothing stands out from the design. I'm more interested in the village locale since the buildings look more unique.

Yap, the Chateau map is beautiful. The Airfield looks more open albeit less interesting.

Compared to KillZone 2 and 3 maps, they are more boxy perhaps because we can platform in Uncharted MP ! ^_^

EDIT:
Not sure what to think of those slots and medal kickbacks 80% sounds so gamebreaking. like the one where you spawn with the power weapon that just killed you. Kinda fucks up the purpose of power weapons where you have to fight for.

Good thing i play these games for the singleplayer.

Ah, you missed out on U2 MP goodness then. I play mostly co-op. The competitive mode is pretty good too, but I prefer FPS there.

Yap, the Chateau map is beautiful. The Airfield looks more open albeit less interesting.

Compared to KillZone 2 and 3 maps, they are more boxy perhaps because we can platform in Uncharted MP ! ^_^
Now that makes sense actually, I always thought kz mp maps are far more impressive looking.

Ah, you missed out on U2 MP goodness then. I play mostly co-op. The competitive mode is pretty good too, but I prefer FPS there.

Nope was a beta tester.
But from what i heard on gaf and other forums naughty dog screwed up the online.
So i didn't even tried competitive multiplayer consider i only bought the game a year after release as a personal christmass present:LOL:. That tibetan village still is burned into my eyes finally a nice and steady moment to actually enjoy the texture work.

Now that makes sense actually, I always thought kz mp maps are far more impressive looking.

I will pass out if NaughtyDog makes KZ maps that can be platformed. My heart can only take so much.

Nope was a beta tester.
But from what i heard on gaf and other forums naughty dog screwed up the online.
So i didn't even tried competitive multiplayer consider i only bought the game a year after release as a personal christmass present:LOL:. That tibetan village still is burned into my eyes finally a nice and steady moment to actually enjoy the texture work.

Did you try the co-op ?

I think GAF folks complain that NaughtyDog tweaked the MP too much beyond certain version. When I played it, it's fine ! Some of them b*tched about KillZone 3 too (They prefer KZ2). I :love: KZ3 MP more than KZ2 myself. Managed 45-29 today (Yay !)

Looks good, but it looks as if every surface uses the same basic shader.

When the city is made entirely of stones, there's really not much reason to use a different one on each surface. Actually U2 had some very nice shaders (skin, cloth and especially the hair) so I see no reason why U3 will be any different.

Looks good, but it looks as if every surface uses the same basic shader.
It's rather matte, but then the art style is 'graphic novel' anyway, so that's to be expected!

I think GAF folks complain that NaughtyDog tweaked the MP too much beyond certain version. When I played it, it's fine ! Some of them b*tched about KillZone 3 too (They prefer KZ2). I :love: KZ3 MP more than KZ2 myself. Managed 45-29 today (Yay !)
Horses for courses. I found U2 competitive perhaps the best online competitive MP of any game in terms of enjoyability. I found KZ2 a hideous mess once you got past the rookie phase. So anyone liking KZ2's multiplayer and disliking U2's is in need of a lobotomy IMHO. :p

As long as ND keep to U2's formula and don't deviate to try and emulate what everyone else is doing, eliminating choice for us gamers, it should be okay. More often than not it comes down to balance I think, and most online games probably get the balance wrong. Even those who get it right seem to get it wrong after tweaks.

Horses for courses. I found U2 competitive perhaps the best online competitive MP of any game in terms of enjoyability. I found KZ2 a hideous mess once you got past the rookie phase. So anyone liking KZ2's multiplayer and disliking U2's is in need of a lobotomy IMHO. :p

Ah, some say it's because of the custom game options. They created custom config to reduce/minimize the chaos (e.g., no rocket launcher, boost).

IMHO, the default config of KZ3 is more fun. For folks who want custom game, phase II of their custom game patch is not out yet until patch 1.10.

As long as ND keep to U2's formula and don't deviate to try and emulate what everyone else is doing, eliminating choice for us gamers, it should be okay. More often than not it comes down to balance I think, and most online games probably get the balance wrong. Even those who get it right seem to get it wrong after tweaks.

Yes... I hope they keep improving the co-op. Love the one in U2.

When the city is made entirely of stones, there's really not much reason to use a different one on each surface.
Yeah I meant the chateau map. The stone map looks fine.

Actually U2 had some very nice shaders (skin, cloth and especially the hair) so I see no reason why U3 will be any different.
Since they're doing "brute force"-3D it's obvious the renderer is going to take a hit.

Lot more in MP this time. Lots of collecting stuff, facebook integration and partying up with FB friends n all ! Chk out the video.
Although, I am wary of all the "cinematic" stuff they are trying to put in to MP.

Lot more in MP this time. Lots of collecting stuff, facebook integration and partying up with FB friends n all ! Chk out the video.
Although, I am wary of all the "cinematic" stuff they are trying to put in to MP.

Killzone 3 Operations mode uses cutscenes to pull short, intense gameplay segments together. The combat is so "explosive" that the cutscenes become a good break. They only kick in after a sub-objective has been met. So the players don't feel interrupted.

The airplane event is probably similar to the tank event in U2 and the nuclear explosion in KZ2.

I think I also saw some co-op cutscenes in the trailer.

Back