Uncharted 3

No !

Her:
chloe_frazer02.png
Claudia-Black-Aeryn-Sun.jpg

Official press release is out, it's going to be available in stereoscopic 3D.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is pleased to unveil the latest instalment in the multimillion-selling action adventure franchise, UNCHARTED. Developed exclusively for PlayStation(R)3 [PS3TM] by the team at Naughty Electronic Theatre ImageDog Inc., UNCHARTED 3: Drake's DeceptionTM blurs the entertainment boundaries, delivering the cinematic scale, adrenalin rushes, thrills and mystery that are the UNCHARTED trademark; together with its unique and enhanced multiplayer experience.

Fans of the franchise and newcomers alike will relish the opportunity to catapult themselves headlong into a real adventure, in a search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands." The journey propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.

Key Features:

Bigger set pieces and more explosive adventure, driven by Naughty Dog's signature storytelling and cinematic presentation. Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively expanded feature sets. The UNCHARTED universe provides online players with a unique Action Adventure multiplayer experience, bringing the cinematic elements of the single-player campaign into multiplayer. Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse traversal moves with deep gunplay. Naughty Dog introduces new physics, visuals, and environmental effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke, and water dynamics and effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D.

With its award-winning storytelling, blockbuster cinematic action sequences, immersive high resolution 3D and stunning environmental detail and effects, UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception is the chance to lose yourself in the world of Nathan Drake - and to experience the true power of PlayStation 3.

I don't know why, but that picture looks photoshopped to me, as if Drake was just pasted on top of everything else. Maybe due to the lighting.

The background is full of painted elements and even Drake is touched up - just look at the ring near his neck, there's no way an ingame asset would have no visible poly edges.

It's been Indiana Jones material so far ! I'd expect supernatural elements, but not as far-fetched as Simbad's adventures.

Obviously neither are screenshots or representative of how the game will look...

The biggest improvement they can make is with the gunplay. Do away with the bullet sponge enemies. By that I mean have the regular baddies take less hit to go down (seriously if you're shot in the chest by a rifle...), and totally remove the ones who take like 3 clips to go down (or make them very very rare). That is just stupid and makes it feel like you're shooting a really loud fully automatic pellet gun, adding more frustration than fun.

I am psyched about Uncharted 3!

You forgot stealth play. It's very limited in U1 (only succeeded once). They have one dedicated stealth level in U2 (The Turkish palace ?). Hope to see more general stealth play in U3.

Visually, I think stereoscopic 3D would be interesting. I'm seriously thinking about a small Plasma 3D TV now, as opposed to a LCD 3D monitor.

Well, this is my new GT5 of next year! It seems next year will see the PS3 pushing more boundaries. Very exciting line up throughout the year.

In the first image you can see the dust blowing over the dunes on the far left being obvious brush strokes.

And how exactly can you tell they are brush strokes my eagle eye'd compadre?

This isn't want of those...

500pxShopped.jpg

Nathan of Arabia?

Just don't have some hokey supernatural villains again.

I actually hope they have them, I don't want it being just another bland and stupid military shooter. This game has it's identity because of it's distinct Indiana Jones feel, delving into the super natural and unexplained. It takes history, combines it with the popular mythology surrounding that history, and then executes it blissfully. Personally, I'd be upset if they were to follow some really awesome historical mystery, and then completely avoid any of the popular lore that surrounds it.

It's be like Indiana Jones finding the Ark, and then it just being an empty box.

Well, the game is not due until a year later. The graphics is not done yet. Touching up an image for promo purposes independent of the actual development is expected. e.g., They may need to cover up artifacts/bugs and missing effects.

It's be like Indiana Jones finding the Ark, and then it just being an empty box.

Say what ?! I was going to start an Ark expedition this fall. :p

U2 is one of my favourite games of all times, but I hope this one has a little less (+) sexism and a little more mature story.

You forgot stealth play. It's very limited in U1 (only succeeded once). They have one dedicated stealth level in U2 (The Turkish palace ?). Hope to see more general stealth play in U3.

Stealth can be fun, but forced stealth can be very frustrating. I prefer situations where stealth is an option, but detection does not amount to instafail. There were already segments in UC2 like this and I enjoyed them much more than the Turkish Palace.

U2 is one of my favourite games of all times, but I hope this one has a little less (+) sexism and a little more mature story.

If we have more Sully, we will have more sexism :smile:

Back