NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

I'm assuming tweaktown didn't use the highest settings for Metro 2033.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-hd-7950-iceq-turbo-review/15

guru3d made the decision, early on, to always use maxed out settings for Metro 2033 in their reviews. It made earlier reviews of cards like the 5870 show performance that was dismal but it now seems like a far sighted decision, imo.

I'm guessing tweaktown didn't use depth of field, at least.

I'm comparing the numbers for the HD 7950 and 7970 in the respective reviews.

Hopefully guru3d will soon review a 660 Ti.

Last edited by a moderator:
But yeah, the 660 Ti or whatever at 300 will blow the doors off AMD this gen for good. It will probably make 670's already stellar sales look very bad. If they have enough supply they will sell insane amounts.

With still only one Fab at TSMC churning out 28nm-chips - how could they (or anyone else)?

Yeah, think of 560 Ti 448 edition. Just something to muddy the waters in the middle of a generation. AMD can always come up with "new" models or change prices too.

Yeah, think of 560 Ti 448 edition. Just something to muddy the waters in the middle of a generation. AMD can always come up with "new" models or change prices too.

AMD has too many products. When the GTX660's get released AMD's products will be even more muddled as any price reductions will result in many of their products being too close to each other in price.

AMD has too many products. When the GTX660's get released AMD's products will be even more muddled as any price reductions will result in many of their products being too close to each other in price.

What do you mean? They only have 3 chips in this generation, vs. the usual 4. They're also carrying a few SKUs from last generation, but that's not unusual.

Huh. Sure there are residual 6870's/6850's that look faster and perhaps even better value than the 7770 and 7850 for example, but that's always the case with old and new. I can assure you that the lower priced 560 Ti will look better value than the 660 Ti as well.

Just in time to run into AMDs next gen a couple of months later?

A couple of month being the exact timespan in IT to wait for just the next better thing, right? So, nothing wrong with that. And probably those couple of months will be making the difference for this years' holiday season in OEM space.

So finally only the 660TI is based on the 680 cores GK104 , 1344CC / 2gb memory bus vs 960CC and 1.5gb, and on GK106 .

Damn the gap between the TI and non TI version will be really big it seems. I hope not too much peoples will fall in the trap and buy a 660 without know the TI and non TI have nothing in common.

I hope not too much peoples will fall in the trap and buy a 660 without know the TI and non TI have nothing in common.
It could be worse, they could buy a (GTS) 650 without realising the difference between it and the (GTX) 650 and end up with a card only ~50% as fast.

At some (probably debatable) point, you simply need to take for granted a certain number of functioning brain cells. If a one letter difference is all it takes, then I could end up buying the 14 years old Quake II instead of Quake IV, right?

So finally only the 660TI is based on the 680 cores GK104 , 1344CC / 2gb memory bus vs 960CC and 1.5gb, and on GK106 .

Damn the gap between the TI and non TI version will be really big it seems. I hope not too much peoples will fall in the trap and buy a 660 without know the TI and non TI have nothing in common.

The gap between the two may be big, but it also depends on the clock speeds, which I believe are still unknown.

The gap between the two may be big, but it also depends on the clock speeds, which I believe are still unknown.

Ofc, but i really doubt if clock was enough, Nvidia will have use a gk104 for the TI ... ( like the 670 in retail oc is faster of the 680 hard to say ofc )

Good point. A fully functional GK106 clocks are likely to be higher than what the gtx660ti will run at. The gtx660ti is going to be as memory bandwidth starved as the gtx680, so 960 cuda cores running 100+mhz higher with the same memory bandwidth as 1344 might not be that huge of a difference in performance (probably about the same as a stock gtx670 and gtx660ti).

Back