Sony E3 2009 Keynote Thread

If you hold one stick directly behind the other, how will it know the relative difference?

That's where the ultrasonic thing comes in I supposed. A pure camera-based one may have more trouble with multi players.

Interesting -- ultrasonic?

How much will this cost?

Not more expensive than the competition if Sony is interested. These researches have been on-going for sometime now.

Not sure there's a point to continuing the discussion with someone who doesn't see potential in the device.

To be clear, I don't see potential in the device now. It's going to be another 18 months before we even see it in stores, possibly.

In my opinion, this is technology that would have been better served if MS had kept working on it silently and perfected it. I just don't think it has potential to be successful.

Not really, looking at the technology, they are actually the same thing implemented in a reverse way. I wouldn't say it's identical, but it is very similar and does offer more variety.

But one creates emotions by you getting involved on a personal plane interacting with artificial intelligence/gameplay, the other just free hand mobility.

250 US and Euro. :(

Well I guess I will wait for it to be $150 then. Basically removed the incentive for current PSP owners to move up to PSP GO by removing BC, unless there is a way for Sony to let us download what current PSP games we already bought for free.

Are you seeing the same device as I do? They're crazy if they release that product as it looks now.

Edit: So they showed one of MS' demos that was less impressive (painting a wall) and another of Nintendo's (Archery).

I guess this is why you shouldn't go last.

Did you watch the thing? They said that the design is a prototype and they will release it in 2010.

Anyways lets watch the game!!

TRICO deserves attention

edit: Oh my God the fur and the models in general have been improved dramatically

You don't have to, but what if you do...when I shoot an bow in real life one hand may be directly infront of the other.

It should be a solved problem if they use ultrasonic technology (instead of visual). Need to look at the entire setup to know how well the full system works.

WTF, no date for Project Guardian?

What's next? 'Here's Gran Turismo 5, so you don't forget what it looks like! That's right! Okay everybody, see you next year!'

ha ha ha!

From Eurogamer:
19:55:10 - They're soaring over stony ruins now. Isn't this the music from The Flying Doctors? Anyway, the boy in the towel and the monkeyrabbitweasel share some tender moments. Neverending Stooorrryyyyyyyyyyyyy, aa aaa aaa aaaaaaaaa aa aaaaaaaaaa.

I am looking forward to seeing the footage of this game. Shadow of the Colossus was cool.

But one creates emotions by you getting involved on a personal plane interacting with artificial intelligence/gameplay, the other just free hand mobility.

You mean one recognizes a smile from a frown and acts accordingly. It doesn't "create" anything. The entire "milo" presentation was all smoke and mirrors.

TRICO. Finally. Didn't think it would happen.

Did you watch the thing? They said that the design is a prototype and they will release it in 2010.
Did you read my comment...?

I realize they said it was a prototype. They emphasized it was an engineering sample and it would not look like that when it was released (hence it being "rough"). The 2010 release date was made well after my comment.

You mean one recognizes a smile from a frown and acts accordingly. It doesn't "create" anything. The entire "milo" presentation was all smoke and mirrors.

TRICO. Finally. Didn't think it would happen.

You dont get it, suppose in a game somebody is entangled and needs your help. You move and use your hand to help that person out as opposed to waving the stick and having a digital hand move on the screen. Huge difference. With Natal the character in need has proper eye contact with you. I'll leave it there.

Back