Beyond Good & Evil 2 Revealed (post #14)

wow, excellent lighting and shadows, textures are beautiful. but mainly on the piggy though. love the DOF there too. but i guess the barren environment helps a great deal to inject those details onto the character.

I wonder about the lack of excitement - this is one of the best looking graphics I've seen yet, even if we substract the obviously overpowered AA and AF. And even the animation is very good, it's rare to see such quality - there's a lot of work in this teaser.

I wonder about the lack of excitement - this is one of the best looking graphics I've seen yet, even if we substract the obviously overpowered AA and AF. And even the animation is very good, it's rare to see such quality - there's a lot of work in this teaser.
well, i think the bizzare setting and theme might have alienated itself from those players who would urinate from COD4 , gears or zones. but yes, the piggy render really reminds me of those still shots from 3dsociety.com

The graphics are very plush, and a great CGI challenger, but the context is completely lost. There's no idea of the game in there, and the graphics benefit from negligible background happenings - they can chuck everything at the characters and car. So outside of the graphics, which are 'cutscene graphics' and not 'what you play visuals', what is there to get excited about? A game about a pig snorting up flies? They haven't created an exciting presentation to excite gamers as to the game. They did however create an artistic presentation that impresses the artists! My guess is it's a trailer targeted at the prior BG&E fans, but having never played that game I've no idea really what the game is about. And this trailer didn't have me wanting to find out more...

The graphics are very plush, and a great CGI challenger, but the context is completely lost. There's no idea of the game in there, and the graphics benefit from negligible background happenings - they can chuck everything at the characters and car. So outside of the graphics, which are 'cutscene graphics' and not 'what you play visuals', what is there to get excited about? A game about a pig snorting up flies? They haven't created an exciting presentation to excite gamers as to the game. They did however create an artistic presentation that impresses the artists! My guess is it's a trailer targeted at the prior BG&E fans, but having never played that game I've no idea really what the game is about. And this trailer didn't have me wanting to find out more...
Having played the BG&E (and having loved it), I have no idea what this game could be about, either.

I take it as a teaser, the fact that there was written 1 - The Pig, clearly means there will be more videos like that, and they are placing the decor of the new game more than anything IMO.
It really sounds like "Your attention please" and they got mine.

All this did not stop people from getting pretty excited about Heavy Rain's graphics...

Heavy Rain had a big push at a large show the whole world was watching, which brought it to people's attention. And more than that, it had more going on than this trailer, in which hardly anything even moves! If HR had been a girl sat at a kitchen table hardly moving, counting, I imagine reaction would have been suitably subdued.

I take it as a teaser, the fact that there was written 1 - The Pig, clearly means there will be more videos like that, and they are placing the decor of the new game more than anything IMO.

I thought that that might be the intro / teaser to chapter 1.

That demonstration had no gameplay either, just character animation - which in my opinion was actually a lot worse, downright creepy.

You're probably right about the marketing push though, but I was wondering about people on this board. This is a technical forum and the BGE2 trailer's technology is clearly very advanced to push such high quality graphics.

Just slipped under the radar, I guess? I didn't look at it until, having perused the thread 'coz I tend to snoop at everything, I saw your comment and gave it the once over, Otherwise I'd never have given it a look, having no knowledge of the game, nor succumbing to any internet hype telling me this is a life-changing experience!

I enjoyed the first Beyond Good and Evil... I really didn't care for the pig guy. He looked out of place to me... but the thing that really kept me from calling it a triple A game was the ending. I got to the end and thought, WTF... that really doesn't follow from what has come before at all..

Before I was a photographer... now I`m a god. Hmm... I didn`t see that coming.

However, I look forward to the new game, and hope it is a tighter whole package (which baring the strange ending, the first game was).

This is a technical forum and the BGE2 trailer's technology is clearly very advanced to push such high quality graphics.

Only if you believe it's realtime.I don't for one (so much supersampling going on and subpixel detail and also some "feeling" about the global image).

I definitely loved this trailer. I am a huge fan of the first game and can not wait for the second one. The graphics are among the best that I have seen, although at this stage I am sceptical that this will be the kind of gameplay graphics. Although I have played he first game this trailer shows nothing of the kind of gameplay we can expect and it is clear that it is only an introduction to the characters and for that it is superb with a very nice touch of humour. Can't wait for the second trailer, 2. Jade?

Back