Firmware 2.41 available... *

Sounds like you want something like the Xbox Guide. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't know what Xbox Guide is :no:. I was more thinking of a personalized list that changes depending on what I use most. Each option in XMB is discrete and can be manipulated by the user. So tailoring a panel should be natural (kinda like how Google Search adds its custom search icons in XMB).

This update is a joke. Why aren't there update's for first party games to support trophy's and ingame music? Or even an announcement that those will be released shortly. They did know it was coming. Why make all these things if they're barely supported? They are just wasting their time if they don't make these things mandatory.

I think it comes down to cost and priority. The devs may be overwhelmed by the next game.

There is a list of 2.4-savvy games: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/first-games-to.html

* Super Stardust HD
* BUZZ! Quiz TV
* LittleBigPlanet
* MotorStorm Pacific Rift
* NBA 09
* PAIN
* PixelJunk Eden
* Resistance 2
* SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
* Warhawk
[* Burnout]
[* Uncharted]

EDIT: If I were them, I'd push for Home integration. In-game XMB kinda comes free once they have done Home integration (e.g., 3D trophy vs 2D trophy, more full featured communications, clan support, etc).

Something is wrong with this update. Everytime I post something it takes a while before the post actually becomes visible to me after I submit it. I have this problem on this forum and another forum.

I'm confused, does it zoom in when it 'upscales' or is this only for content that is not HD.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversion/index.php/t13692.html

BDMV = True Blu authoring. BDAV = HD video on a disc.

Also, I am not an expert in BDAV, but my understanding is the the maximum bit rate is 15mbs as opposed to 40mbs for BDMV. So while you might be able to do justice to 720p in BDAV, 1080p which really should have an MPEG-2 bitrate of at least 24mbs would be a stretch.

So it seems 720p -> 1080p upscaling is possible for BDAV movies.

It happened again just now. Other people's post seem to go missing too. Outside of the threads I can see mine was the last post, but inside its gone until I find it a few minutes later.

If Home support is optional, then Sony will become the laughing stock of the games industry.

If the API is easy enough, I don't see a problem for pervasive in-game XMB adoption. Some of it simplify the developers' job.

Home support requires more investment, and Sony will need to prepare the developers more. But if they are talking to the developers, it is probably (my guess) easier to focus on one push rather than 2 or more smaller ones.

I did a little testing. If I submit a post its is visible in the thread immediately after but gone if I leave it and it wont show up as the last post. I refresh the page and it does show up as the last post but isn't visible to me in the thread. Now I exit and restart the webbrowser and it does show up as the last post and finally its also visible to me in the thread. Anyone else have this problem?

No problem posting from my PS3 on 2.4

Title says it all

EDIT: You might want to clear your cache and retry. ^_^

The problem seems to be gone now. I also couldn't see Sony's homepage, something about connection errors. Maybe it was a problem with their servers.

Edit. No still not gone.

Edit2. Not even after deleting the usual stuff. The last thing I can think of who might be causing it is my internet provider Ziggo, who has been setting new records for amout of complains over here.

Edit3. test

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no voice chat? Sony must really hate online, something like that is fairly easy.

Exactly what kind of voice chat are you looking for? Because there are various forms of voice chat. There's in game voice chat for those that support it, like Resistance, Motorstorm, MGO, and others. Then, there is the "Start New Chat" under the friends list which lets you video and voice chat as well.

It happened again just now. Other people's post seem to go missing too. Outside of the threads I can see mine was the last post, but inside its gone until I find it a few minutes later.

The browser is probably caching the page. Never used PS3 web browser (it's a gaming console after all) but if there are any options, try playing around with them.

//ugh! please disregard, I didn't finish reading this thread before responding. T_T

The problem seems to be gone now. I also couldn't see Sony's homepage, something about connection errors. Maybe it was a problem with their servers.

Edit. No still not gone.

Edit2. Not even after deleting the usual stuff. The last thing I can think of who might be causing it is my internet provider Ziggo, who has been setting new records for amout of complains over here.

Yeah... it could be their proxy -- if clearing cache and cookie did not help.

I don't know what Xbox Guide is :no:. I was more thinking of a personalized list that changes depending on what I use most. Each option in XMB is discrete and can be manipulated by the user. So tailoring a panel should be natural (kinda like how Google Search adds its custom search icons in XMB).

You and others mentioned how you weren't clear on what features of the XMB were actually usable in-game. On the 360, when you press the Xbox Guide button(the sphere logo on the controller) it brings up the Xbox Guide and not the full Dashboard. Everything you're allowed to do during in-game is available on the Xbox Guide slide out that I linked. Now, if you want to access the rest of the dashboard features, then you can press the Y button after the Xbox Guide comes up to exit the game and open the full Dashboard. Think of the Xbox Guide as a mini-version of the Dashboard.

Tommy McClain

Woah ! That's dangerous. No wonder the GAF 2.4 thread is still rather active. They better react fast because it's 4th July soon. Many people would want to play with their PS3.

You and others mentioned how you weren't clear on what features of the XMB were actually usable in-game. On the 360, when you press the Xbox Guide button(the sphere logo on the controller) it brings up the Xbox Guide and not the full Dashboard. Everything you're allowed to do during in-game is available on the Xbox Guide slide out that I linked. Now, if you want to access the rest of the dashboard features, then you can press the Y button after the Xbox Guide comes up to exit the game and open the full Dashboard. Think of the Xbox Guide as a mini-version of the Dashboard.

It would be handy no doubt. Sony can offer the same by defaulting to a branch in XMB for quick access. That way, people can still jump directly to another app from a game (Might be important for Home). At the same time, they get the benefit for a shorter list to navigate. I am just hoping further that the short list can be personalized.

Back