[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

Just played through the demo!

-Cheesy Story: CHECK!
-Lead character is double time badass: CHECK!
-Over the top violence that is just beautiful to look and initiate: CHECK!!!
-Badassness to the max: Double CHECK!

Never has killing been so satisfactory. There just a sweet way you can feel it building up right before they get their final dismemberment. You have to play it to understand! It's the first level of the game. You can only pay on the easiest difficult.

Demo took me about 35mins of taking my time. You get 4 weapons.
Sword
Wolverine Claws
A giant sycthe looking thing. Really, its' HUGE!
A staff with ball and chain at the end. This was my favorite once I got it.

The action is very fast paced. The camera is fine as long as you condition yourself to use the right trigger and reset it as needed. The gameplay is really really smooth and sweet. I should sleep now...(3:42 am:() Can't wait for tuesday :D I'm not really into these sort of games (NG1/DMC/GoW/HS) but there's just something appealing about this. Maybe it's because you're a Ninja?

I am so jealous right now. Sounds like you can't download from a Japanese account anymore (I'm in U.S.) and I'm still 6 hours or so from being able to play anyway. :cry:

It's going to be a long wait till Tuesday.

I am so jealous right now. Sounds like you can't download from a Japanese account anymore (I'm in U.S.) and I'm still 6 hours or so from being able to play anyway. :cry:

It's going to be a long wait till Tuesday.

Keep in mind, you'll also need a gold account to download early. Did you try creating a new JPN account?

I've pre-ordered the game at amazon.ca and it's about $8 less ($51.99) and has free shipping. :D I'll have to wait a few days more, but if I'm lucky it'll arrive just in time for the weekend. :)

Keep in mind, you'll also need a gold account to download early. Did you try creating a new JPN account?

I've pre-ordered the game at amazon.ca and it's about $8 less ($51.99) and has free shipping. :D I'll have to wait a few days more, but if I'm lucky it'll arrive just in time for the weekend. :)

Sucks about the demo thing (WTF! YOU THINKING MS!!!) but oh man this is awesome. I'm silly hyped up after playing the demo. Make sure to back track and see the path of destruction you laid out. Soooo satisfying.

Not sure about all the blood sprays, but it certainly seems to leave a nice trail of bodies behind you. very handy when you're lost :p

they region blocked the game now, shame on you MS.

the demo will be coming at the end of next week for all regions, I'd just get the game instead.

tried the demo

it was fantastic but..

SIGMAVSNG2.jpg

NG2 Hayabusa is out of shape :LOL:

So I played through the demo again. Here's something that stood out and made me smile.

I was fighting through a bunch of bad ninja's, wasted the lot with the Lancer and there was one shy guy left in the corner. What started as a whole human being, after 5 seconds was turned into a torso without arms, legs and a head attached. All this done in and beautiful rythmic art form. The lancer was drenched in blood as was the ground below. Ryu snapped the blood off the lancer, jumped and ran across the wall. That poor guy never saw it coming. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I played through the demo again. Here's something that stood out and made me smile.

I was fighting through a bunch of bad ninja's, wasted the lot with the Lancer and there was one shy guy left in the corner. What started as a whole human being, after 5 seconds was turned into a torso without arms, legs and a head attached. All this done in and beautiful rythmic art form. The lancer was drenched in blood as was the ground below. Ryu snapped the blood off the lancer, jumped and ran across the wall. That poor guy never saw it coming. :(

I want this game........

How's the difficulty? Is it Mega-Man-1-One-Eye-Boss difficult, or something a bit more reasonable?

Only the easy mode "path of the acolyte" in in the demo. The other one is locked. Completing the demo doesn't unlock it either.

I'm not into these sort of games but it was still easy to pick up. Just use the block/dodge combo and you'll be good. I plan to play through it on easy the first time around and then try again. But man, it's cool!

Back