NVIDIA GT200 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still laughing at you. Except now I'm laughing at Megadrive too! :p (no offense intended... :))

Anyway, 384 SPs/96 TMUs/32 ROPs/256-bit GDDR5 would seem like a reasonable config on 40nm (heck, it'd even be reasonable on 55nm!); however, I suspect that'd be too much for a GX2, but not really the maximum the process could sustain either. That'd be relatively logical if they'd expect their DX11 chip to come 6 months later though. We'll see how it goes...

The New Nvidia product line would be as follows:D

9900GTX/9900GTS/9900GTO/9900GTA/9900 LE/9900 Pro/9900 SE/9900LX/9900LE

Hold on! .. this idea is becoming mainstream? You guys were laughing at me - last week - when i suggested a GTx2 with the refresh and that Tesla would be around for 2 years - and Next Gen to coincide with DX11 in 2010!
:oops:

The real problem is that RV770Pro can offer consumers the similar performance of 9800GTX at lower price. We do not know exactly how NVIDIA can compete in price competition after RV770 series is released ?

The real problem is that RV770Pro can offer consumers the similar performance of 9800GTX at lower price. We do not know exactly how NVIDIA can compete in price competition after RV770 series is released ?

What do you consider to be lower price? There's been some super cheap 512M 8800GTs in the $140-$150 range. That one in particular is even overclocked and includes NeverWinter Nights 2. Not a bad deal at all. I think this is a preview of what's to be expected later.

What do you consider to be lower price? There's been some super cheap 512M 8800GTs in the $140-$150 range. That one in particular is even overclocked and includes NeverWinter Nights 2. Not a bad deal at all. I think this is a preview of what's to be expected later.

A 8800GT, even overclocked, is pretty far from a 9800GTX still.

And the stock 9800GTX uses quite some exotic components not seen in the other 8800s.

Here is what i know
Nvidia is more confident in Tesla architecture that they were with G80 vs. r600
That is all i really know, and it is enough for me to make my own predictions with confidence. In my mind, AMD's "X3" is the only unknown variable.

I'm still laughing at you. Except now I'm laughing at Megadrive too! (no offense intended... )
none taken. i understand you now and i will laugh with you. i think you confuse my "ego" - which is pretty crushed here anyway - with my off-the-wall views on everything and my strange way of questioning posters. i like this forum and now i get things "clarified" for us normal tech poster whereas before i had to guess when i just lurked. And i will still bet you on GTx2 coming in 09. i am certain.:p

i also want to add that my own g80 8800GTX - at ultra speeds - is still - since November 07 ! - a potent GPU in the top class, today - with some slight advantages over the 9800GTX, i think. i actually prefer playing with it over my HD2900 Crossfire [which is slightly faster overall, imo] !!

Last edited by a moderator:
What'd be a perfect linear shrink from 65nm? (3025/4225)*die size (~71,6%)?

Of course, some trannies don't scale well with smaller process tech, but there are other possibilities to make a chip smaller.

We still do not believe that G92b will be around 24xmm^2
It should be around ~260mm2. That still looks like bigger than RV770 with lower performance, again if CJ's numbers are correct.

edit - If Nvidia manages to do some trimming like G71, it could be even smaller.

apoppin: Please don't talk as if you represented some kind of consensus... :) Oh and I took the liberty of editing your last two posts to remove some white space, hope that's not a problem.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=280900

clockfrequenciesgtx200sda5.png

old rumors?

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference of 48 processors sounds a bit too much of a difference between the 280 and 260 models. That almost implies the 280 is staged as 5 groups of 48 with the 260 staged as 4 groups of 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back