How safe are 360s to buy now?

Play 'n Charge kit. Must have.

Thanks, I'll probably grab one if they have it in black.

Does anybody else have opinions on play n charge VS battery packs and quick charge kit?

It seems like the play n charge does make the most sense, I'm just wondering the utility of the other options.

(I'm also wondering why anybody would buy the battery packs separately.)

I've bought 2 Play N Charge Kits and the Quick Charge Kit charging dock and I really prefer the dock. The Play N Charge Kit is nice for something quick when you don't have a spare battery. But nothing is better than keeping your spare on the Quick Charge dock. That way it's always ready when you need it. BTW, Pelican(PDP) has a new Charge Station coming out for the 360. It's already available for the PS3 at GameStop. I like it alot better since it gives you a place to store your controller.

pl3645.jpg

Hopefully they'll be relasing it soon. I've been waiting since December I think.

One other peripheral I might consider is the Logitch Xbox 360 Harmony Remote. I love it!! Plus, if you like to text chat, then consider the Messenger Keyboard Kit. I love that too.

Tommy McClain

The official batteries are really bad at memory loss and discharge. I seriously recommend buying rechargeable Eneloop batteries.

I have official batteries + play/n/charge kits. The batteries were used to last 20-25 hours with a full-charge when I first bought them. After 2.5 years, they are now at 10 hours at best. You can buy a regular AA battery charger and a good set of rechargable batteries (and use them elsewhere as well).

*thread split* 360 Warranty/Repair experiences

The current model 360 is such a peice of crap, I'm going to buy another if there is a revision for noise and heat dissapation. If I didn't already buy so many 360 games I would just stop using the 360 altogether.
The hardware is lame, and like someone else reported, my 360(2nd Replacement from RROD) scratched up my Mass Effect disc out of the blue. (I'did not move the 360 while it was on)

That is as much as I can take, when you scratch my 60$ investment and then have no solution for fixing it, unless I shed another 100$, I'm buying all my Multi platform games for that other console made by that TV manufacturer.

Hmm.. I might go that route then, and just get generic rechargables.

I picked up the Elite and GTAIV about an hour ago, but what is up with the play n charge kit? The 'black' kit contained a gray wire & plug and a WHITE battery.

There was nothing black about it. And the funny thing is that it's pictured on the Elite box in black!

Does anybody have one, or is the 'black' kit really just gray and white?

I've seen Play N Charge Kit sold seperately in black. It's out there. Not sure how that cable will work with standard rechargeable AA batteries though.

Tommy McClain

Back