PS3 Demos

^ yup.
theres supposed to be a Lair demo (i think it desperately needs one) but i doubt there will be a Warhawk demo.

It's been confirmed there won't be a Warhawk demo. I'm not actually gonna look for the link now, but take my word for it, the beta was all the demo you were gonna get.

Edit: Why isn't GT:HD in the OP. It's my most played demo by far, hell I still play it after all this time.

I just gave the Stranglehold demo a shot. Great fun! The game is very hectic but I became quite comfortable as I played. The aiming sensitivity may need adjustment for some (I had to adjust mine) but it does offer a wide range of values to choose from.

I was a bit skeptical due to initial criticisms towards the game, but I think this is one I wouldn't mind buying. :)

The pacing felt a little awkward at first but it does definitely have that action movie feel to it.

Man.. i wonna borrow your controller skills, i tried it as well and did arrghhh, grrrr, stomped my feet rutine in frustration over the controls, i just suck so much at anything FPS on a console :(

Warhawk on foot seems easier for me.. i will continue to practice in that game.

I thought the stranglehold demo was a blast, pun intended, but the camera was amazingly bad. It would only be acceptable in the PS1/n64 era.

I liked the demo, it felt way better than Max Payne. The animation was weak but people getting shot actually felt like a Hong Kong action movie, overly exaggerated that is.
I liked the standoff mini game as well. Stylish moves being awarded is also nice. Gfx wasn't particularly impressive but I will forgive that due to destructiblity of the environment. Framerate was good enough with occasional slideshows which looked like swapping was going on. Cover system could be much better. Baggage and Spin Attack felt a little useless (Yeah, I played all of the difficulties).

In the end the demo was enjoyable and long enough, definitely made me consider the CE version.

ps:I don't think most of the cut-scenes are real-time.

I downloaded the 360 demo for Stranglehold, but was very disapointed by the choppy frame rate. It ruined the experience for me...
Is the PS3 better/worst in that regard? 'Cause if it's better I'd give it a go. I really liked the core gameplay, only the frame rate ruined the fun...

It's been confirmed there won't be a Warhawk demo. I'm not actually gonna look for the link now, but take my word for it, the beta was all the demo you were gonna get.

Edit: Why isn't GT:HD in the OP. It's my most played demo by far, hell I still play it after all this time.
considering warhawk is online only with just 5 maps, i can't see them releasing a demo. those 5 maps are plenty for now though, theyre huge! hope they add more maps later on.

as for GT:HD, i don't really see it as a demo so i didn't add it.
I downloaded the 360 demo for Stranglehold, but was very disapointed by the choppy frame rate. It ruined the experience for me...
Is the PS3 better/worst in that regard? 'Cause if it's better I'd give it a go. I really liked the core gameplay, only the frame rate ruined the fun...
i haven't tried the 360 demo (don't have a 360) but the ps3 version runs at 30fps most of the time. there were 1-2 slowdowns throughout the demo but they weren't bad at all (i'm very sensitive to framerate stutters). there were a few times where the game would pause for a split second though but it only happend 2-3 times and i played through the demo a few times.

i dont think the fifa demo came out yet
AFAIK, Fifa 08 demo will come out tomorrow for both the PSN Store and XBL.

Judging by this video; http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24758.html there is a lot to be excited about for soccer fans. The gameplay has improved quite a lot because of the smoother animations and more realistic defense-offense plays.

I downloaded the Fifa 07 demo back in the day and it was so horrible I had to delete it.

i haven't tried the 360 demo (don't have a 360) but the ps3 version runs at 30fps most of the time. there were 1-2 slowdowns throughout the demo but they weren't bad at all (i'm very sensitive to framerate stutters). there were a few times where the game would pause for a split second though but it only happend 2-3 times and i played through the demo a few times.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!
Maybe I'll post the differences from the 2 demos tommorow.

AFAIK, Fifa 08 demo will come out tomorrow for both the PSN Store and XBL.

Judging by this video; http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24758.html there is a lot to be excited about for soccer fans. The gameplay has improved quite a lot because of the smoother animations and more realistic defense-offense plays.

I downloaded the Fifa 07 demo back in the day and it was so horrible I had to delete it.

based on the improvements in that LIVE demo and especially NHL 08 have shown, i have HIGH hopes for this title.

EA is REALLY impressing my now compared to the first couple years on this generation.

oh and the Tony Hawk demo (XBL today) is allegedly coming to PSN tomorrow.... but IMO, it is utter crap compared to skate.

considering warhawk is online only with just 5 maps, i can't see them releasing a demo. those 5 maps are plenty for now though, theyre huge! hope they add more maps later on.
That's a crap reason; if it's a game it weill benefit from being a demo. (Ok, sorry, I mean if it's a good game... :p ) I mean, I played Battlefield 2 for quite some time as only the demo (it was a good map and a good size), but it only served to fuel my desire to get more.

They can limit Warhawk in other ways to encourage you to get the full version, but a lot of people won't risk $40/$60 on an online-only game that they're unsure about. Demos grease the wheels.

Amount of people in Warhawk beta = small
Amount of people who've picked up a PS3 since the beta = not tiny
Amount of people who will be picking up a PS3 in the future = many
Ability to download a demo = easy
Likelihood of translating demo play into future sales = better than NO demo

Amount of people in Warhawk beta = small
Amount of people who've picked up a PS3 since the beta = not tiny
Amount of people who will be picking up a PS3 in the future = many
Ability to download a demo = easy
Likelihood of translating demo play into future sales = better than NO demo

I think we will see a limited demo with limited playing time on a smaller map.

But right now i would focus on making more content for the Warhawk players and make some more money and boost what seem to be a very underated title. I flew around a bit just to enjoy the sights, i think it looks very nice for such a game.

Hmm. I've just dl'ed the Fifa 08 demo and now have Harry Potter and NBA 08 dl'ing in the background. I thought the rumours were that the Euros weren't getting Fifa? The other 2 are new to me too but I haven't been paying close attention.

based on the improvements in that LIVE demo and especially NHL 08 have shown, i have HIGH hopes for this title.

EA is REALLY impressing my now compared to the first couple years on this generation.

oh and the Tony Hawk demo (XBL today) is allegedly coming to PSN tomorrow.... but IMO, it is utter crap compared to skate.
Yeah, it's a trend in EA's sports games and that's good news. NBA Live 2005 (Xbox) was my favourite basketball game ever.

It was a fun, very balanced sports game.., happy memories from playing it with a friend. Live 06 wasn't bad -Xbox, PS2 and GC- although the Superstar moves were pretty imbalanced. It sucked on the X360, and Live 07 was a horrible game.

I tried NBA 2k series, which imo are rather presumptuous games. 2k games think they have the best basketball sim but it isn't because you can beat almost every opponent just playing near the bucket, doing layups and dunks. The only good thing about NBA 2k is the signature moves

Cheers

Hmm. I've just dl'ed the Fifa 08 demo and now have Harry Potter and NBA 08 dl'ing in the background. I thought the rumours were that the Euros weren't getting Fifa? The other 2 are new to me too but I haven't been paying close attention.

I think it got delayed until 9pm GMT according to the EA forums.

We got FIFA08 like clockwork. Nice. Anyway, I love the way it looks when you're just playing, which has great lighting. But then the replay shots have completely messed up lighting (and not too great a framerate either). I don't quite understand how they can be so stupid to be so inconsistent, but oh well. In general, I like the way you have a lot more control and freedom over how you can play ... It's certainly moving in the right direction.

Can somebody post more detailed impressions of the PS3 version of the Fifa08 demo? such as how stable the framerate is during gameplay, how good the AI is (I read in the preview on IGN that it had some ways to go when they last saw it), how the interface is, and how much fun it is. If Be A Pro is in the demo, impressions of that as well.

The reason I ask is because I'm away from home for a while so I can't try it myself. As well, I'm seriously considering getting this over PES2008 this year because I think this year the gameplay of FIFA has caught up enough to, when combined with the licenses, be better value to me than PES.

Back