Haze : The official game thread

Its the pistol! very powerful one shot kill. The zoom is standard Nectar zoom and can be used with any weapon. i like the rebel gun the best! :) nice firing rate

One of my section mates was overdosed in the demo. So I shot him and took his ammo. The giant pistol is actually my favorite weapon in the demo. The rebel gun and the standard issued assault rifle are both satisfying to use. But they are a tad normal compared to the Resistance guns. ;-)

Did another play through to find this supposed "sniper-rifle." :D It is the pistol as others have now stated. I never even gave it a try any of the other times I played the demo. It is quite powerful! Despite the rate of fire being slow, I like it.

That is probably my 5th or so play through. My opinion of it hasn't changed much from what I wrote above. Solid controls and weapons. Possibly involved and engaging story. Found it quite enjoyable, despite the graphics which I initially felt to be disappointing, but they've grown on me.

Definitely want to give the full game a try. I still feel $60 might be bit hard for me to chew though. We'll see. I've paid as much for worse and bigger letdowns. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the demo would be more distinct if I use the pistol exclusively. May be they should have let us play the rebel instead. It should give a more unique experience. I'll find another opportunity to replay.

thats really dissapointing, no buy for me. and this better not a be an ongoin trend for this gen, shame on you freeradical for following that route.

I think it's fine if it was the greatest looking game ever, but it's little better than average in my opinion. They must've really zagged when they should've zigged when writing their engine.

I read an report on Eurogamer and I like the dev attitude, like ok we did this choice to favor framerate etc.

It's better than straight lies and like they state resolution didn't prevent CoD4 to top the charts.

I mean they did whatever they can given the budget and time they were granted with.

thats really dissapointing, no buy for me. and this better not a be an ongoin trend for this gen, shame on you freeradical for following that route.
It was an ongoing trend last generation! Just no-one was counting pixels and reporting it. We run the risk of people being blinded by numbers. All that matters is what's on screen. If it looks good, who cares what techniques the devs have used?! Any complaint should be about results, rather than focussing on numbers, especially when 5 years ago people the same 'problem' existed but people were content to watch upscaled games with nary a worry.

Tried it today, no buy for me, this game has nothing on the top FPS games out there, and i dont have time to play average games.

Did you try Co-Op? I haven't tried that and that is actually the only part that interests me with this game, but all my friends, thats both of the really, are busy playing GTA4 :)

It was an ongoing trend last generation! Just no-one was counting pixels and reporting it. We run the risk of people being blinded by numbers. All that matters is what's on screen. If it looks good, who cares what techniques the devs have used?! Any complaint should be about results, rather than focussing on numbers, especially when 5 years ago people the same 'problem' existed but people were content to watch upscaled games with nary a worry.
if anything i hope the game to look sharper if not 720p and i know 720p would definetly help. im gonna find it hard to to get use to the blurriness after uncharted. does it really make that much of a framerate difference from 576p to 720p?

Back