Haze : The official game thread

I think 'bad' is relative to what other titles are achieving. By comparison Haze is low resolution and low fidelity, with some shocking textures.

Yep Shifty hit it right on the nose, some almost seem last gen or somewhere in between some parts look ok and the gameplay was really good. I wish they would have demoed a level with more dialog.

Downloaded the demo, plays well, the use of nectar is a good mechanism. I can see the single player campaign being very generic. Graphics aren't quite as good as I was expecting but they are sufficiently absorbing. I think it will come alive with the four player co-op mode.

I think the coop is the selling point of this game. Having tried the demo a bit, I don't see the appeal otherwise. Graphics are pretty primitive - just take a look at the water to see how backward the shaders are! Flat texturing doesn't excite me much these days! The gameplay itself was generic, with the addition of needing to dose up on Nectar (press L2) to enable 'heat vision' so you can actually see the 'baddies', otherwise they're nigh-on invisible. Not an inspiring title.

Making such a statement, without playing the game is ignorant, and just dumb.

Please. We might as well not discuss any game before it's released/played then.

Now I can fully justify the statement for you. Played the game, and still the only good thing about it is the Korn title track. I will skip this one.

Please. We might as well not discuss any game before it's released/played then.

Now I can fully justify the statement for you. Played the game, and still the only good thing about it is the Korn title track. I will skip this one.

No your comment was just stupid and not backed up at all. A measured opinion before a game's release, sure. What you said, no.

And the Korn track isn't the only good thing about Haze. 4 player co-op is another, seemless co-op I might add, with ingame messaging. The story is a plus, no loading etc etc.

So yes, if you want to say your opinion without making a holistic statement, then say, "I don't think this game is for me, in my opinion the Korn track is the only good thing about it."

Thats Fair. 4 player co-op is a positive for the game!

I'll be more descriptive in my personal thoughts in the future? Good compromise?

Stop fighting guys.:-|

and @deepbrown : how does the in-game messaging work? is it in the demo?

It works in the menu screen - which is something that warhawk and cod4 annoyingly lack. And it tells me I have a new message ingame (little yellow envelope) but haven't quite worked out how to read it yet.

It works in the menu screen - which is something that warhawk and cod4 annoyingly lack. And it tells me I have a new message ingame (little yellow envelope) but haven't quite worked out how to read it yet.

From what I've seen, based on the demo, the full friends list is only available when you're not in an active gaming session. When in a game, you're restricted to access to Game Invites only, and cannot bring up the XMB friends list. But, that's just the demo.

From what I've seen, based on the demo, the full friends list is only available when you're not in an active gaming session. When in a game, you're restricted to access to Game Invites only, and cannot bring up the XMB friends list. But, that's just the demo.

I realised it only today that demo had a some form of ingame-XMB access :)
Maybe I was just playing a demo happily. I do actually like this game a lot, Nectar brings new aspect to the gameplay. The final storyline may bring this game to a new level.

And graphics look good in my tv screen (32" 720p Sony Bravia).

I played the Haze demo for the first time late last night. Thanks to all the negative reporting, the game is underrated. I expected to quit half way in disgust. Instead, I actually couldn't find any major flaw with the game. May be people very picky with graphics can and will point out all the inadequacies but as an average gamer, it's not bad at all.

There're abundant vegetation and enemies were all hiding in the right places (until I had my first dose of the Nectar to reveal them all). The guns had very good feel to them (looks heavy and sounds loud with strong bass). I don't particularly love the art style (Then again, I have the same feeling towards Resistance's art style till today). The guns look a little generic. In fact, I didn't know I had a sniper rifle to boot. I thought that was a pistol with one-hit kill :LOL:

Fresh from RFOM, there were a few details I needed to get used to, but the level design seemed tight enough. I left the demo thinking I should re-evaluate the game. I was too tired and have not tried MP (Is it available in the demo ?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back