What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 500gb drives both partitioned into 3 xp on the primary partition of one and vista on the primary partition of the other
so far
Games 1 - 16.4gb free
Games 2 - 10.6gb free
Games 3 - 9.55gb free
Games 4 - 102gb free

total 138.55 gb to go
thats installs only no cd's/dvd's ripped to the hdd
239 games

You have RAID or backups? i hope you do such amount of awesomness cant dissapear from this world.

Just bought one of these + a 1tb sata2 drive

when its full its going to be taken out and never overwritten
I will just look at it and revel in the magnificence
I actually pointed a peice of wood at it and tried to move it up and down and side to side and I coundnt - therefore scientifically proving it containes more gaming goodness than you can shake a stick at
Is it not a proud and noble thing (wipes tear from eye)
and because it supports esata and most of the games dont rely on registry entries i will be able to connect it to a future pc and play most of the games
I created a thread about it here:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=49502

Behold : Is it not a thing of rare beauty

Have you played them all?
I bought
Enemy Territory - Quake Wars
Frontlines Fuel of War
Two Worlds
DarkStar 1
Jade Empire Special Edition
gun
dungeon lords
flatout 2

in the last week and i havnt finished them (apart from frontlines fuel of war which was short but bloody excellent imho)

Ive got about 1200 to 1500 games going back to the dos days but i dont install games just for the sake of it only if I want to play it

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah. I don't see:
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Galactic Civilizations
Galactic Civilizations II
Sins of a Solar Empire
Planescape: Torment
Prince of Persia - The Two Towers
Prince of Persia - The Warrior Within

How can you show your face around here?

Mize if you want a modern day longbow checkout enemy engaged comanche vs hokum, if you also buy apache vs havoc it integrates with it and you can play it using the comanche engine

It went open source and the eech dev team have done a great job improving it

little note: it was remade as enemy engaged 2 but they used the original source code (not the eech dev team source code) and just improved the grphics and its very buggy

read a review here:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/015/015325.html

Okay, I'm more than half-way through HL2 on Orange Box for X360 and this is the first fps on a console that I've totally hated. It's likely because I already played it kb/mouse. The load times suck and the handling is awful. I never was nearly this frustrated by gears, RFoM, R2, gears2, Halo3, etc.
Thinking of jumping to Episode 1 and 2 and maybe even getting back into PC gaming. I'm a bit behind the times hardware wise (8800 GTS/Q6600 and currently no windows partition), but HalfLife2 on that 360 controller had me cursing last night. I could score a high end card for $400 and be right back in it I'd wager...?

You can score an AMD 4870X2 for $400 after rebates.

good job you mentioned that, forgot to put the shortcut in the startmenu games folder

AMAZING! You have like 7 NFS games and sadly while you do own absolute garbage like carbon, underground and ProStreet and most wanted, but sadly not the series best, Porsche Unleashed

You can score an AMD 4870X2 for $400 after rebates.

Here's the thing though. I long ago put my main rig in a slick Lian Li "silent" case that suck donkeys for air cooling. At the time it was a water rig and worked great. It went from a x64 dually with a x1800-XTPE (flashed) to a Q6600/8800GTS over a period of time and then a pump crapped out and I threw on a good HSF and quit water and OC'ing owing to the case (I hate, hate, hate being able to hear fans). So I either need to deal with a stock Q6600/4870X2 or get a new case and get over the fan noise issue (no time for water right now). I guess the X360 should have rid me of the noise annoyance bug, eh? Thing is LOUD as hell compared to the PS3.

Okay, I'm more than half-way through HL2 on Orange Box for X360 and this is the first fps on a console that I've totally hated. It's likely because I already played it kb/mouse. The load times suck and the handling is awful. I never was nearly this frustrated by gears, RFoM, R2, gears2, Halo3, etc.
Thinking of jumping to Episode 1 and 2 and maybe even getting back into PC gaming. I'm a bit behind the times hardware wise (8800 GTS/Q6600 and currently no windows partition), but HalfLife2 on that 360 controller had me cursing last night. I could score a high end card for $400 and be right back in it I'd wager...?

I think you are playing those awesome games on a wrong system...consoles just suck for an fps. Your system should have no problems handling the games for the most part.

AMAZING! You have like 7 NFS games and sadly while you do own absolute garbage like carbon, underground and ProStreet and most wanted, but sadly not the series best, Porsche Unleashed

I have to agree. Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 with Romolo di Prisco's soundtrack has to be the best 2 games fo the N4Spd series.

Porsche Unleashed and Hot Pursuit 2 were indeed the shit. Porsche was amazing looking for its time.

I loved the damage models in it too. And the sounds were so good...faithful to the actual sounds of the engines. Also the one thing that I did hate about it was the freaking multiplayer. that was utter shite. My brother and I would local network the game and my screen would show he was ahead of me and his would show I was ahead of him :LOL: and then as soon as I would get within a certain distance of his car (whether he was catching up or I was catching up) there would be an invisible bump as if I hit his car and that would make my car lose control and I or he would end up crashing....go figure...so overtaking someone was a game of luck!

but sadly not the series best, Porsche Unleashed

How dare you acuse me of such a thing, Ive never been so insulted in my life :(
i how you realise what i went through trying to find the cd..

ps: the game only seems to list the first dozen or so resolutions it finds so i can choose from lots of 16bit modes but only 1 32bit mode 720x480x32 and it really suffers from alaising even at 1920x1200 (need to force it in the cp)

pps: mine is called need for speed porsche 2000

ppps: mize a 8800gts is still up to the job - you dont have to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back