"Big" Next-Gen News @ Joystiq Midnight EST

I really dunno, could be anything right?

MS HD-DVD official price?
Wii launch details?
Sony online details?
etc...

Guess we will see in about 10 hours.

Considering that Joystiq continually bashes Sony like there is not tomorrow, i really doubt that the announcement is going to be something PS3 related; and since Nintendo is going to have its own event next week, the announcement being wii news is highly unlikely as well. I expect the news to be something related to the 360.

Considering that Joystiq continually bashes Sony like there is not tomorrow, i really doubt that the announcement is going to be something PS3 related; and since Nintendo is going to have its own event next week, the announcement being wii news is highly unlikely as well. I expect the news to be something related to the 360.

Well they don't say it's good news...

The topical announcement would be a price drop for the 360, in response to the potential PS3 shortages. This is something that I could see being useless to hold off until TGS for since Japan needs game announcements/unveilings (*cough* Mistwalker *cough*) not discounts.

But there's also X06. A big 360 announcement now when they need to save up for 2 major events, hmmmmm, that doesnt sound likely either!

The topical announcement would be a price drop for the 360, in response to the potential PS3 shortages. This is something that I could see being useless to hold off until TGS for since Japan needs game announcements/unveilings (*cough* Mistwalker *cough*) not discounts.

But there's also X06. A big 360 announcement now when they need to save up for 2 major events, hmmmmm, that doesnt sound likely either!

Didn't japan just get a discount sort of? The core is selling there, with N3 and PGR(i think) for $250 USD, previously there was no core available.

Pricedrop, hmm I dunno, that would mean it starts tomorrow??

My guess, big PS3 exclusive, they need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't expect anything. Usually when sites hype 'big' incoming news, it turns out to be nothing major at all.

Expect nothing - that way if it is anything signficant you can be surprised, and if not, you didn't waste too much time thinking about it ;)

Doesnt really sound gaming related in the sense of a title announcement, I'm thinking something about hardware. But yeah, I'm with Titanio on this one, not really expecting much.

LB , be carefull before somebody gets a heartattack or something serieous like that.

Maybe Sony will anounce that due to several delays and technical difficulties they will stop PS3 development and go directly to PS4.

Los Angeles, September 7, 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced the new PLAYSTATION®4 (PS4), which will become available as standard with a keyboard like typewriter. The new typewriter can be experienced at the TGS.

The typewriter has been created by refining and improving the world’s most popular PlayStation® system that has shipped more than several hundred million units worldwide, while inheriting its basic concept and design. The typewriter employs breakthrough technology of high-precision that does not require any devices other than the typewriter itself for seamless interactive operation, thus eliminating additional settings to TVs. With this technology, ways to enjoy PS4 will be further enhanced by accessing the roof through the stairs, while retaining almost the original format.

In addition to this state of the art machine, "3-dimension acceleration information (X, Y, and Z)" can be detected in high-precision and in real-time. If you live in a building with more than 6 meters high, you can throw it away and check the greatest physics of all time.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. ....

LOL

Oh, i can almost feel the worldwide delay anouncement.

It feels.... cold. Wet and cold. Almost kinda slimy. brrrr...

It could either be a worldwide PS3 delay, DMC4 for Xbox 360 (very likely considering Capcom's suprise hit Dead Rising and the common framework), or Xbox 360 price drop or HDDVD intergrated into the system. It might even be the Wii specs being officially released. Who knows? We just have to wait and see. I'll be asleep when it's going down anyway.

Back