Doritos, Once Loved, Now Hated

Skrying

S K R Y I N G
Veteran
One of my favorite foods in the world is to take a handful of Doritos Nacho Cheesier (now the crap Nacho Cheese) and crumble them up, place them in a bowl and then put cottage cheese all over them and eat with a spoon. It is one of the best things in the world, I used to LOVE it.

Since 2005 when Doritos went under redesign and have changed the name the Nacho Cheese flavor have simply sucked. They task to much like corn now, which is terrible. I released this today after I ate some cottage cheese and how I hadnt had my favorite in a long time. :(

I want my old Doritos back. :(

I actually like the new Doritos. The old Doritos tasted too much like citric acid. Try the gaucamole flavored Doritos if you want something closer to the old flavor... those are very acidic.

I actually like the new Doritos. The old Doritos tasted too much like citric acid. Try the gaucamole flavored Doritos if you want something closer to the old flavor... those are very acidic.

And nasty! Except when used with tacos. Then they rock.

I'm 100% certain NO ONE on this forum, even my city, will remember the name of "Roasted red pepper Tostitos." They were a flavor of chips released like 5 years ago, and were the undisputed best chips i ever had.

Last edited by a moderator:
i prefer kettle cooked chips personally. Doritos always tasted too artificial to me, though i did enjoy Cool Ranch (is it "Cooler" ranch now?) once in awhile.

Anyone remember this crap?

surge.jpg

Hey now, I liked Surge. I actually one an alarm clock off of one of the bottle caps, thought it was pretty fun. When it would go off it would yell SURGE, rather creepy thinking back on it.

And Sugar you have it backwards, it use to be Cooler Ranch now its simply Cool. Same as Nacho Cheeiser is now just Nacho Cheese. They lot the er and the taste!

You used to be able to get Surge Slushies at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia for as long as I can remember. You might still be able to, I'm just not sure if the stand is still open or w/e.

It was Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch before it was Nacho Cheesier and Cooler Ranch. It makes sense to go back to the name.

I do liked the baked doritos much more than the regular ones. They have a better taste to them.

Anyone try the guacamole doritos?

And yes, we used to drink Surge all the time.

Frito Lay used to sell cans of cheese dip that was actually pretty good. While working at my dad's drive-thru back in the 80s the guys and I used to eat bags of Doritos with that cheese dip. I washed it all down with Grape Crush I'd special order from the 7-Up delivery guy and hide in the back corner of the walk-in cooler.

chips and chips-like thingies suck :) (though we have no "Nacho" or "Doritos" over here. all I can say is I hate the industrial things made of crap mixed with cheese similar to that of Cheeseburger)

Cheese is meant to be put on a (thick enough) slice of bread (not soft, sliced kind). I looked up "cottage cheese" on wikipedia to know what that is, seems like I have something similar in the fridge but with garlic and herbs in it, that thing is great, put a layer of it on your bread, and something more consistent and mature on top of that like goat cheese.
with eating some fruits here and there I think this is food I can live on :)

Back