R580+

Radeon X1900 prices have dropped pretty substantially in the last week (no doubt partly due to the impending release of the X1950), so I don't suppose they'll fall much further.

Ahh, hadnt really looked in a good while. If they're low enough I might just have to search for some extra money.

VR-Zone has some numbers posted, take them as they are I guess. System is a bit more powerful than the one used in the Hardwarezone preview, VR-Zone uses a Conroe based system.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3885

That looks much better than the hardwarezone numbers. Nvidia might want to hurry up with G80 after all :LOL:

Still, the 800 MHz memory clock and 150 MHz core clock differences between 7950 GX2 and X1950 XTX can't be ignored, just as the obvious SLI software overhead and driver issues.

I wonder how a single 7950 GX2 with 550+ MHz core/1800+ MHz mems would fare...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Awesome card. I like that it's quiet this time around. Compliments Conroe nicely.

I'll have to show restraint and not swap my 1900xtx for one of these :(

Looks like Dave was right in that the R580 would really benefit from more bandwidth. Nice to see GDDR4 in action.

Best date we have from around the web is Aug 23/24 for actual announce and full reviews. The VR Zone numbers popped my eyes in some cases, certainly. But I'd like to see a few more sites work it over before coming to conclusions.

Here come, VR-Zone on ATi X1950 XTX, The Crimson Loveboat !
I don't know it break NDA or not... but I am still reading it...

Edit: the game bench seems favour X1950 XTX, it gets ahead 7950GX2 a bit in all test at the Vr-Zone!
Edit2: Sorry, I miss the above post by Skrying. Anyway, sound like a good card this round except that it consumes more power than the old one.

Best date we have from around the web is Aug 23/24 for actual announce and full reviews. The VR Zone numbers popped my eyes in some cases, certainly. But I'd like to see a few more sites work it over before coming to conclusions.

No :( It's much more fun to take the first numbers and go "OMG! ATI FTW!!!" all over the net. You're such a buzz killer Geo! :p

Anyone know if this is going to be a hard launch with real availability?

I haven't heard anything to make me think not. That somebody over at VR Zone has one and is testing and publishing results on it suggests to me theirs didn't come by NDA, but instead came thru AIB or early retail stock. Which also points at hard launch.

Yes. This looks to be the case. R580s have been hard to get from ATi in the last 2 months except for old stock according to a source. This would certainly fit with the idea of a hard launch of the X1950XTX. ATi was probably stockpiling all R580 cores for the X1950XTX.

Yes. This looks to be the case. R580s have been hard to get from ATi in the last 2 months except for old stock according to a source. This would certainly fit with the idea of a hard launch of the X1950XTX. ATi was probably stockpiling all R580 cores for the X1950XTX.

I dunno. How sure are we the power changes on the PCB that VR Zone was showing are due only to GDDR4?

Hmm.. very tempting, but I wonder if it will be wise to buy one with DX10 parts coming out around the end or the year?(??)

R580 = rev. A22
R580+ = rev. A31

so... ATi stopped production of A22 and replaced it with A31 revision?

Back