Microsoft rumored to be buying...... [2020-04, 2020-07, 2020-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understimate the buying power of kids' parents. Nintendo & Minecraft says Hi. ;)

Tommy McClain
again tho , if ms buys roblox how does it strengthen xbox. It might be a money generated and it does it well but who knows for how long. But how does that get xbox into more peoples hands. On android i gues they could move it to the xbox app and have users access it through there . But i doubt apple will let MS do that . Either way it will be a long process of getting people over to the xbox app and i'm sure many will not want to go.

Its also going for what an ipo of 8b or so they want ? how many small devs could they buy ? They could almost buy ubisoft. Which of the 3 options do you think would do more to grow xbox ?

Got a point about growing Xbox. I would look at all the studio acquisitions they have had so far & see where they have needs. They don't need anymore RPG studios. LOL They did get a Japan studio from ZeniMax. Do they want more? Do they need more studios in the kid space or mobile space? Possibly. They have sports with their EA Play partnership. They have racing games & FPS games. Do they need more retro or classic back-catalog games? Probably not. What about cinematic action/adventure games? They got some for that, maybe not enough. I think they need to push more into games that can more playable on the phone form factor. A lot of the xCloud catalog are better on the tablet, not so much on the phone. Anyway, just my musings.

Tommy McClain

eh its all crappy mini games inside of a single launcher. The amount of money roblox will want for their ip shows how little value they actually are. Also again its an app that depends on being on ios and andriod. So MS is going to spend 8B or so for an app that doesn't strengthen the xbox platform.
I'm not advocating Microsoft buying Roblox, I'm correcting your misunderstanding of what it is.

If "straightening the Xbox platform" is the metric, how does the $2.5bn acquisition of Minecraft do this?

So I've decided that if I'm running MS, I would buy Konami and Square.

Sony would be finished with Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, NieR, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid coming day one to GamePass. It's the knockout blow for $15 billion.

So I've decided that if I'm running MS, I would buy Konami and Square.

Sony would be finished with Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, NieR, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid coming day one to GamePass. It's the knockout blow for $15 billion.
who is going to actually develop the konami games ? Is there anyone really left at konami ? Because if there aren't teams for the IP it will take half a decade to see anything come out of konami

Buy Capcom and give all the resource they need for Dragon's Dogma 2 that able to make the original concept of DD1 a reality, and way better.

release it in chunks in 1 year (like Destiny 2 mini DLCs), before my gamepass ultimate ran out.

I'm not advocating Microsoft buying Roblox, I'm correcting your misunderstanding of what it is.

If "straightening the Xbox platform" is the metric, how does the $2.5bn acquisition of Minecraft do this?

Minecraft was purchased what 6/7 years ago ? There were ultimately different goals . There has never been a minecraft 2 and I believe at the time almost every system except the switch which released the year after the purchase and was most likely already deep into development and have previous contracts drawn up.

It will be curious to see if Minecraft gets a ps5 edition or if it will just run in BC mode from the ps4 version.

Like i said what will roblox to for the xbox ecco system ? How will game pass benefit ? How will xcloud benefit and how will the consoles / pc benefit ? You are talking about almost 10b. For less than that MS got two of the biggest RPG series and two of the bigger shooter franchises as well as a slew of other IP and studios for each one of those projects.

Minecraft was purchased what 6/7 years ago ?
Six years. It was the first studio acquisition by Phil Spencer as Head of Xbox.

Like i said what will roblox to for the xbox ecco system ?
And like I said, I'm not advocating Microsoft buying Roblox. And again, like I just said, I was just correcting your misunderstaning of what Roblox is. Can we move on? :???:

Six years. It was the first studio acquisition by Phil Spencer as Head of Xbox.

And like I said, I'm not advocating Microsoft buying Roblox. And again, like I just said, I was just correcting your misunderstaning of what Roblox is. Can we move on? :???:

thats fine.

MS has bought 17 studios in the last 6 years. They've gone from 6 to 23. Most impressive.
And the vast majority were good acquisitions which made sense, I still don't understand the Mojang acquisition but perhaps they're coining it from merchandising.

https://education.minecraft.net/ its bigly . Their stores did events on it , its a big push to sell it to schools for online teaching . They are building lessons in it . Oh reqular minecraft sells really well
Minecraft was big in education before Microsoft bought it. I'm not understanding how this strengthens the Xbox platform? You can play Minecraft on anything.

Minecraft was big in education before Microsoft bought it. I'm not understanding how this strengthens the Xbox platform? You can play Minecraft on anything.
like i told you the minecraft deal was a long time ago and wasn't done for the same purpose nor by the same part of Microsoft

Minecraft was not big in education as a product until after MS bought it. It was being used by educators without official support, sure, but it wasn't an actual service. They completely changed the business model and expanded the functionality of how Minecraft was being used in that sector, and used it to push their other education focused products including their education specific version of OneNote.

That wasn't the only reason they bought them, but it was a big part of it. Chromebooks were making huge inroads into the education market at the time, and this was part of their response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back