AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Videocardz seems to be the first english site to have info on new hardware including Navi and Super. If there's an earlier more reliable source I would love to know about it.
Aren't they actually lifting everything from "obscure" Chinese Weechat groups & Twitter users ( and falsely claiming to have sources)?

Seems to vary from time to time, I'm pretty sure some of their claims which have ended up being true haven't been traced back to anywhere, obviously many are though (often to those chinese obscure weibos and whatnot). Oh, WCCF actually got at least one recent proper leak which I don't think could be traced anywhere else, sure, someone uploaded the results to 3DMark, but they were the only(?) one who spotted it from result ticker.
Of course this doesn't mean I would be saying they're trustworthy sites in general, just that they're better than they used to be

(edit: fixed typo wary > vary)

Last edited:
Aren't they actually lifting everything from "obscure" Chinese Weechat groups & Twitter users ( and falsely claiming to have sources)?

Maybe, but if that were the case I would expect other sites to employ the same tactics. But no one else seems to beat them to the punch. I’ve always seen them attribute their leaks to the Chinese forums like Chiphell when the leaks originate there.

What about the 50th anniversary edition ? Do we have benchs about that one ? Isn't that one competing with NV 2070 Super ?

What about the 50th anniversary edition ? Do we have benchs about that one ? Isn't that one competing with NV 2070 Super ?
Its gold trim marks it as a card in the ”prestige” class, like Nvidias ”Titan”.
It does great in price/performance in that comparison. Unfortunately this is the reverse of what is desired in that market segment.

TBH WCCFT and CARDZ have improved over the years tremendeously compared to what they started with, nowadays they actually have solid leaks too
WCCFTech was the first place where I saw 40 CUs for the initial Navi chip, but I generally don't visit the more obscure rumor/leak sites.

That said, I'm not sure how "guessable" 40 CUs were before the WCCFTech rumor last November. Due to the discreteness of CU counts, there aren't too many possibilities for a midrange Navi in 2019, and one list of reasonable possibilities for the CU count is 32, 36, 40, …, 60, 64 (although this is unavoidably with the influence of hindsight). If you randomly picked a CU count from the above list you would have a 11% chance of getting it right assuming that the real CU count was in the list to begin with. But someone who is guessing may consider some CU counts to be more likely to be true than others. If you asked me a year ago what my predictions for Navi CUs were, I would have predicted something closer to 64 and dismissed 40 as unlikely.

Its gold trim marks it as a card in the ”prestige” class, like Nvidias ”Titan”.
It does great in price/performance in that comparison. Unfortunately this is the reverse of what is desired in that market segment.
If anything, this is an equivalent to the founders edition.
The titan is supposedly prosumer, so its equivalent is Radeon VII.

50 More USD to go and then we are talking!

Maybe in March or so when navi 20 comes out. Then they could cut 50 dollars off on the 5700s and put the 5800 and 5900 in as the high end. That would still get them out before ampere so then give it another 6 months or so before they have to further reduce prices to compete.

By that point sept 2020, I think these cards should be at most $279 and $229 respectively, depending on how ampere performs.

Maybe wishful thinking but well see! Predictions are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back