The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Gods I love Legion! It was so fresh and different, can't wait to see where they take it next!

I like the first season a lot more than the second season, where they're still dealing with the Night King.

Weird digressions too, just a lot of changes in styles that call attention to themselves.

I prefer that the showrunner get back to Fargo, which is more relatable.

Twin Peaks II. Still watching it. I'm gonna miss this series. :(

24, season 6. Even though the plot always ridiculously revolves around Jack Bauer being the only one that can solve things (which I find sooooo annoying!!), it's kind of addictive. And I love Chloe. I'm just rewatching all seasons and this one is the last one I watched a few years ago so, from season 7 onwards, it will be my first watch.

Rewatching Game of Thrones from season 1. I only got to season 5, which I almost stopped watching because I was really pissed off about the changes from the novels. Yeah, right, an "adaptation" (it turned out it's not, eventually, because it ended up being something considerably different from the books)... whatever. I remember discussing this here. At any rate, I have decided to watch it until the end.

24, season 6. Even though the plot always ridiculously revolves around Jack Bauer being the only one that can solve things (which I find sooooo annoying!!), it's kind of addictive. And I love Chloe. I'm just rewatching all seasons and this one is the last one I watched a few years ago so, from season 7 onwards, it will be my first watch.

Gotta love CTU's lackluster screening methods for employees. Seems like half the people working there are moles or double agents or what have you. Either way, fun show. Just wished they'd have dropped the gimmicky ticking clock a long time ago. It's especially ridiculous in season 7 because that one only has 12 episodes (or even less?) hence time's mostly ticking away off camera.

Gotta love CTU's lackluster screening methods for employees. Seems like half the people working there are moles or double agents or what have you. Either way, fun show. Just wished they'd have dropped the gimmicky ticking clock a long time ago. It's especially ridiculous in season 7 because that one only has 12 episodes (or even less?) hence time's mostly ticking away off camera.
Noooooooooooooooo, spoileeeeeeeeer! I didn't know there were NOT 24 episodes in a season of this series. :(

The best dramatic tv isn't 20+ episodes per season. It's 10-13 or 16 at most. It's just too hard to maintain quality, especially script quality, with so many episodes per season.

There are no real rules to that. House was great ;)

Titans is pretty good.

Want to reiterate that Dix Pour Cent and Plan Cœur are really great.

There are no real rules to that. House was great ;)

Titans is pretty good.

Want to reiterate that Dix Pour Cent and Plan Cœur are really great.
House was overall good, but I bet it would have been even better with fewer episodes per season

Noooooooooooooooo, spoileeeeeeeeer! I didn't know there were NOT 24 episodes in a season of this series. :(

Some general observations about 24:

Not only are there a lot of moles, a lot of Americans help the bad guys carry out attacks against the US, on US soil.

Jack of course stops them from being horrible but they nevertheless carry out attacks which would be considered unthinkable.

I've been watching Greatest American Hero, its 80s trash but pretty fun & interesting take on the superhero genre.
I've been working up a pet theory that 'the ship' is a Culture module & 'the suit' an advanced SC agent spacesuit, whole thing a bit of fun being had by one of the Arbitrarys' successor in monitoring Earth. (a module & couple of Contact agents left behind by Arbitrary?)
Doesn't really work though, the skintight super-suits of the later books are hundreds of years in the future, State of the Art is set before the Idiran war (or is it just after?) & Culture suits were still pretty chunky.
There's also things the aliens say about their origin/motivations but that can be argued as a fake coverstory or something.

Edit: apparently my understanding of the timeline was waaaay off, SotA is apparently over 600yrs post Idiran war, as well as post Excession & Matter so particularly being post-Matter a thin super suit is actually in timeline

Last edited:
Sex Education is really great too, much better than expected ... and I dare say Gillian Anderson’s best appearance yet :)

Rewatching Game of Thrones from season 1. I only got to season 5, which I almost stopped watching because I was really pissed off about the changes from the novels. Yeah, right, an "adaptation" (it turned out it's not, eventually, because it ended up being something considerably different from the books)... whatever. I remember discussing this here. At any rate, I have decided to watch it until the end.

Do watch it! I was an extra on it for this season and I'm really anxious to see if I get to show up! :LOL: If I do I'll take a screenshot and plaster it here :LOL:

Some general observations about 24:

Not only are there a lot of moles, a lot of Americans help the bad guys carry out attacks against the US, on US soil.

Jack of course stops them from being horrible but they nevertheless carry out attacks which would be considered unthinkable.
Yeah, same formula repeated over and over. It's kind of a guilty pleasure for me, because I find it annoying, as I said, but I also like to watch it.

Back