The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I remember Christopher Hitchens telling a story from the height of The Troubles. He was stopped at a checkpoint and asked if he was Catholic or Protestant. When he responded that he was an atheist, they then asked "Catholic atheist or Protestant atheist?"

Well I can promise you that Belfast is currently a much nicer place to live and work at. I love it :)

Yes, you'll probably see the odd manifestation of the past (most likely around the 12th of July) but it's pretty much invisible nowdays.

Aye, well I do intend on visiting some time soon. I'm English, so Ireland's practically on my doorstep, but I've never been.

It's been quite a rough couple of years for me in a few ways, certainly financially, but I'm hopeful that there might finally be a glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel full of turds and wasps.

Some trips to the likes of Ireland will be my personal symbol that I've finally built myself back up... like Bruce Wayne in Dark Knight Rises (in the interest of keeping this self indulgent post vaguely on topic :p )

The Umbrella Academy original series on Netflix is surprisingly excellent! Decide to just check it out really quick last night and couldn't tear myself away until about 4am, on episode 6 now and it just keeps getting better!

Do yourself a favor, watch it going in with as little information as possible about it. It explains itself well and that's half the fun! :D

Seriously good though, highly recommended. BRiT you still owe me a decent night's sleep! :p

The monkey looks almost Rocket Raccoon good. That said, I started watching Umbrella Academy and Narcos Mexico simultaneously and the latter is just so much more compelling. Probably because superhero burnout has kicked in rather hard for me. I also think the characters are rather one-note (or no-note in the case of Luther).

Twin Peaks, season III.

The way how people treat Dougie (Dale, actually) is really, REALLY annoying. So annoying that it's making me really nervous. Everybody seems just annoyed by Dougie's lack of speech and erratic behaviour, but hello? Nobody really questions what happened to him? If you suddenly saw your friend, colleague or even spouse in such behaviour, would you just be pissed off? Because I would be very worried, I would take him to the doctor, the police, etc.

I know Twin Peaks is a weird series, that's precisely what I liked in the previous seasons, but goddamn... This has been happening for two episodes. Now, instead of wanting to watch the next episode, I'm fearing that I won't like yet another episode, and this sucks.

Twin Peaks, season III.

The way how people treat Dougie (Dale, actually) is really, REALLY annoying. So annoying that it's making me really nervous. Everybody seems just annoyed by Dougie's lack of speech and erratic behaviour, but hello? Nobody really questions what happened to him? If you suddenly saw your friend, colleague or even spouse in such behaviour, would you just be pissed off? Because I would be very worried, I would take him to the doctor, the police, etc.

I know Twin Peaks is a weird series, that's precisely what I liked in the previous seasons, but goddamn... This has been happening for two episodes. Now, instead of wanting to watch the next episode, I'm fearing that I won't like yet another episode, and this sucks.

Keep watching!

I like it too so far though I barely saw the first ep.

Don’t forget to check out Dix Pour Cent though, it is really great. And of course watch it in French with subtitles!

Yeah, for some reason Umbrella Academy reminds me of Legion. Nothing really in common except they were unexpectedly much more fantastic than I ever could have hoped. :)

BTW - No spoilers, but I did like the end of Umbrella Academy. Endings can make or break these things, and this one just added!

That's like every episode of Legion lol

I haven't watched Legion, but unless you have seen the Season 3 of Twin Peaks and especially the Episode 8, the comparison probably aren't too valid :) That episode is a bit "out there" Impossible to imagine a whole series could be even remotely close to that kind of weirdness.

I was watching TWD last night and man the picture is absolute garbage, these cable companies need to get their 4k ready to go yesterday. Not only does it cost a ton of money plus have commercials but the picture quality sucks.

I only watch a couple shows anyway once my contract is up I'm gonna def get rid of it for good.

I found the picture quality on streaming TV services is far better than anything the local cable company provides, at least on YouTubeTV and even on PhiloTV.

Back