Microsoft Xbox One X Scorpio Price Prediction and Reaction

Predict Scorpio's launch price:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am disappoint.

But not entirely shocked considering how many folks said it's so premium it's easily valued at $100 more than PS 4Pro.

499 is a bit too high. Sales will be strong initially, but will die off quickly IMO, especially outside of the US. Here in Canada, that translates to >$670. :eek:

It's a nice console but priced too expensive in this day and age.
Sure the people with monies might buy it. But Imo 100 less would have sold people more on the concept.

They could have had a win (or at least a tie) if they released it at $399. At $499 they needed to provide more value add, like include Xbox Elite controller or a years worth of Xbox Games Pass.

They could have had a win (or at least a tie) if they released it at $399. At $499 they needed to provide more value add, like include Xbox Elite controller or a years worth of Xbox Games Pass.

The price was really the only negative, albeit a large negative for me.
It really puts a cloud on the entire conference to me. There was a lot to really like for the kind of games I play.

I'm definitely holding off for BF bundles with a 4K/HDR TV and if their isn't anything compelling, holding off to maybe 2018.

$499 is a really huge fumble imo.

I don't think they care if they sell any. It is a bragging point, a weapon in the console war. They just wanted the crown of "powa" at any cost. Of course they could have made it 8GB and $399. I'm not sure what extra memory is going to do for them, are they expecting new assets for games that have to run on three other consoles?Maybe just higher res buffers?

I'm not sure what extra memory is going to do for them, are they expecting new assets for games that have to run on three other consoles?Maybe just higher res buffers?

It also provides for faster game loading if not used for assets, according to what had been said the past few days. I can't find the link to it exactly now. Yeah, nothing too amazing. I don't know if it's worth $65 more than 4Pro (assuming UHD BluRay is a $35 premium).

$499. Not buying. That's all I need to say about it. Will be interested in seeing what the unit sells for in Canada, whether it'll match the exchange rate or deviate somewhat.

Wow, $599 in Canada. That's well under the exchange rate. Still a pricey console. Don't think I can go there.

What I'm seeing being shared on my Xbox Community twist is that Xbox One X will be £449 in Europe.

It also provides for faster game loading if not used for assets, according to what had been said the past few days. I can't find the link to it exactly now. Yeah, nothing too amazing. I don't know if it's worth $65 more than 4Pro (assuming UHD BluRay is a $35 premium).

Pro is going to be $349 in a day most likely, it's had a whole year to ride profits at the top and get cost reductions. I still have yet to meet a person who has ever bought a UHD BD. The market must be minuscule.

Pro is going to be $349 in a day most likely, it's had a whole year to ride profits at the top and get cost reductions. I still have yet to meet a person who has ever bought a UHD BD. The market must be minuscule.

I agree, and yet there has been info that Xbox One S gets a large lift at brick-and-mortar retail stores as a UHD 4K BluRay player. I guess it's all the folks walking into BestBuy/Walmart/Target for a new 4K TV and picking it up as an addition. They likely won't even buy any 4K UHD BluRays outside of a small handful and probably end up buying normal BluRays not knowing the difference.

Well, after reflexion... XB1/PS4 have the same price.

As already said, the gap is even larger with the Scorpio, but maybe that 450$ was dotable after all ?

I don't think they care if they sell any. It is a bragging point, a weapon in the console war. They just wanted the crown of "powa" at any cost. Of course they could have made it 8GB and $399. I'm not sure what extra memory is going to do for them, are they expecting new assets for games that have to run on three other consoles?Maybe just higher res buffers?

Not new assets, PC assets.

This seemed almost certain if Microsoft priced at $399...or even $449. But at an already $100 price diff without Sony having to do anything I'm not as certain they will drop the price..

$400 is decent value for the Pro.

$500 is decent value for Scorpio.

I know that neither of these machines are going to be game changers in the console industry - at least not in the short term - but if you pretend to be interested in performance, why aren't you prepared to pay for it?

"I want drastically improved assets and resolutions - but it shouldn't cost me anything, even though the hardware is significantly more expensive to manufacture!!"

I'm getting old. I find such whinging intolerable.

$400 is decent value for the Pro.

$500 is decent value for Scorpio.

I know that neither of these machines are going to be game changers in the console industry - at least not in the short term - but if you pretend to be interested in performance, why aren't you prepared to pay for it?

"I want drastically improved assets and resolutions - but it shouldn't cost me anything, even though the hardware is significantly more expensive to manufacture!!"

I'm getting old. I find such whinging intolerable.

yeah I agree....but Microsoft is not making it as easy of a decision as I would have hoped though.

An on sale Xbox One S with bundled game at $249.99CAD or a Xbox One X at $599.99CAD....price gap is significant enough that it makes it hard not to just go with a Xbox One S now...

Back