God of War [PS4, PC]

With Read Dead Redemption 2, Destiny 2, COD, the new Assassin's Creed I think 2017 holidays will be too crowded for releasing God of War...

Highly doubt it's releasing this year, Sony has Horizon ZD for March, GT Sport for mid year and Detroit for Holiday season, GOW4 would cannibalize Detroit for sure. It's most likely March 31st 2018. I just want an all out epic boss battle demo from E3 to show it still has its roots, looking ungodly good and that should tie me over for a good while.

Highly doubt it's releasing this year, Sony has Horizon ZD for March, GT Sport for mid year and Detroit for Holiday season, GOW4 would cannibalize Detroit for sure. It's most likely March 31st 2018. I just want an all out epic boss battle demo from E3 to show it still has its roots, looking ungodly good and that should tie me over for a good while.

Detroit is not confirmed for 2017 yet. Besides, even if it was, Sony has to have killer games by the end of the year to fight Scorpio. More than usual!

How much would GoW 4 and Detroit/CoD/Destiny etc overlap in regards to player segmentation? Do you lose players from one game to another or do double the target market and increase the sell through overall?

Personally I am no fan of GoW, so I would like to have another game to buy/play instead.

Detroit is not confirmed for 2017 yet. Besides, even if it was, Sony has to have killer games by the end of the year to fight Scorpio. More than usual!
It's part of that Exclusive PS4 games for 2017 reel like DieHard said, I think Sony is gonna go killer with PS4 Pro price cut, exclusive 3rd party bundles, and controlled leak about PS5 just to stir things up a bit. Scorpio is gonna cost a lot let's face it, something like 599? And a $300-350 Pro would wreck havoc to its sales easily.

Detroit was part of "exclusive 2017 PS4 games" youtube video that Sony released few days ago.

Shuhei Yoshida was quick to point out there is no definitive release date for that game (Detroit). And showing it as a 2017 exclusive was an error from PS UK.

This does not mean the game will not be available in 2017. But Sony doesn´t want to promisse it without a definitive release date!

It might just come out this year, promotion in Spain is already in the running somehow:).
God-Of-War-707x1024.jpg

God-Of-War-11-1024x1024.jpg

Big showing at E3 confirmed I say.

I've had a suspicion since last December based on all the info we got that GOW is still targeting 2017, most likely mid September to mid October, if so. Late October, at the latest, right before the huge holiday season. Based on released info, GOW is also very likely ahead of Detroit in development cycle.

Edit: Could be nothing, but if you notice the bottom left, it supposedly got a rating already too.

Back