The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am pretty sure that's native 4K, at least vertically, just looking at the box mail. But it could be checkerboard 4K

There is some CA that make it blurrier though.

It could be checkerboard 4k from 1920x2160 res, the foliage is the worst offender if you are looking for native 4k. It's looking amazing, but not impossible to render on a Ps4Pro.

It could be checkerboard 4k from 1920x2160 res, the foliage is the worst offender if you are looking for native 4k. It's looking amazing, but not impossible to render on a Ps4Pro.
I am not sure what you imply here. By definition checkerboard 4K is rendered from (1920*2160) pixels (or 3840*1080) but that's not the actual internal rendering resolution, I think.

In any case there will be a lot of new techs going into the game so kinda like UC4 on steroid in a sense according to the interview.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/03/the-last-us-part-ii-lot-new-tech/
During a panel at PlayStation Experience, Uncharted 4: The Lost Legacy Creative Director Shaun Escayg shared that the game will include “a lot of new tech” which is “pretty promising,” hinting to the possibility that the update to the engine used for Uncharted 4 is rather beefy. Escayg also mentioned that the game is “amazing,” and the folks at the studio are excited about it.

1:1 pixel crop from the gamersyde version

elliecas05.png

Edit: Watching the high bitrate feed, there's enough "wrong" with the trailer to confirm this is indeed running in real-time. The Ps4Pro is definitely capable of living up to that 4k feed.

omg! that looks like a painting! omg!

There's no way this is out in 2017. My guess is 2018, maybe early 2019.
Naughty Dog has had two teams since the end of Uncharted 2. The team working on The Last of Us Part II were the team that delivered TLoU Remastered in mid-2014 so late 2017 feels right. Does that feel too soon after Uncharted 4? Yes, but Uncharted 4 was delayed one calendar year so was late.

I think Sony will be urging ND to target a completion by Holiday 2017 to take the wind out of Scorpio's sails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a guess, but it's the only reasonable explanation for Ellie going on a rampage. The theme is also about "Hate" according to Neil so that'd make sense.
Joel's skin is clean, his jacket, pants, boots and hair are too pristine and clean compared to Ellie who has just gone through battle, you can see how dirty bruised and bloody her hands, arms, face and cloths are. Besides bloody you can see how warn and dirty her cloths are. Even without a battle given the lack of amenities of living like they do without a washing machine and shower he should be dirty like Ellie, yet he's so pristine and clean. The dirt and grime on her hands, and arms , and face and cloths wouldn't come from this battle but living in that world. Yet Joel comes in too clean and perfect.
And why is he showing up late to the battle long after Ellie is certain that all the men are dead and has decided to drop her guard and pick up a guitar? Ellie a seasoned combatant would only do that after several minutes of scoping out the area to make sure they all dead, she would know better than to pick up a guitar give away her position without double checking to make sure there is nobody else and they are all dead. So Joel is several minutes late to the battle. I doubt he'd take the outside position and an unseen battle outside while letting her go inside for close quarters combat, he is the stronger of the two he should be getting into the thick of things not this teenage girl. Why if there was a battle where Ellie is putting her life at risk killing a bunch of grown men would Joel saunter in so relaxed? Why doesn't Ellie stop playing guitar to see who is turning the corner when she sees him out of the corner of her eye? How does she know its Joel and not a remaining enemy?

Last edited:
What tattoo?
DRAGONS.

Joel's skin is clean, his jacket, pants, boots and hair are too pristine and clean compared to Ellie who has just gone through battle, you can see how dirty bruised and bloody her hands and arms and face are, and her cloths are all scuffed up. Why if there was a battle where Ellie is putting her life at risk killing a bunch of grown men would Joel saunter in so relaxed. Why wouldn't he the physically far stronger of the two be willing to get in the thick of things? Even without a battle given the lack of amenities of living like they do without a washing machine and shower he should be dirty like Ellie, yet he's so prestine and clean. The dirt and grime on her hands, and arms , and face and cloths wouldn't come from this battle but living in that world. Yet Joel comes in too clean and perfect. And why is he showing up late to the battle long after Ellie is certain that all the men are dead and has decided to drop her guard and pick up a guitar? A person would only do that after several minutes of scoping out the area to make sure they all dead, Ellie is a seasoned combatant by now
So she loco?

The only thing that could drive Ellie this mad is Firefly's boss bashed Joel's head in with a wired up baseball bat. She'll eventually team up with Bill, Tommy and the co for sweet vengeance.

Just watched the PSX panel and there a lot of interesting comments.

On the game's development to date

Ashley and Troy both comment they've told “so many lies” for about two-and-half years. That puts the initial green light for Part II around mid-2014 so right after the team delivered TLoU Remastered. Troy mentions that Neil outlined the his thoughts for the game (presumably the story) to him at the BAFTAs in London. The gaming BAFTAs take place in April each year so that's probably the 2014 BAFTAs given Neil says they began working on the scene in the trailer about 2 years ago.

I.e. the game has been in development for well over two years already, which bodes well for a release next year despite delivering Uncharted 4 likely being a massive distraction.

On the speculation that Joel is dead

Neil Druckmann said (twice) that The Last of Us is “about these two characters [Ellie and Joel] specifically” and that he played with the idea of different characters and it didn’t feel right. That doesn’t preclude Joel being dead and talking to Ellie from the afterlife but that feels introducing a massive hokum element for no obvious benefit. They then need to introduce a new character for Ellie to pair up with and hope that relationship is well received by fans of the original.

What I wouldn’t put past Druckmann is Joel becoming infected and succumbing to the infection over a number of realtime hours or days in the game but I believe that most of the game will feature both Ellie and Joel. He asked fans to "trust them" and they surely know that killing beloved characters will go down like a lead balloon. It's also what everybody will expect so is almost certainly what they won't do.

The only thing that could drive Ellie this mad is Firefly's boss bashed Joel's head in with a wired up baseball bat. She'll eventually team up with Bill, Tommy and the co for sweet vengeance.
The Fireflies boss you say? Isn't his name Neil Egan?

Naughty Dog has had two teams since the end of Uncharted 2. The team working on The Last of Us Part II were the team that delivered TLoU Remastered in mid-2014 so late 2017 feels right. Does that feel too soon after Uncharted 4? Yes, but Uncharted 4 was delayed one calendar year so was late.

I do not think this is an accurate description of ND's team/staffing structure. It is probably much more fluid and there are a lot of thing the general public does not know.

I do not think this is an accurate description of ND's team/staffing structure. It is probably much more fluid and there are a lot of thing the general public does not know.

Do you ever asked the nature of your reality?

Good.

This world is created not for you, and everything you do, everything you suffer, is crafted for their enjoyment.

Now get back to your loop, ellie.

The Fireflies boss you say? Isn't his name Neil Egan?
Yeah that's him alright.
33a5s3m.jpg

Do you ever asked the nature of your reality?

Good.

This world is created not for you, and everything you do, everything you suffer, is crafted for their enjoyment.

Now get back to your loop, ellie.
I would tell her to freeze and shut all her motor functions at that moment;).

Just watched the PSX panel and there a lot of interesting comments.

On the speculation that Joel is dead

Neil Druckmann said (twice) that The Last of Us is “about these two characters [Ellie and Joel] specifically” and that he played with the idea of different characters and it didn’t feel right. That doesn’t preclude Joel being dead and talking to Ellie from the afterlife but that feels introducing a massive hokum element for no obvious benefit. They then need to introduce a new character for Ellie to pair up with and hope that relationship is well received by fans of the original.

What I wouldn’t put past Druckmann is Joel becoming infected and succumbing to the infection over a number of realtime hours or days in the game but I believe that most of the game will feature both Ellie and Joel. He asked fans to "trust them" and they surely know that killing beloved characters will go down like a lead balloon. It's also what everybody will expect so is almost certainly what they won't do.
I'm thinking this is later in the game. The game may begin around this scene, but then you travel back to prior (maybe a couple weeks or months prior) and play out the events that lead up to this scene. Maybe the final chapter of the game revolves around this scene in the trailer. So many games do this, the latest being FF15.

Back