Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

The crazy damage sniper is good? I never thought of using that against the tanks... but yeah, I have it. The Brennan I think it's called. But I would have to fulton it in...

No, there's still the potential for you to get one of the endings including the "real" ending if you do the right things. Most of the missions from there on out, however, are repeats of previous missions, except with restrictions placed on how you do the mission. There are still a few (not many) original missions, I think.

Regards,
SB

Really?!
And here I am rushing to mission 29 because of the disease, when the game has but a handful missions more?
My tech tree is like at 25%.. I thought there would at least be another map besides Angola and Afghanistan.

What a letdown..

There's no chapter 3 right?

But I think I know the battle you described.

It became much easier when you are lush with money and just spam artillery :D

Or if you have that crazy damage sniper I forgot the name.

Too bad Pequot is really useless in this battle. It always dead in seconds.
That's my way out of every difficult situation. Either sleep bomb them and Fulton everything or just bomb the whole place.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Still haven't completed this. :oops: Kind of embarrassing since I consider myself a huge Metal Gear Solid fan...

Anyway - somewhere Chapter 3, the big warzone mission, you know, fighting lots of tanks etc.

Any advice?

It's just bloody tough. Somewhere half way through, there's a checkpoint, upon which I've been quite successful by laying some C4 to eliminate two tanks, then the helicopter, but then after battling the chopper, I seem to either die from mortar strikes, then last time Quiet died on me, and the time before that, Quiet kills me by luring the enemy to my PERFECT hiding spot by throwing a supply drop signal beacon, glow stick, whatever it is, literally NEXT TO ME and lighting my ass up like a big giant christmas tree with green smoke... the result being about 10 mortars raining in on my position 5 seconds after that, killing me instantly -> Yeah, thanks Quiet, nice move there. :rolleyes:

Rinse and repeat, Snake is crawling around the battlefield, fultoning the tanks out, yes, only one more to go but then this fricking freak missile comes out of nowhere - dead again. I mean seriously? It's like the game doesn't want me to compete this game. :(

How did you guys do it? Fulton out everything? Kill Quiet to avoid her sabotage you then do it on your own? C4? Or is there some secret weapon, cause the RPG I'm using only has like 7 shots...
Hey ! Don't worry there. Another huge MGS fan and I too haven't finished it yet. I play a mission or two and wait for a week or two , keeping the last MGS going for a looooong time :) !
Yeah, fandom has weird hues !

Do some people cheat on FOB inflitrations? Some people infiltrate me multiple times without me infiltrating them back. How is that possible??

Do some people cheat on FOB inflitrations? Some people infiltrate me multiple times without me infiltrating them back. How is that possible??

Yes on PC. Not sure about consoles. I guess it would depend on how susceptible MGS V on console is to save file manipulation. I know people on console do it for Diablo 3 on console which then pollutes the multiplayer experience for other players, so I assume it can be done on console as well. Outside of that I don't think you can do some of the cheats that are possible on PC, but save manipulation already opens up a lot of ways to cheat in the game (single and multiplayer). Or at least it used to. I haven't paid attention to it since I stopped playing it quite a few months ago. It's also why I never enabled FOBs on my game. Multiplayer infiltrations could greatly impact your single player experience, especially if you didn't play for a few days or weeks.

Regards,
SB

Yes on PC. Not sure about consoles. I guess it would depend on how susceptible MGS V on console is to save file manipulation. I know people on console do it for Diablo 3 on console which then pollutes the multiplayer experience for other players, so I assume it can be done on console as well. Outside of that I don't think you can do some of the cheats that are possible on PC, but save manipulation already opens up a lot of ways to cheat in the game (single and multiplayer). Or at least it used to. I haven't paid attention to it since I stopped playing it quite a few months ago. It's also why I never enabled FOBs on my game. Multiplayer infiltrations could greatly impact your single player experience, especially if you didn't play for a few days or weeks.

Regards,
SB
I am on console. And it pisses me off :mad:

Hey ! Don't worry there. Another huge MGS fan and I too haven't finished it yet. I play a mission or two and wait for a week or two , keeping the last MGS going for a looooong time :) !
Yeah, fandom has weird hues !

Yep, basically the same for me. Metal gear solid is all about the journey (superb gameplay), not the final destination (being a long time since I stopped caring about Meta Gear stories).

Regards,
SB

save editing is easy peazy in PS3 and X360. Currently its impossible to do on PS4 and X1.

the annoying thing is that KONAMI are lazy in the banning. In Dragon's Dogma, Bandai Namco do bans in waves.

Boys, i got this in my steam library. Do I need to play the XBLA game first to get an idea of how to play?

Is this a PC game that's meant to be played on a controller or can I use kb/m with ease?

Boys, i got this in my steam library. Do I need to play the XBLA game first to get an idea of how to play?

Is this a PC game that's meant to be played on a controller or can I use kb/m with ease?

KB/M is fine. That's what I used.

If you mean MGS: Ground Zeroes, you don't have to, although it can unlock some minor NPCs and costumes. And there's some story that is tied to MGS: The Phantom Pain. It's pretty short though so it's not a big deal to do it first. Although you can spend a lot of time trying to unlock everything.

Regards,
SB

Thanks SB! I no longer have the time to unlock things so just a normal run through is the best I can do for games.

I'd recommend just a quick run through Ground Zeroes then purely for story reasons. It shouldn't take more than an hour at the most, IMO and does have some story elements that lead upto and tie into The Phantom Pain.

Gameplay is slightly different between Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain so it won't necessarily help from a gameplay perspective, however. So it just depends on how much you care about the story.

Regards,
SB

I'd recommend just a quick run through Ground Zeroes then purely for story reasons. It shouldn't take more than an hour at the most, IMO and does have some story elements that lead upto and tie into The Phantom Pain.

Gameplay is slightly different between Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain so it won't necessarily help from a gameplay perspective, however. So it just depends on how much you care about the story.

Regards,
SB
It will certainly take less than 30 minutes even for the first time unless he wants to explore the environment.

Btw Ground Zeros appears to be slightly better looking than Phantom Pain. Rain and lighting are more pronounced, the tends react to wind, enemies wear raincoats when whether is cold and rainy and I the enemy models may have better geometry?

So I just did mission 31 and the story continues, so.. it doesn't end at mission 31 at all?

I understand that some missions from now on will be similar to the first 30, but it's not like we're just doing the same things without the narrative being advanced.
The game is great after all :)

Back