AMD: Pirate Islands (R* 3** series) Speculation/Rumor Thread

It seems I got here too late. Where can I find the full presentation?

Well, the 980 Ti pretty much sells for the same price, give or take $20, doesn't it? If Fury X is only a bit faster, AMD can't expect people to pay significantly more, especially if NVIDIA decides to drop the price by $50, which they might.

Sure they can....
1) It's water cooled
2) It's HBM
3) Highest performance commands a premium... Titan X, etc...

Even it just wins buy a small margin, that's certainly enough to ask $749+ for it, IMHO. If you want others to value your brand, you have to value yourself first...

Sure they can....
1) It's water cooled
2) It's HBM
3) Highest performance commands a premium... Titan X, etc...
Even it just wins buy a small margin, that's certainly enough to ask $749+ for it, IMHO. If you want others to value your brand, you have to value yourself first...

It might fit into the $749 price level, but then it'd compete with the 980ti hybrid water solutions.

Fury Nano definitely the star of the show. If that little thing beats 290X with THAT cooler I'm impressed.

U2Rucxg.jpg

The FuryX will be considerably more expensive to make than the GTX 980 Ti, so they can't undercut it in price. Performance will probably be very similar.

If it'd beat it, they'd ask a higher price: for the first time I can remember, AMD has a GPU that looks amazing. I think a lot of people will want to buy it just for its good looks.

If they had the best performance, you'd expect them to shout that from the roofs with fancy bar graphs...

Im not sure that this is the production cost who really lead the the 980TI, let alone TitanX prices.

Whatever is the performance of the AMD one, equal or better, AMD could well anticipate a down in price of the Nvidia one, im not sure they want then decrease the MSRP of their gpu 2 weeks after the launch.

One could say that if it was slower, they will have priced the card under 600$ ..

But you could be right about the performance. I dont know the numbers.

Does this nano gpu really contain 8.9Billions of transistors ? that look so small.

Last edited:
Just to get this out there:
- The aircooled version of the Fury (non-X) has the same price as a regular GTX 980.

GM200-beating or not, AMD is already undercutting nVidia in the GM204's price.

The FuryX will be considerably more expensive to make than the GTX 980 Ti, so they can't undercut it in price.
Citation needed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back