XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

The games also showed up under "My Games and Apps" all the way to the right under the "Ready to be Installed" section.
I saw them in the quest list. Thankss for the info, now I am going to download them. It might take a while, should paly it another day, my connection is really slow -ISP issues, probably the weather these last days-

So, still no way to play Gunvalkyrie, Otogi, Blood Wake, etc. without original hardware, huh?
Eventually, the remaining OG Xbox systems will die and these games will blink out of existence forever, since it seems it's impossible to create an emulator for the original Xbox outside of the limited one on the 360.

I am missing Sony, too many kids running around and dinner. But I did go look for where I hid my 360 games and have them installing now.

Just powered up the XBOX One to find a video on BC on there. They are flat out calling it "emulation" and it would also seem that the 360 emulated dashboard is shipping within the game, rather than being resident as part of the XBOX One OS, which would be a reason why a new digital download is required.

And I just put Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise into the drive and it tells me its downloading the 5.7GB update (game). Heh.

So I know this is supposed to be more of a technical thread, but I thought we could share our first hand experiences with using it. Perhaps it will give some insights into what they did or didn't do.

Emulation is what they said on the live after video deal, makes me wonder if they could put this up on PC with some sort of min spec requirement.

So far played a few Rare games (erm watched my son play really) and the FPS looked great. Maybe my eyes are off, but the games looked really sharp and smooth. Can't find Mass Effect yet, I probably lent it out. Hehe

Edit: Yes it is downloading, so I wonder what magic MS has done with the original binaries(?) to make them better work with the software emulator. The guide is cool, but sadly no Media Center.

I'd wager the most "tweaking" for this EMU resides on the CPU side of the house given the lineage of the GPU side. Moving to the PC would probably put a very specific set of requirements on for the GPU likely limiting to one vendor and specific architectural requirements.

Here's the Interview video on backward compatibility:

Is this still preview members only? If so would some one mind sending me an invite (xexuxjy) , thanks.

it would be interesting to see a comparison using Mass Effect, since it seems to be one of the most demanding games on the list and it had a few performance issues on the original Xbox 360

From what I remember about the original Xbox to 360 emulation; all of the emulation libaries were present on the HDD when you purchased the machine. I get the impression the 360-One emulation is on a game-by-game basis, you download all of the game's files including some 360 OS files.

So I guess game specific emulation files cannot be downloaded as a batch file.

Back