The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2015 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the MS press conference at this year's E3.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/ -- Watch on Xbox, Xbox.Com, or Spike TV.

Monday, June 15, 2015 World-Clock Event Times

9:30 AM - 11:30 AM PDT
12:30 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC

Watch Live Here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3
http://youtube.com/user/xbox
http://www.twitch.tv/xbox

(provide links in replies and I'll include them!)

Also, each day from June 15 to June 17 from 4pm - 5pm PDT, Xbox Daily will have Live coverage of the breaking news, exclusive announcements, trailer reveals, game demos, and interviews with game creators,

SoSiOEX.jpg

5ymsQvc.jpg

Could well be nothing but Jeff Cannata on the newest DLC podcast E3 preview was kinda hinting what could be construed as having knowledge of Microsoft megatons and/or big surprises at E3.

Here's my attempt at a transcript of the most relevant parts:

Jeff (discussing MS, Sony, Nintendo e3) "There's some things that I know that I cant talk about and that is problematic for me in this position, but I will say this"-Is interrupted by other discussion for about 5 minutes.

They get back to what he said after the five minutes. Christian Spicer to Jeff: "What you're hinting at, is that Microsoft has a big secret" then Christian talks about how MS is predictable with H5, TR, Gears etc.

Jeff (seeming to speak carefully) "I think Microsoft is gonna...I could eat my words but I think people are gonna be blown away by what Microsoft shows, And I think people are gonna be very surprised by what Nintendo shows"

I really have no idea what that could be if it's true or meaningful. Maybe some kind of crazy Oculus partnership?

One of my first thoughts was $299, but since they just announced the terabyte console at 399 that seems out.

And software of course, nothing really comes to mind. Maybe something core from Rare? Like a new Banjo game? Given they just blew their wad on TR, hard to imagine them forking up the cash buy even another notable 3rd party exclusive.

Out of all that stuff the Rare thing strikes me as the most plausible.

Of course it could all be nothing, but E3 megaton speculation is fun imo.

Last edited:
Jeff (seeming to speak carefully) "I think Microsoft is gonna...I could eat my words but I think people are gonna be blown away by what Microsoft shows, And I think people are gonna be very surprised by what Nintendo shows"

Nintendo making games on XBO! Confirmed.

probably not. :p

Regards,
SB

znajg3W.jpg

CHcTfahUAAAppGa.jpg

CHcRPTbUMAEwcmc.jpg

CHcH2sdUkAAoQ_o.jpg

CHcK7HyUMAA00Vr.jpg

How should they be opening the conference with? I hope it begins with Halo 5.

I really have no idea what that could be if it's true or meaningful. Maybe some kind of crazy Oculus partnership?

One of my first thoughts was $299, but since they just announced the terabyte console at 399 that seems out.

And software of course, nothing really comes to mind. Maybe something core from Rare? Like a new Banjo game? Given they just blew their wad on TR, hard to imagine them forking up the cash buy even another notable 3rd party exclusive.
This is fun! Okay, blown away by something shown...

Price is not something shown or to be blown away about.
Oculus partnership was already anounced and many media already assuming rift is compatible with xbox. It's just expected.
Could be a new game.

My guess is a cloud rendering demo being shown using a rack of nodes wired locally for the demo (nothing similar to a normal user connection), it's definitely something to be blown away with such a setup. Good marketing. No need for any info besides the name of the technology.

Could well be nothing but Jeff Cannata on the newest DLC podcast E3 preview was kinda hinting what could be construed as having knowledge of Microsoft megatons and/or big surprises at E3.

Here's my attempt at a transcript of the most relevant parts:

Jeff (discussing MS, Sony, Nintendo e3) "There's some things that I know that I cant talk about and that is problematic for me in this position, but I will say this"-Is interrupted by other discussion for about 5 minutes.

They get back to what he said after the five minutes. Christian Spicer to Jeff: "What you're hinting at, is that Microsoft has a big secret" then Christian talks about how MS is predictable with H5, TR, Gears etc.

Out of all that stuff the Rare thing strikes me as the most plausible.

Of course it could all be nothing, but E3 megaton speculation is fun imo.
Hype train, get in, I am in.
SelfassuredEveryBluemorphobutterfly.gif

hope there are megatonews

I'm guessing the Microsoft megaton might be Shenmue 3. Right up Spencer's alley.

Also I think I saw on GAF something about Gears Remaster possibly coming in August. That'd be awesome.

Nintendo third-party is just a dream; however, I would not mind seeing this happen as it has been really hard to justify a Wii-U to the family after the Wii.

32 new indie titles showed up on Xbox channel on Youtube...

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox/videos

Tommy McClain

Back