The Order: 1886

More evidence that if you blur the graphics they look more convincing xD.

Yeah too much blur for my taste. And I could do without the black bars as well. But I can at least understand that, as it's there for performance reasons, otherwise the PS4 wouldn't be able to run with those graphics. And I guess the blur would allow them to use lower res textures since you wouldn't be able to see them very well anyway.

Regards,
SB

Yeah too much blur for my taste. And I could do without the black bars as well. But I can at least understand that, as it's there for performance reasons, otherwise the PS4 wouldn't be able to run with those graphics. And I guess the blur would allow them to use lower res textures since you wouldn't be able to see them very well anyway.

Regards,
SB

Rad have stated multiple times that the order can be full 1920x1080 without the bars and msaa, it would be less intensive bandwith wise than 1920x800 with x4msaa, but they just wanted the game in this aspect ratio for filmic presentation, even the concept art are with black bars! And the textures are very high resolution for me! Who have seen the game at the showfloor can confirm this!

Regards,
SB

And you know this how?

Because you don't agree with the artistic direction doesn't mean the hardware performance isn't there.

It's a combination of a ton of elements. I'll break out a couple:

1) Lens
We stripped away the ability for lighting and FX to author full screen effects that are normal determined by a camera lens.

We created lens profiles/templates that set:

Lens curvature
Vignetting
Etc,

Both the gameplay cameras and cinematic cameras use these lenses templates.

2) We use depth of field for both in-game and cinematics. For the cinematics we animated the reference depth and "focus pull" as if it was a movie. For gameplay we set the reference depth based on what you are doing -- in cover we pull it in to further emphasize your limited visibility.

Apparently, he is a RAD dev:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=142243294

Regards,
SB
You understand nothing really, the high quality per object motion blur itself is processing intensive, plus most of the textures are already high res as it is. The game is rendering at 1:1 pixel ratio to the TV so it won't be upscaled to hell and back unlike Ryse or AC Unity on consoles.

Yeah I hope we get a HQ full walkrhough of the airship demo soon, YT just don't do this game any justice at all. Was playing UC4 gamersyde's video on my 65" last night and boy it looked almost twice as better on a TV than my monitor.

Actually the Twitch stream saturday night on my 42" wasn't bad as well either. Same for the The Order trailer. My only critical note is that the shooting in that kitchen didn't look that nice. The movements of the characters felt a bit restricted, like they move in 90 degree angles and the AI of the bad guys didn't look that great.

Actually the Twitch stream saturday night on my 42" wasn't bad as well either. Same for the The Order trailer. My only critical note is that the shooting in that kitchen didn't look that nice. The movements of the characters felt a bit restricted, like they move in 90 degree angles and the AI of the bad guys didn't look that great.
It would be awesome if you can use the thermite gun in the kitchen, imagine the chaos and mess it would create with all the appliances sent flying and melting.

Yep. Looks just as impressive as ever. Still looks just as uninspired as ever in terms of gameplay, though. Here's a big-ass zepellin, so how about we play a tired game of whack-a-mole in its kitchen section ... which looks just like a regular kitchen. We're only gonna use regular-ass guns too. Wouldn't wanna go too crazy now, wouldn't we. It's not like we're set in a steampunk world where Werewolfs are a thing. Oh, wait.

Yep. Looks just as impressive as ever. Still looks just as uninspired as ever in terms of gameplay, though. Here's a big-ass zepellin, so how about we play a tired game of whack-a-mole in its kitchen section ... which looks just like a regular kitchen.

Yeah... I guess I was thinking they would do something a tad more interesting, like fighting on top of the blimp with the clouds & lighting being shown off. (Was kinda thinking of that Ninja Gaiden boss fight). Oh well.

Showing off an even narrower corridor felt a bit underwhelming along with the seemingly narrow FOV as well (given the wide-aspect ratio).

With the way RAD is designing the gameplay, I think they're going for a very grounded scenario rather than over the top Gears of war, Uncharted action sequence. The game is trying to give you a sense of realism, vulnerability and believability so that it goes along with the graphics style. It might be restricting the cerativity in a way but I think it fits the bill and sure makes it look unique. I do wish to see some more explorable levels, maybe in a town with npcs on a rainy day, or a Lycan cavern.

I think that you are right ultragpu, they try to make the world as convincing and as believable and self-consistent as possible (of course, there are no Lycans in reality, but I guess everyone knows what it is about).

But this might hurt them of course wrt to the over-the-top-action fans out there, who like Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta action. I like both and thus, I am looking really forward to experience The Order. I am certain now, that the Order will have the same reviews and critiques as Ryse back then...

Well, I'm sure the shootout in the kitchen was grounded, but I'm not sure that is the sort of gameplay to keep me interested for 10 hours (or however long the game is). They've shown so little of the gameplay, I'm just a little puzzled as to what the final product will be.

I am certain now, that the Order will have the same reviews and critiques as Ryse back then...

I thought that was a bad thing. :s

Sorry, but the dumbest thing one could possibly do is try and ground a game about some steampunk-ish order knights who are battling Werewolfs in reality. This is still a game and not a bloody movie. It's also clearly an action game, and there's a difference between grounded action and by-the-numbers boring action.

But battling humans on top of a zeppelin is grounded action? Zeppelins back then in time used hydrogen to fill the balloon...don't shoot :) like Mr von Hindenburg :cool:

But I get it, you guys just don't like this game. Ok.

But battling humans on top of a zeppelin is grounded action? Zeppelins back then in time used hydrogen to fill the balloon...don't shoot :) like Mr von Hindenburg :cool:

I don't want grounded! They have an amazing renderer. Show it off! :)

I'm trying, in the vein of Gears, but it doesn't seem to hold as much weight.

And yes, I do hold lack of co-op as an issue.

And yes, I was supremely skeptical of Gears in 2005 (wtf is a TPS and gas station)

Yeah, coop is really a problem for me as well. It would have fitted perfectly imo and to be honest, would have helped sales of this game a lot (need two version to play coop :))

But it gives me the Gears 1 feeling so far. People report that the shooting feels weighty and the hit detection feels quite satisfying...this is a plus for me. But I guess, we'll see!

And I also hope that there are sections in this game, were the only purpose is to show of the game engine :cool:

You're right . I don't like it so far. And judging by just about every preview I've read, so does nobody else really. It just seems like an enormous waste of a cool setting at this point.

But people don't jump the gun now, you haven't played the whole game yet or even close to see a fraction of what it has to offer. At least wait for the reviews before tear it down to pieces, the GOW games they made are fun so there's no reason to think they couldn't make this game fun also. Personally I wouldn't mind playing this just for the graphics and show off to my mates, coz you know it's the closest thing to CGI in a realtime game world ever.

Personally I like some games being down to earth sometimes. Science fiction and ridiculosity arent necessary synonyms. Science fiction and realism can shake hands though.

Back