Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played Uncharted in years, but this basically looks how I remember it looking on PS3. The foliage is obviously improved, but the rest looks the same. I'm sure if I fired up UC3 now it'd look far less impressive than UC4 and less impressive than I remember it, but competing against my memories of the franchise, UC4 isn't wowing me.

Also, the AI and gun-combat is still a bit lacking. What's the point of spraying bullets at an open enemy if you can't scare them into finding cover? If they aren't going to respond to the threat of getting shot, either save your bullets and melee them, or aim and shoot them. But the blind-firing/hip-shooting suppressive fire mechanic serves no purpose at the moment AFAICS. It should be used to control enemy movement, so they seek cover instead of standing in the open giving Nate a chance to move.

Fantastic. Such a significant upgrade of visuals and animations over previous Uncharted games. And more importantly, the firefight took place in such a interesting environment, lots of foliage [I liked when falling soldier made foliage move during his fall from the cliff], improved stealth, and verticality in which player needs to worry about enemies coming from all sides and elevations. Small set-piece moves [mud sliding into jumping punch, rope swing into punch, melee fight that utilizes environment] were integrated into regular firefights so seamlessly.

Great job ND! I cant's wait for E3 when they will surely show some big set-piece scene where traditionally something big has to be destroyed. They usually showed Uncharted games at E3 with such amazing scenes, but this time they unveiled gameplay 6 months earlier with 15 min demo with more ordinary traversal/gunfight events.

Gameplay is Excellent, Graphics not so much. the 60 fps choice is definitely hurting them. Lighting and Shadowing are basically like last gen PC quality, After AC Unity's GL lighting it is very hard to become impressed with any lesser quality. The game also lacks post processing goodness, Quantum Breaks looks definitely better overall.
At the moment they are 30fps. If they are able to amp this to 60 it would be very impressive. It is imo on par graphically among the best of games running at 30Hz, when concerning consoles.

Just noticed, even his shirt moves with the wind ! Awesome ! :cool:

and still can't believe ppl think this can be done on a ps3 , this was B3D last time I checked :p .The very first Vista screams next-gen !

What i have started doubtnig is the AI. THe AI can't be this dynamic, can it? It looks completely scripted, every movement.

ND usually mix scripted and free ai. like they mix how drake's "hands-ai" touch some stuff if you walk close. like when enemy scream he's on the ledge. i suspect the enemy wont always notice you but if they do notice, it will do scripted events then back to free ai.

so, the live demo was different from these videos, in the sense that these videos online are a different recording of the same demo area. ALso, this shows the very quick loading time :) ! No more spinning rings forever :p

Do we have a recodrding of the live demo? Then we can see if the AI behaved differently or not.

But this is in all UC games...wrt climbing, Drake has been bitten by a mutant spider :)

I'm not criticizing lol. I played Uncharted 3 so I know how the game plays. I'm just still taken back at the jumps this dude makes. It's whatever tho... Not going to make a big deal out of it.

Uncharted 4 looks pretty good.

so, the live demo was different from these videos, in the sense that these videos online are a different recording of the same demo area. ALso, this shows the very quick loading time :) ! No more spinning rings forever :p

Do we have a recodrding of the live demo? Then we can see if the AI behaved differently or not.
I saw that section live and I immediately thought "o man that is so painful. I feel sorry for the guy who was playing it"

If you are talking about Crysis 3 at high...I agree :)
Yeah, Exactly.
Last gen PC? What is a last gen PC?
Crysis 3 (@High, Ultra still looks mildly impressive) Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3 or 4( 4 is basically a slightly enhanced 3), Metro Last Light. Lighting wise we have moved passed these titles with the advent of Ryse, AC Unity, The Order, Quantum Break, Infamous, The Witcher 3, FF 15 and all the titles that will be using the extraordinary UE4 engine.
Current Gen consoles. ;)
In a way yeah.
Are they really going to be 60 FPS? I still cant imagine they'd hold too that. Seems really silly. I dont agree with it for Halo 5 either, but at least there it makes sense for multiplayer. In this series, which is basically first and foremost a graphics showcase anyway, and doesn't need 60, it's really dumb.
I agree.
At the moment they are 30fps. If they are able to amp this to 60 it would be very impressive. It is imo on par graphically among the best of games running at 30Hz, when concerning consoles.
I just assumed it's 60 considering the E3 trailer was 60fps. If they are targeting 30 then they have their work cut out for them to increase the visual quality to a competing level.

Uncharted 4 is my last hope for a high fidelity game at 60fps. If what we saw yesterday is only running at 30 when it's released, I'll be very disappointed. It wasn't all that impressive.

Uncharted 4 is my last hope for a high fidelity game at 60fps. If what we saw yesterday is only running at 30 when it's released, I'll be very disappointed. It wasn't all that impressive.

This is not going to be 60Hz....at mos imot, something like Infamous Second Son...

I'm not criticizing lol. I played Uncharted 3 so I know how the game plays. I'm just still taken back at the jumps this dude makes. It's whatever tho... Not going to make a big deal out of it.

Uncharted 4 looks pretty good.
Actually, this aspect of UC series is the only thing that annoys me a bit...it sometimes just looks hilarious...but what can you do :)

I really recommend to download the color corrected HQ version of the UC4 gameplay @gamersyde.
This game looks amazing.

After seeing the high quality version: holy shit at the melee waterfall scene: his pants only get wet where actually water touches it...then after he hits an enemy with a punch, a big splash of water appeared...wow!

I thought Infamous Second Son IQ was insane... but UC4 just gobbles it up in that department. Plus, the multiple shadowing techniques look gorgeous...

http://a.pomf.se/aqakkj.gif

Edit: Just wow... (FYI: The lady on the right is from ACU, being compared)

BRwZkny.jpg

503d7a-1417962788.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back