New PS4 Smell

Yeah. I think I might just block my PS4 through the firewall tonight just to see what happens and how it looks like. PSN outtages on PS3 were very noticable, so I'm quite interested to see how it looks and how it's handled on the PS4 if I am to experience them. I also find it a bit more difficult to see if someone has texted me or if I have received a notification if I miss the pop-up. Perhaps I just have to get used to it.

One other thing I've noticed:

- no way to see when a user was last online?
- still no "delete all" option for messages and notifications?

Yeah. I think I might just block my PS4 through the firewall tonight just to see what happens and how it looks like.
I must say I've not noticed any real difference between my first hours (no PSN) and since. Maybe when my friend list is a bit busier - thanks for the friend request BTW :)

I also find it a bit more difficult to see if someone has texted me or if I have received a notification if I miss the pop-up. Perhaps I just have to get used to it.

One other thing I've noticed:

- no way to see when a user was last online?
- still no "delete all" option for messages and notifications?

Yeah, it's fairly bare bones right now. I can't believe they overlooked "user X was last online 2 days ago" status. Hopefully, they'll add notification preferences in future firmware updates. I'd like more prominent notifications on the home screen and the option to change to in game notifications so they are less easily missed.

You also can't delete errors. If you look in Settings -> System -> Error log you'll see the error list can't be deleted either, not even individually. I have two error SU-20733-6 reports which you get if you prompt the PS4 to update and it's already on the current firmware. Not sure that's really an error, just an obsessive owner :)

When I was looking at my trophy list last night (ahh my precioussss), I realised that the times listed for me playing games were all wrong. For instance I played KZ:SF for a bit and then CoD. But it listed me as having played CoD 2 hours ago and KZ 15mins ago.

PSN was almost unaccessible for me the weekend of the launch, the 1.51 update took about 90 minutes and everything else Contrast, Resogun, Warframe, DC and all the apps literally showed up in the queue with estimates ranging from 12 hours to 99 hours. By that Monday things were slightly better and now I can use services like Netflix and online gaming although I frequently get disconnected in Warframe after completing a MP mission. I'd say it happens at least 20% of the time, it almost never happens during the mission so fortunately we can complete it but it sucks to be working with a good group of players where everyone knows their roles and making progress only to be left behind bc of disconnects although that could just as well be issues with the game itself.

PSN was almost unaccessible for me the weekend of the launch, the 1.51 update took about 90 minutes and everything else Contrast, Resogun, Warframe, DC and all the apps literally showed up in the queue with estimates ranging from 12 hours to 99 hours. By that Monday things were slightly better and now I can use services like Netflix and online gaming although I frequently get disconnected in Warframe after completing a MP mission. I'd say it happens at least 20% of the time, it almost never happens during the mission so fortunately we can complete it but it sucks to be working with a good group of players where everyone knows their roles and making progress only to be left behind bc of disconnects although that could just as well be issues with the game itself.

Where are you located in the world. Everything just worked for me during Saturday and Sunday. And downloads were quick etc..

PSN was down on saturday in the evening. And I couldn't access my PSN account on friday morning. Beyond that no problems. This is in the Netherlands.

Is it just me or is there no cloud saving on PS4?

Also I received a friends request, but right now it doesn't say who's friends request. It just gets added to the list of friends requests which I hadn't bothered to reject. So it was added to a list of 10 others, and I didn't know which the new one was. Then I went back to PS3 to find it, and there it had the name, dates and everything. I hope we can least get basic PS3 functionally back sometime soon.

PSN was down on saturday in the evening. And I couldn't access my PSN account on friday morning. Beyond that no problems. This is in the Netherlands.

Is it just me or is there no cloud saving on PS4?

Also I received a friends request, but right now it doesn't say who's friends request. It just gets added to the list of friends requests which I hadn't bothered to reject. So it was added to a list of 10 others, and I didn't know which the new one was. Then I went back to PS3 to find it, and there it had the name, dates and everything. I hope we can least get basic PS3 functionally back sometime soon.

You should be able to see the id of the sender when you open the friend request.

You should be able to see the id of the sender when you open the friend request.

Yes, but not which friends requests is the new one or when it was send. Because of that, out of the 10 friends requests I didn't know who send the last one.

Yes, but not which friends requests is the new one or when it was send. Because of that, out of the 10 friends requests I didn't know who send the last one.

The Notification icon will show the received time of all the incoming requests and messages.

If you view the requests from the Friends icon, it won't show the received time.

EDIT: Oh why is it so *%$(*(%$) cold in California today ?

Any news on potential games by Pixeljunk? I already miss my Racers, Eden and Shooter :(

Btw there seems to be bug in the PS4;

If you change your name and surname, it seems the PS4 still uses the first / old entry in the 'What's new' page and some other sections - though login name (top right), controller-name all show the correct one.

Arwin: Could you confirm if you can see "Phil" or "Philip" under my name (since you're the only one who sent me a name-request :D). Thanks.

Back