PS4 Day One Games

Dance Club is free. There's a bunch of F2P games to check out.

So... I'll be getting Knack, Second Son, and~ "Killzone: Mall Cops vs Lab Assistants". :runaway:

Can't wait !

EDIT:
Yeah... and WatchDog possibly.

Crossing out BF4 and replacing AC4 at the moment, maybe even give that new UFC game a go just to see the muscle deformation and sweats.

For me it's gonna be Killzone:SF, and start on the campaign on that - day one, and I think Watchdogs and Drive Club will be in my download quee day one.

Even tough I'm not much of a online-gamer anymore - I'm really starting to dig how War Thunder looks, it looks really deep after I saw a quick look of the PC-version on Giantbomb.

Also I think I will get some budget-games - i.e. indie goodness for shorter gameplay-sessions.

Blacklight Retibution confiremd 1080 with highest PC settings :

We have all the PC settings cranked up to their highest setting on the PlayStation 4, so it holds up great! We are really happy how the transition between high end PC and PlayStation 4 works for us.”
Gerritzen also confirmed that the game is “currently at 1080p, and as the game evolves” they are “targeting the highest frame rates possible.”
Blacklight: Retribution launches on November 15th worldwide for the PlayStation 4 and won’t require PlayStation Plus to enjoy.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/blacklight-re...hest-highest-fps-targeted#tPOS4ZMys0UD9LBD.99
Thank the Gaming Gods!

Anyone knows what res WarThunder runs at? Thats one F2P game I amdefinitely going to play along with Planetside 2.

Reconsidering Knack after trying the demo. Character movement and dodging is constrained, and a lot of the encounters feel too claustrophobic as well since the environments are pretty small.

I thought the small playing area is intentional. It forces the player to deal with the enemies as opposed to run away and then come back to chip the enemies' health slowly.

What may be more disappointing is the fixed camera.

Since we're almost there and the line up has changed I thought I'd put up an updated list.

PlayRoom [18]
DiveKick [8]
Escape Plan (Cross-Buy) [9]
flOw (Cross-Buy) [10]
Flower (Cross-Buy) [11]
Minecraft [16]
Putty Squad [19]
Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy) [21]
Super Motherload [22]
Tiny Brains [23]
Blacklight: Retribution [6]
DC Universe Online*
War Thunder [25]
Contrast [7]
Resogun [20]
Angry Birds Star Wars [3]
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [4]
Battlefield 4 [5]
Call of Duty: Ghosts*
FIFA 14*
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition [12]
Just Dance 2014 [13]
Killzone Shadow Fall [14]
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes*
Madden NFL 25*
NBA 2K14*
NBA Live 14*
Need for Speed: Rivals
Skylanders Swap Force*
Knack [15]
Pinball Arcade
Warframe

So that's 32 games available on launch day. With Need for Speed replacing Driveclub.

According to SpikeTV there will be some more games announced on the 14th.

Last edited by a moderator:
So right of the bat I get Contrast, Resogun, Flower, Flow, Escape Plan, and Playroom ... and then I want to buy Killzone, LEGO, AC4 and NFS Rivals ... Haven't experienced a launch like this in a while, I must say.

So right of the bat I get Contrast, Resogun, Flower, Flow, Escape Plan, and Playroom ... and then I want to buy Killzone, LEGO, AC4 and NFS Rivals ... Haven't experienced a launch like this in a while, I must say.

KZSF, Resogun, Knack, and 1 more third party. Haven't decided which one yet.

I thought the small playing area is intentional. It forces the player to deal with the enemies as opposed to run away and then come back to chip the enemies' health slowly.

What may be more disappointing is the fixed camera.
I can handle encounters in small areas it's just that Knack feels sluggish. If his movement were less constrained I wouldn't mind as much. I've gone back and retried it a few times on the hardest difficulty, and it does get more manageable but I'm still missing the faster more fluid movement from older Sony platformers.

At normal difficulty, the enemies are not quicker than him though. I remember I could control him rather easily except on slippery terrain.

It's more a matter of figuring out the enemies' attack patterns. There are also special moves.

May be at higher difficulty they tweak the enemy speed, and also improve Knack's response accordingly ?

Back