Sony Press Conference 2011

well , you all know my feelings , even at this price i wont be buying. Esp since not only would i have to pay more for the 3g verison but also have to pay monthly for it.

I was expecting some Megaton PS3 announcement :p

Yeah... they focused on the games. CinemaNow coming end of the year.

Dinner time. Will watch that U3 trailer again. Ninty tomorrow !

EDIT: Was also hoping to see Dark Souls and Sorcery. 8^/
I'll have to dig around for snippets of updates.

I confess myself disappointed. With the exception of UC3, it was second tier exclusives at best, without showing of any great multiplatform game either, whereas MS has scored some of those (MW3, TR, ME3) and had Gears and Forza as well.

PSVida is a very nice piece of tech but there doesn't seem to be a market for such handhelds, 3DS is struggling to get a foothold as well. We'll see if it can get better than PSP.

Move can't stand up to Kinect, it seems, neither in ability nor in developer support.

And what's the totally lame DJ doing there??

But Tretton was entertaining and I mostly liked their treatment of the security fiasco. They should've apologized a bit more to the users though.

Seems like they kinda left the 3rd party to their selves. I expect square-enix will have their own bash sometime during the week.

well , you all know my feelings , even at this price i wont be buying. Esp since not only would i have to pay more for the 3g verison but also have to pay monthly for it.

lol if your not going to pay a monthly 3g subscription then the 3g sku is irrelevant to you, pretend it doesnt exist.

If they offer the device free with a 3g subscription like they do with phones ill be signing up straight away.

Yup well for the viewers. The people at E3 still have 3 hours of playing with demo units and some special events left. Lucky bastids.

Quick takeaways:

Tretton is VERY good.

PSN "outage" handled exactly as they should have.

Uncharted 3 is...Uncharted 3. Was already hyped, am still hyped.

Resistance 3 is Y.A.S. (Yet Another Shooter). My shooter appetite is already well-satiated with other, better, titles.

Move stuff kinda fell flat (NBA 2K12 was a groaner) until Ken Levine came out and gave his (obviously unscripted) testimonial. I'm curious to see what Irrational do with it.

3D - Meh. At this point, the buy- in for 3D for me would amount to $200 and I still can't be bothered.

PSVita (stupid name aside) had a very impressive showing and I'm actually much more optimistic about its chances than I was before this PC. It's still going to be a tough sell, but I had pretty much written it off and now I'm thinking it's got a chance. They had better keep bringing the hits, though. And the price point is perfect. It really makes the 3DS look bad...

I think someone messed up the Nintendo rumors with PSVita :LOL:

Nice machine.

Too bad there isnt (almost like MS) a new idea just the same games over and over again.

Also these game someday looks like 80s point and click, like Uncharted for Vita.

Some day you cant even day in the games.:rolleyes:.

Oh ! I just woke up! I had watched the MS conference.
So,No New exclusives?
What about Sorcery and Last Gaurdian?
Any new Move games?

Id give it a solid B+ overall. Plenty of exclusive content and a lower than expected price for PSV.

Being a move shooter convert the move announcements for R3, Infamous 2, Dust, Bioshock etc. were quite a big deal to me, though id expect them to fall a little flat with those who haven seen the light just yet.

No new XMB / PSN platform features, unfortunately. The NGP will have voice party chat, but the PS3 gets no love.

lol if your not going to pay a monthly 3g subscription then the 3g sku is irrelevant to you, pretend it doesnt exist.

If they offer the device free with a 3g subscription like they do with phones ill be signing up straight away.

I don't mind paying for a 3g subscription , however the 3g device normaly costs less than the wifi verison considering the monthly fee.

It may still. It could be 299 unbundled with a suscriber while something less with AT&T. Sounds like tyhey are still hammering out the details there.

Back