Official E3 Sony Conference Thread 2010

Overall, I think they is was a pretty "corporate" presentation for Sony.

I'm interested in LBP2. However, I'll wait until the GOTY edition comes out. By then, the design community should have their creations well sorted. The rest isn't for me. I was hoping to see and hear more info on the Sotc/Ico bundle but that may just stay in rumor. Pity if it does. I was really expecting the finale to be either GT5 or Last Guardian.

it's on www.playstationplus.com, the swedish one atleast.
Does not mention it on the English website, and wasn't mentioned in the conference. Maybe Sony are still undecided and the Swedish version is wrongly updated?

Edit: Yes, the Swedish has an English line, ommitted from the English site. My guess it was supposed to be axed but got missed, or some similar error. Which suggests voice chat is a feature to appear but sony have maybe changed their minds about charging for it? E3 would have been the time to announce it if you're intending to launch a paid-for service, to add to the value of PSN+.

Well it seems strange thou, it's only only bullet point in english on the swedish psnplus page.

You guys can see it right ?

OK I quickly read the Eurogamer (back from sport I couldn't watch the feed :(
Things looked quiet interleaved during the presentation and I've to admit that whereas they were enthusiastic I got completely lost. I will watch vids and read resume tomorrow.
Overall from my quick check it looked pretty good even though they would better have kept KZ and LBP secret till the show.
I'm bit surprised they didn't speak about the last guardian.
Now I've to watch quiet some vids to catch up and make my mind :)
I've a growing interest for the ps3 the sad point is that 4 year into its life it's still too expansive for me and Move only make things worse :(

Only thing I took out of this was I want LBP2, which I already knew. Infamous 2 ... maybe. Talking about Killzone will just get me banned. GT5 having an actual release date before Christmas is a big thing. Sony should have a good holiday. Twisted Metal is something that would have seemed cool when I was 12 years old. It's cool the way X-Treme ads for fast food products are cool, which is not cool at all. The guy in the clown truck was so lame. Did I mention I hate Juggalos? Juggalos are an abomination. The worst sub-culture in the history of subcultures. They're sub-human. Anyway, yeah, Twisted Metal might be fun, but the "edginess" is all wrong and outdated. Portal 2 should be fun and PS3 should get some nice benefits from Steam integration. I'll be playing on PC though.

They should have kept it under an hour.

Folks thought this conference was boring huh? Amusing.

Scott - And how exactly do you suggest they would have kept all of that content under an hour, outside of some fantasy world where time doesn't exist?

Scott - And how exactly do you suggest they would have kept all of that content under an hour, outside of some fantasy world where time doesn't exist?

By removing a lot of the content or streamlining the presentations. Less time on multiplatform games is the easiest place to start.

You hate me, don't you?

The conference probably would have had a bigger impact if they hadn't already shown off KZ3 and LBP2 before E3.

This year more than ever, Sony looked like it has way too much stuff to show in the conference. This is a good thing, but it can weaken your message. Microsoft basically had two parts: a few hardcore games, and Kinect, for which the latter they had a games section and a UI/NXE section. Easy to partition. Sony had so ... many ... f'in ... games! They could have done better with presenting them, though of course they'll get their time on the floor.

I pointed out in my writeup that some trailers referred to games that featured twice. If you're this packed, then it pays to cut out what you've already shown earlier. As for the PSN+ stuff, they shouldn't have had Jack rattle it off, but they should have probably just done a trailer - it's not something that shows well. The PSP stuff handicapped them a little, but they didn't dwell on it (and I dug the new add-campaign - it's in total agreement with how I feel about the platform at the moment).

I'm willing to bet they'll do full conferences at the European and Japanese events this year again, and they'll be even more packed with (partly new) stuff than ever before, some of it that's really suited to local (show the Top Gear track in the European event, yeah?, but also new countries added for the Video store, etc.), and other stuff because they couldn't fit it in today.

That said, I think Sony did good enough to win imho. Move in particular looks very, very solid at the moment for enhancing games. Wii hasn't brought any improvements to the table, and Microsoft has failed to convince us for now that Kinect can do more than party games. Move looks like it can be a proper replacement for a dualshock (especially either two moves or with the navigation controller).

Have been checking out the E3 space in U.S. Home by the way, that's up and running there. You can watch most trailers again there and if you've seen the 7 main ones you get rewards and access to the 'VIP' area where you can see more interviews and stuff.

I think it was also a great idea to take the Anton sections out of the presentation this time and show a lot of stuff already before E3. There is so much and a lot of that has so much depth, that you can't properly appreciate it until you've tried it hands on.

By removing a lot of the content or streamlining the presentations. Less time on multiplatform games is the easiest place to start.

You hate me, don't you?

I just find your comments rather short sighted. Had they shown no 3rd party stuff, or spent less time on it, you'd be questioning their choice to only show exclusive stuff.

In fact, I'd argue that there was nothing wrong with the length, rather, the order. They should have started with Move, gone into 3rd party stuff, and then finished with their 1st party exclusives.

If anything could have been removed (or should have been) it's Kevin Butler and the sales talk. Nothing else.

With Sly Cooper HD versions, and Medal of Honor: Frontline HD version, I was kinda hoping for the ICO and SotC HD versions alongside The Last Guardian. But at least this shows they are interested in updating older games like this. Maybe we'll get something at TGS.

People get jaded. I thought all conferences were pretty predictable and hence boring.

The only thing that got me a little bit interested is that Move is getting integrated in a substantial number of shooters, SOCOM, Resident Evíl, KZ3 etc. So far I have only bought one Shooter for the PS3 and that was UT3 because it supported kbm.
The hands-on impressions from SOCOM are looking good so far, they´ve got my attention.

With Sly Cooper HD versions, and Medal of Honor: Frontline HD version, I was kinda hoping for the ICO and SotC HD versions alongside The Last Guardian. But at least this shows they are interested in updating older games like this. Maybe we'll get something at TGS.

I suspect Last Guardian is a late 2011 title, if not 2012. So we might see the collection sometime next year.

You guys can see it right ?

Yap. If it made it that far, the feature should already exist in the firmware. The other possibility is that the site has been hacked. :devilish: A journalist in GAF hinted that non-PSN+ subscribers will get a new feature because of PSN+ subscribers. This sounds like it.

May be they are waiting to see the PSN+ subscription response ?

We are waiting for the Blu-ray 3D firmware upgrade also.

Only thing I took out of this was I want LBP2, which I already knew. Infamous 2 ... maybe.

I want Infamous 2, definitely, but it doesn't really look much better than Infamous 1, which kinda seemed like what that part was going for, with the 'Like AC2, Uncharted 2 and GoW3 we try to make games better and better' thing.

Twisted Metal is something that would have seemed cool when I was 12 years old.

Well, it is a franchise from the PS1 era, 1995. So the look is very much from that time. But if they went and 'updated' the look, I think fans would rage. Kids probably grew up on Twisted Metal, the same way (older) kids grew up on Mario. The gameplay is interesting, but I also don't know much about Twisted Metal. I'm more amused by all of Jaffe's 'I WISH I was working on Twisted Metal' denials.

Yap. If it made it that far, the feature should already exist in the firmware. The other possibility is that the site has been hacked. :devilish: A journalist in GAF hinted that non-PSN+ subscribers will get a new feature because of PSN+ subscribers. This sounds like it.

Could it be a hacked website? Doubtful, but why is it in English? Did they forget Sweden exists when they were removing it?

Back