Sony Disable “Install Other OS” in firmware (v3.21)

But at what cost? How many people actually run videos on it? The PSP is a gaming platform, playing game is its primary purpose, CFW-driven piracy destroyed that. I'm not sure I want to pretend somehow installing CFW on the thing so I can fun pirated games on it is justified for any excuse.

I own my games first off. Second of all carrying my psp around at the time was easier than carying my portable dvd player with me and i could bring much more media on my memory card.

If sony made a competent system many wouldn't feel the need to hack it.

The psp makes a poor portable system tho. Its very bulky becaue of its shape (can't fit into pockets easily) it has very bad battery life and very long load times and has bulky umds.

CFW fixes that . it allows you to put games onto memory sticks which makes the systm more portable , decreases load times and increases battery life.

CFW did not fix the fact that the PSP is bulky, putting games on memory sticks allows for not having to carry UMDs but it does not change the bulkiness of the handheld.

You can essentially do all that with the PSPGo which is LESS BULKY AND you can also keep a ton of games on memory but it doesn't seem like people are genuinely interested in what the platform represents.

You might be interested in playing the devil's advocate, but I'm really not interested in that kind of discussion because this is not just some hypothetical topic for intellectual curiosity, CFW-driven piracy did actual harm, serious harm to the system as a gaming platform, and I hope this will not happen to the PS3 as a platform, if it means taking out the otherOS functionality, a functionality that most people will never use, so be it. I value the PS3 as a viable gaming platform over people being able to mess around with themes or codecs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own my games first off. Second of all carrying my psp around at the time was easier than carying my portable dvd player with me and i could bring much more media on my memory card.

I'm not accusing you of pirating games, but lots of people "carry" their pirated games around, they do that with the DS as well, and the DS is pretty portable without being hacked, I know people who paid to have CFW installed just to play pirated games on the PSP, it's sad.

Whether Sony made a competent system or not, it does NOT justify piracy via CFW, CFW might benefit certain users but the piracy that results from it harmed everyone who uses the PSP legitimately as a gaming platform, it would be intellectually dishonest for me to try to pretend CFW doesn't lead to piracy or that most people who take advantage of CFW do it "to carry games they bought and use it as a portable DVD player".

CFW did not fix the fact that the PSP is bulky, putting games on memory sticks allows for not having to carry UMDs but it does not change the bulkiness of the handheld.

You can essentially do all that with the PSPGo which is LESS BULKY AND you can also keep a ton of games on memory but it doesn't seem like people are genuinely interested in what the platform represents.

You might be interested in playing the devil's advocate, but I'm really not interested in that kind of discussion because this is not just some hypothetical topic for intellectual curiosity, CFW-driven piracy did actual harm, serious harm to the system as a gaming platform, and I hope this will not happen to the PS3 as a platform, if it means taking out the otherOS functionality, a functionality that most people will never use, so be it.

1) The psp is still bulky yes. However now you don't have to carry around a bunch of large umds. I can fit 15 ds games in the space of a single psp game. Getting rid of umd is a god send when i want to bring a psp with me. It also fixed battery life and loads letting me maximize my play time on the system in transit. My ds still does the bulk of my travel gaming tho because the battery lasts 12 hours

2) PSP GO doesn't let you do that. I have games not avalible on psp go service and I already own umds and thus i have to rebuy my games again. If sony was a better system designer they would have had the library up and ready to go along with a voucher program for games bought . Also my psp go will cost me $50 more than i paid for my psp star wars edition 3 years ago now.

There are reasons CFW exists , not everyone abuses it . The ps3 hasn't been hacked in what 3-4 year now ? If it gets cracked now whats teh diffrence esp if its only the fats or can be fixed with firmware or through a model revision. not everyone will use it to get free games.

You should be pissed and throwing your righteous fury at used game buyers and sellers and not at CFW people. CFW is drop in the bucket of lost game sales.

1) The psp is still bulky yes. However now you don't have to carry around a bunch of large umds. I can fit 15 ds games in the space of a single psp game. Getting rid of umd is a god send when i want to bring a psp with me. It also fixed battery life and loads letting me maximize my play time on the system in transit. My ds still does the bulk of my travel gaming tho because the battery lasts 12 hours

Why would you carry 15 DS games on a PSP when DS games are intended to be played on the DS? Are we to pretend there aren't a lot of people who "carry" pirated PSP and DS games on memory cards? If publishers aren't putting games on the PSP because of CFW-driven piracy, then what's the use of being able to carry a bunch of games on a memory stick?

2) PSP GO doesn't let you do that. I have games not avalible on psp go service and I already own umds and thus i have to rebuy my games again. If sony was a better system designer they would have had the library up and ready to go along with a voucher program for games bought . Also my psp go will cost me $50 more than i paid for my psp star wars edition 3 years ago now.

Sony is at fault for not thinking through the PSPGo concept, but then none of this justifies CFW-driven piracy. The fact is CFW leads to piracy and it killed the PSP as a gaming platform.

There are reasons CFW exists , not everyone abuses it . The ps3 hasn't been hacked in what 3-4 year now ? If it gets cracked now whats teh diffrence esp if its only the fats or can be fixed with firmware or through a model revision. not everyone will use it to get free games.

The point isn't why CFW exists, the point is whether console makers should allow it. More people abuses CFW than not, many people will take advantage of CFW to get free games, let's not pretend CFW-driven piracy isn't a huge problem, nothing justifies Sony allowing the PS3 to be cracked and games end up being pirated, it's not in their best interest, and it's not in the interest of people who buy games legitimately.

You should be pissed and throwing your righteous fury at used game buyers and sellers and not at CFW people. CFW is drop in the bucket of lost game sales.

Piracy is a big problem, it's ILLEGAL, there's no reason to downplay it. The used game market does harm the industry but it's not illegal, however the used game market also presents a real, serious problem that publishers and console makers need to address, but that doesn't mean CFW-driven piracy should not be addressed, and the end result, regardless of whether you like it or not, is the possibility of publishers taking away actual ownership of games, in the form of offering a limited software license, or selling a disc that doesn't really have all the game code on it but requiring the user to download content that is tied to the owner, further removing your ability to mess around.

Why would you carry 15 DS games on a PSP when DS games are intended to be played on the DS? Are we to pretend there aren't a lot of people who "carry" pirated PSP and DS games on memory cards? If publishers aren't putting games on the PSP because of CFW-driven piracy, then what's the use of being able to carry a bunch of games on a memory stick?
Because the ds is a competing option for portable gaming and even in its default setting is much more portable friendly. I wouldn't carry a psp with ds games. I would simply carry a ds and its games instead of a ds if it wasn't for CFW. That is my point.

Mabye publishers aren't putting games on the psp because the games they were putting (ps1/2 titles) weren't fitting in the portable market

Sony is at fault for not thinking through the PSPGo concept, but then none of this justifies CFW-driven piracy. The fact is CFW leads to piracy and it killed the PSP as a gaming platform.

PSP killed the PSP as a gaming platform. It failed at all its intended tasks from the onset.

The point isn't why CFW exists, the point is whether console makers should allow it. More people abuses CFW than not, many people will take advantage of CFW to get free games, let's not pretend CFW-driven piracy isn't a huge problem, nothing justifies Sony allowing the PS3 to be cracked and games end up being pirated.
console makers don't allow it. But people want it and find ways.

CFW driven piracy is less than the used game market. Getting rid of the used game market would make much mre money for a console maker than getting rid of custom firmware.

Piracy is a big problem, it's illegal, there's no reason to downplay it. The used game market does harm the industry but it's not illegal, however the used game market also presents a real, serious problem that publishers and console makers need to address, but that doesn't mean CFW-driven piracy should not be addressed.

You can only get rid of one of these two things. Piracy is not the one. You can delay piracy but you can't stop it. At some point all systems are hacked.

They can get rid of a used market for next gen psp by going with another go that fixes the originals problems. Gettng rid of piracy is much harder.

Because the ds is a competing option for portable gaming and even in its default setting is much more portable friendly. I wouldn't carry a psp with ds games. I would simply carry a ds and its games instead of a ds if it wasn't for CFW. That is my point.

That does not justify CFW or the piracy that results from it. Even the more portable DS also has a serious problem of pirates carrying dozens or even hundreds of pirated games on a single card.

Mabye publishers aren't putting games on the psp because the games they were putting (ps1/2 titles) weren't fitting in the portable market

Publishers aren't putting games on the PSP because they don't sell, they don't sell for various reasons, sometimes the software isn't compelling but there are compelling software on the PSP, even those are hurt by piracy because people would rather pirate these games than pay for them, piracy is possible because of CFW, there's no way around that.

PSP killed the PSP as a gaming platform. It failed at all its intended tasks from the onset.

PSP has some great, compelling games like GOW, Wipeout and Little Big Planet, if the intended task for a gaming platform is to be able to play games, which it is, then the PSP obviously has achieved a certain degree of success, CFW-enabled piracy hurt software sales by allowing people to not actually have to pay for the games and the poor sales was ultimately the platform's biggest problem, not whether you can carry 10 of your PSP games on a memory stick, especially now that new PSP software can be downloaded.

console makers don't allow it. But people want it and find ways.

Then console makers will find ways to shut them down, because CFW enables piracy.

CFW driven piracy is less than the used game market. Getting rid of the used game market would make much mre money for a console maker than getting rid of custom firmware.

CFW-driven piracy is a big problem on the PSP, that's not to say publishers and console makers shouldn't address both CFW piracy AND the used games market, in no way should CFW-driven piracy ever be justified in any way just because the used game market also presents a problem to publishers in terms of lost sales.

You can only get rid of one of these two things. Piracy is not the one. You can delay piracy but you can't stop it. At some point all systems are hacked.

Why can you only get rid of one of these two things? No, they should try to address BOTH, you keep justifying piracy as if it's an integral part of the console experience, that somehow just because CFW enables you to do certain things on the console hardware that somehow it doesn't matter that CFW leads to piracy, piracy has been a huge problem that has plagued consoles and PC gaming for decades, all it does is lead to the end user losing actual ownership of the content, eventually they'll simply move to a model where the end user no longer owns the content or no longer has the content local to the platform, in the end we all lose as a result.

They can get rid of a used market for next gen psp by going with another go that fixes the originals problems. Gettng rid of piracy is much harder.

They can certainly try the digital download-only route, piracy-wise they have already demonstrated with the PS3 which is way less friendly to hackers, if and when the next generation launches, it's safe to say that all the console makers will try to make things even more difficult for hackers, we'll likely never see anything like the otherOS functionality ever again, as for people hoping they can make their own dynamic themes on the PS3, now they'll probably have to kiss that goodbye, all because someone was bragging about trying to hack the hypervisor through linux. Nobody said tackling piracy would be easy, but it would be foolish for any console maker to simply resign themselves to believing that they shouldn't even try, whether it's taking out functionality like otherOS or trying to attach the content to one user, they will continue to combat piracy, that's the reality of the situation.

The used game market is actually a harder problem to tackle because it's so lucrative to game retailers to buy back games at ridiculously low prices then resell them slightly cheaper than new ones, and the industry can't survive without retail support yet, however that is a different discussion and maybe you should start another thread to pursue it further.

Sony removing the otherOS functionality is the right move for them as a console maker, because it minimizes any potential impact of the system being hacked via said functionality, there's no point for them to wait until it happens, IF it happens.

That does not justify CFW or the piracy that results from it. Even the more portable DS also has a serious problem of pirates carrying dozens or even hundreds of pirated games on a single card.
CFW is just software.

Cars are used in theft all the time. Should cars be banned ?

The problem are pirates who will not buy the game new anyway , if they can't pirate they will buy it used.

Publishers aren't putting games on the PSP because they don't sell, they don't sell because people would rather pirate these games, piracy is possible because of CFW.

PSP games do sell when they are talored for a portable system.

PSP has some great, compelling games like GOW, Wipeout and Little Big Planet, if the intended task for a gaming platform is to be able to play games, which it is, then the PSP obviously has achieved a certain degree of success, CFW-enabled piracy hurt software sales by allowing people to not actually have to pay for the games and the poor sales was ultimately the platform's biggest problem, not whether you can carry 10 of your PSP games on a memory stick, especially now that new PSP software can be downloaded.

The intended task for the psp is to be a portable system. Thus the name playstation portable. It fails at doing these things. Its to long to fit into most pockets , its battery life is very bad and its games are very big.

These are problems that existed fro mbefore CFW came about. its why the ds became the better system and continued to take off once the ds lite came out.

Why can you only get rid of one of these two things? No, they should try to address BOTH, you keep justifying piracy as if it's an integral part of the console experience, that somehow just because CFW enables you to do certain things on the console hardware that somehow it doesn't matter that CFW leads to piracy, piracy has been a huge problem that has plagued consoles for decades, all it does is lead to the end user losing actual ownership of the content, eventually they'll simply move to a model where the end user no longer owns the content or no longer has the content local to the platform, in the end we all lose as a result.
They can onl get rid of one because hackers will allways hack and at some point they will get into a system. You might be able to delay it but it wont go away.

a DD system is a win for developers and gamers a like. Its the future and the sooner we can get there the better off everyone is.

The DD discusion is already in other threads.

However CFW is not the problem. Getting rid of a used market will make them more money than stoping piracy Creating a DD network that brings the ease of piracy to the legitmate market will take away peoples need to pirate things .

I know many people who pirate games because they can st a download come back 10 minutes later and have a game. No drive to the store to see if they have it , no dealing with gamestop pushing reserves or a warrenty on a psp game. None of that. Just a quick download and your playin your game. DD will allow that to happen

CFW is just software.

Cars are used in theft all the time. Should cars be banned ?

Thefts can happen without cars, piracy on PSP cannot happen without CFW.

The problem are pirates who will not buy the game new anyway , if they can't pirate they will buy it used.

Buying it used is LEGAL, pirating is ILLEGAL, both hurts the industry and both have to be addressed.

PSP games do sell when they are talored for a portable system.

PSP games get pirated and sales suffer as a result, thus piracy has to be addressed.

The intended task for the psp is to be a portable system. Thus the name playstation portable. It fails at doing these things. Its to long to fit into most pockets , its battery life is very bad and its games are very big.

Now you're exaggerating things. The PSP as bulky as it is, is still very much portable, it's not like you're lugging a CRT around, or even a laptop, it's still relatively small and can still be carried in jackets, just not your front pockets, there are longer life batteries available, not to mention games can be downloaded onto memory sticks or the PSPGO which takes care of the problem of the drive using up battery power.

These are problems that existed fro mbefore CFW came about. its why the ds became the better system and continued to take off once the ds lite came out.

The more popular DS also suffers from rampant piracy, anytime you have a system hacked you end up having the system plagued by piracy.

They can onl get rid of one because hackers will allways hack and at some point they will get into a system. You might be able to delay it but it wont go away.

They have yet to fully hack the PS3, nobody is claiming that hackers will just go away, the point isn't to "delay" it, it's to stay one step ahead of the hackers so the system won't get hacked, and to minimize the impact of potential piracy problems even when it's hacked.

a DD system is a win for developers and gamers a like. Its the future and the sooner we can get there the better off everyone is.

Let's not pretend that the industry can do without retail.

The DD discusion is already in other threads.

However CFW is not the problem. Getting rid of a used market will make them more money than stoping piracy Creating a DD network that brings the ease of piracy to the legitmate market will take away peoples need to pirate things .

I know many people who pirate games because they can st a download come back 10 minutes later and have a game. No drive to the store to see if they have it , no dealing with gamestop pushing reserves or a warrenty on a psp game. None of that. Just a quick download and your playin your game. DD will allow that to happen

CFW IS a problem for consoles if piracy can be enabled through CFW. No one is suggesting that the industry should not address the used market situation, addressing one does not preclude one from addressing the other, BOTH are problems.

The point is not to take away the "need" to pirate things, you can never take away the need of someone not wanting to pay for games but to STEAL via piracy, the point is to take away the ABILITY to pirate games. People aren't pirating games because it's "more convenient to download", people are pirating because they don't want to pay, why buy when you can steal? You're basically trying to justify piracy by pretending that pirates only do it for the sake of not having to go to a store, that's just ridiculous. People pirate software all the time, whether it's movies or songs, because they're cheap and they would rather steal them rather than pay for them even when they don't cost a lot of money. To address piracy they need to make it more difficult for hackers to hack hardware and pirate software as well as severely punish those who buy and sell pirated software, simply changing the distribution channel will not solve the problem.

Pirating happened without CFW on the DC and the original Playstation, so I'm not sure it's accurate to say that pirating only happens due to CFW.

Pirating is not unique to the PSP as the DS and X360 both have pirated games. Although I'm sure some sales are lost to pirates, both are still doing quite well.

That being said, I know of several friends that had 2 Xboxes. One for legitimate games on Xbox Live and the second modded one for XBMC and MAME. I had 2 myself for the same reason.

Did any of them had pirated games? TBH, they did, but their primary reason they had and still use the modded Xbox is for XBMC and MAME.

You must have invested a small fortune in Memory cards back then :)

And you are really REALLY naive if you think a "competent" system wouldn´t be hacked, free games = hacked. Everyone i know that bought a Nintendo DS got it with a "Backup" device.
Regarding the PSP i actually thought the new PSP´s was closed for hacking.

You must have invested a small fortune in Memory cards back then :)

My first psp was a psp 2000 (star wars one) I think i got a 4gig card for $30-40 bucks at the time ?

It was enough to keep the 3 games i was playing and a bunch o fanime i was watching. Would bring it to work and watch a show while i was on lunch

Did any of them had pirated games? TBH, they did, but their primary reason they had and still use the modded Xbox is for XBMC and MAME.

So giving them the benefit of the doubt as to whether they were watching pirated movies on XBMC, are you really saying that playing pirated games was not their primary reason, but instead it was for watching movies and pirated coinop games?

Now if they were watching pirated movies, then it becomes:

piracy was not the primary reason for modding their xbox, it was so they could watch pirated movies and TV shows and play pirated coinop games.

So giving them the benefit of the doubt as to whether they were watching pirated movies on XBMC, are you really saying that playing pirated games was not their primary reason, but instead it was for watching movies and pirated coinop games?

Now if they were watching pirated movies, then it becomes:

piracy was not the primary reason for modding their xbox, it was so they could watch pirated movies and TV shows and play pirated coinop games.

Pirated games were not their primary reason. Most of them had in excess of 20+ Xbox games. They had an unmodded Xbox for playing on Live and even some games that were not Live enabled. Of the 10-12 of them with modded Xboxes, 3-4 had pirated games numbering approximately 7-10 or so.

As I've said, most used it for XBMC and Mame. Also, I'm not sure I would call the movies they watched pirated, as some of them had original CDs and DVDs (not all of them).

For my part, most of the movies I had stored on my 500GB HDD were anime, Kung Fu flicks, horror movies and MP3s.

I just think it unfair to paint anybody with a modded console whether it's CFW or chipped, "pirates". If I wanted to pirate games, I would've modded my X360 by now and would own a modded PSP as well (I still haven't played Chains of Olympus).

Pirated games were not their primary reason. Most of them had in excess of 20+ Xbox games. They had an unmodded Xbox for playing on Live and even some games that were not Live enabled. Of the 10-12 of them with modded Xboxes, 3-4 had pirated games numbering approximately 7-10 or so.

As I've said, most used it for XBMC and Mame. Also, I'm not sure I would call the movies they watched pirated, as some of them had original CDs and DVDs (not all of them).

For my part, most of the movies I had stored on my 500GB HDD were anime, Kung Fu flicks, horror movies and MP3s.

I just think it unfair to paint anybody with a modded console whether it's CFW or chipped, "pirates". If I wanted to pirate games, I would've modded my X360 by now and would own a modded PSP as well (I still haven't played Chains of Olympus).

Of those i know that bought a XBOX only one bought games for it, i think he bought 2 on total. Of course they didn´t care about live so.

My first psp was a psp 2000 (star wars one) I think i got a 4gig card for $30-40 bucks at the time ?

It was enough to keep the 3 games i was playing and a bunch o fanime i was watching. Would bring it to work and watch a show while i was on lunch

I figured that since one of your original reasons for using a hacked PSP was the "bad codec" support you bought a early version. Afaik, when your version was released their weren't anything wrong with the built in video support.

Wrong. The used market, as I said, often brings in money to developers when they release a new game. Generally a small percentage of games will come back early as trades, and they get sold used, however, when a game is traded that credit is used toward another game, feeding back to the industry. If people intended to buy a game, they buy it new when it comes out. There aren't many core gamers that will wait a few weeks to save five bucks.

As for your "reason" for people who pirate because they don't have to drive...lmfao. You seriously don't believe those cheap ass people are "only pirating" because they don't want to deal with retail, do you? I assure you it is ONLY because they don't have to pay a dime for it. It's not socially or morally acceptable to steal, yet you think it is in every way. Bravo.

ROFL. Riiiiiiight.

I'm sure it's all Sony and they didn't make a "competent" system.

And I'm sure you own allllll those movies that you were carrying around, you just happened to rip them all and encode them for your PSP, right?

Like I said, CFW is far more harmful than the used game market because it always (read: ALWAYS) leads to piracy. There's no arguing this point. Used game sales bring new game sales to the table. CFW often brings nothing more than people wanting emulators and free games, with a very small portion of that user base buying and ripping their own games.

I figured that since one of your original reasons for using a hacked PSP was the "bad codec" support you bought a early version. Afaik, when your version was released their weren't anything wrong with the built in video support.

If the first one he bought was a 2000, then there would have been a lot of supported codecs, but I'm certain he was probably getting MKV's or something since it was anime (which I'm sure he purchased, right?).

I know not all CFW users are pirates, but I think it is a "too crude" way of allowing consumers to do whatever we want. Piracy in the western world is generally curbed, so even with CFW, many people will continue to buy new and used games. However in countries where piracy are not well tackled, it is a tool to get free content. Once the momentum is formed and the platform holder loses control of its channel, small resellers will be incent to offer modding services and pirated content to all.

BadTB25 said:

That doesn't mean more people won't pirate. I have friends who bought Xbox because of pirated content in Asia.

For high volume content providers (e.g., iTunes), the sheer unit volume they move may allow them to absorb the piracy cost. This is why we hear people talk about "Don't penalize the consumers" or "Don't assume they are pirates". But I was told even under iTunes, some Asian song providers still have their DRM turned on because their primary market is "not so safe".

I know of only one Asian friend who pirate DS software. He's a gamer father of 2, so he pirate them for himself and the kids. More/most of my PSP friends have CFW installed. The ones in Asia get free software and movies, while the ones in US buy games. I agree that Sony has ignored PSP to the point that users felt compelled to add more functionality via CFW. This is Sony's undoing. On a platform where Sony is losing (small) money on a console hardware sale, then the effect is even worse.

I don't think the issue is a simple one. There are many dimensions to it. However it is pretty clear to me what CFW has done in countries where piracy is not well tackled. Should/when those countries continue to grow (They are mostly growth market), the platform holders and developers will lose more and more once people think that content should be free. For the most part, these people also don't care what additional features CFW bring. The main draw is the free content. They don't know how to upgrade to a newer CFW anyway.

I do recognize that Sony can gain a lot if PSP is as easy to use as iPod. If they can move faster and better than the CFW writers, then the latter will be "out of job". At this critical point, it would be prudent for Sony to send the right message (or rather deliver the right things) to the impatient consumers.

EDIT:
Anyway, back on topic. Patrick Seybold cited "security concerns" for the removal of OtherOS. Piracy would be the obvious focal point. But my main concern is actually the cheating and stability. I think Sony will need to come clean once the patch is available. How exposed are we ?

I I agree that Sony has ignored PSP to the point that users felt compelled to add more functionality via CFW. This is Sony's undoing.

I only followed the PSP on the sideline, even though i bought one at launch, but where exactly did Sony sell something to the consumers that they didn´t really get. The ONE and only thing i can put my finger at, is the stupid ignorant arrogant nerf on the Video resolution. But even then, it still was above the rest of the portable video players back then.

The notion that a Consumer can DEMAND or FORCE something he perceives is his right is dead wrong.
If you buy a 120GB Harddisk recorder, and it turns out it´s filled with 10 1TB drives but the 9 has been disabled and the last one only uses 120GB, then it´s NOT your right to get 10TB back. And that example is not even in same league as we are seeing used as arguments here.

I want a fully fledged PS3 Linux, so i hacked the PS3, with the risk of opening the door to Cheaters in games, and pirated movies and games, but that is ok, because it´s my RIGHT to have more than is written on the box? wtf

I want a PSP that i don´t have to pay for games for, so i hacked it.

I only followed the PSP on the sideline, even though i bought one at launch, but where exactly did Sony sell something to the consumers that they didn´t really get. The ONE and only thing i can put my finger at, is the stupid ignorant arrogant nerf on the Video resolution. But even then, it still was above the rest of the portable video players back then.

Oh crap, you can find some of our original complains in the B3D archive. :)
There are lotsa missed opportunities and tedious UI issues that -- if addressed -- could have made PSP even greater. But DS and iPhone kinda render the whole point moot.

I still use my PSP almost daily today... as a remote controller to my office PS3. My son loves Patapon on it and demand that I take it home everyday.

The notion that a Consumer can DEMAND or FORCE something he perceives is his right is dead wrong.

I'd say the requests/desire could be an opportunity for the vendor -- if they want to take up the challenge.

Back